• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2021 at 11:48 AM, ygogolak said:
On 10/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, paperheart said:

any chance you could highlight books that i haven't either: given away or sold for $1 :acclaim:

Can you start a thread of books you are selling? Easier for the rest of us. :bigsmile:

I bought a 90's run of BATMAN from Mike not long ago. They were cheap so WTH ? ... They arrived and at least half of them look straight 9.8 .... he always grades tight. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/29/2021 at 4:59 PM, RickSp said:

That’s exactly what they should be, pure reader issues. But there’s a demand for them in recent years and I guess it takes a while before they reprint again.

I do think it’s cool to have a copy of something like an AF15 in its original format though, as opposed to within a trade or omnibus. Maybe that’s what drives the prices on these…

I buy the facsimiles of high value books I've had graded.  if I ever need to sell em it's a nice little cherry on top to attract buyers.

The Facsimiles sell well for $15-$20 apiece at shows, and even the True Believers books are a ready $5-$10 (or a bit more for the big books). If you can't afford the original, buying a reprint for $20 is just as good if you want to read it.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:12 PM, Pittsburgh said:

I bought some Wheel of Time comics last night since the show is coming and realized that jsilverjanet is the seller.  

Thank you for accepting my offer and CONGRATULATIONS on the other sales of these as well!  You've done extremely well with the Wheel of Time :flipbait:

If you write the user name with the @ symbol in front of it and choose the name when it shows in the drop-down box they will get a notification that their name was mentioned.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:22 PM, Jemin said:

What's the significance?

Eternals movie is leading to #1 also selling. That’s a comic I bought when it hit the shelves. I’ve seen spec on that issue for a while. A quiet $5-10 book.

Edited by littledoom

On 11/6/2021 at 1:13 AM, littledoom said:

#39 also .. Amanda Conner :cloud9:

I see some people calling it a Betty #8 homage on eBay. They can’t be that far apart release-wise; curious to go check now that you mention it.

Yep - Betty is ‘93, Barbie Fashion is ‘94. 

Edited by Readcomix

On 10/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, littledoom said:

Barbie Fashion Marvel sales (movie)

Guess I should have been paying attention to this. 

Would have been a good time to sell the triple packs I have. 

Any particular issues? 

Patrick

On 11/6/2021 at 7:23 AM, followtheleader said:

Guess I should have been paying attention to this. 

Would have been a good time to sell the triple packs I have. 

Any particular issues? 

Patrick

1, 13, 39, 53

Mile High has a raw NM 53 newsstand with a stock photo for $2.4k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BARBIE-FASHION-MARVEL-1991-Series-53-NEWSSTAND-Near-Mint-Comics-Book-/233184333614?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Edited by littledoom