• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2022 at 2:46 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Had some time to do research the last few days on my graded slab inventory and realized Batman Damned 1 has been making some moves (varying fluctuations lately) sales-wise for any holders. I had taken this title off my watchlist about a year ago.

Had no idea. Thanks for sharing. 

On 12/24/2022 at 6:46 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Had some time to do research the last few days on my graded slab inventory and realized Batman Damned 1 has been making some moves (varying fluctuations lately) sales-wise for any holders. I had taken this title off my watchlist about a year ago.

Unfortunately it is meaningless - the market is flooded with high grade copies.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:50 AM, World Devourer said:

Not at all. Some are truly rare and in demand.

The aforementioned issues, however, are more supply than demand. 

What does truly rare have to do with anything? It is nice if it is, but most of the books in demand are not rare. The last of us books seem to be picking up a little since christmas, anecdotal observation.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:50 AM, World Devourer said:

Not at all. Some are truly rare and in demand.

The aforementioned issues, however, are more supply than demand. 

What? In which thread do you think you're posting?

This thread has nothing specifically to do with rarity, real or otherwise.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, Lazyboy said:

What? In which thread do you think you're posting?

This thread has nothing specifically to do with rarity, real or otherwise.

seriously, NM 98 has 10X the # of copies floating around as most of these newer hot books, maybe 20-30X.

On 1/5/2023 at 2:14 PM, World Devourer said:

Unfortunately it is meaningless - the market is flooded with high grade copies.

Not to me or anyone who has graded copies laying around that wants to make an extra 40 bucks profit or whatever compared to year ago or so.  😁

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 1/7/2023 at 10:39 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not to me or anyone who has graded copies laying around that wants to make an extra 40 bucks profit or whatever compared to year ago or so.  😁

An extra $40 is very minimal. Even if you have 20 copies it is agreat deal of time money and energy.

I purchased a number of variants I resold for thousands more, because they featured a popular character, and were ("tah dah") rare. 

On 1/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, World Devourer said:

An extra $40 is very minimal. Even if you have 20 copies it is agreat deal of time money and energy.

I purchased a number of variants I resold for thousands more, because they featured a popular character, and were ("tah dah") rare. 

lol

:facepalm:

On 1/7/2023 at 12:53 PM, Lazyboy said:

lol

:facepalm:

Just a statement of fact, friend. Trying to sell multiples of something (with no disrespect to ChasenBlue at all) for a small return is usually more work than waiting and selling one rare variant, yes?

And I believe this thread was once all about items that significantly increase, as opposed to small increments. If soneone finds a small jump notable, so be it. Items like that just don't bring the big returns.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:06 PM, World Devourer said:

You sell one variant you get one customer. You sell 20 copies of whatever you get a potential 20 new customers. 

Its a risk reward thing. Minimal risk with more time and energy or maximum risk with higher reward. 

On 1/6/2023 at 9:36 PM, World Devourer said:

Just a statement of fact, friend. Trying to sell multiples of something (with no disrespect to ChasenBlue at all) for a small return is usually more work than waiting and selling one rare variant, yes?

And I believe this thread was once all about items that significantly increase, as opposed to small increments. If soneone finds a small jump notable, so be it. Items like that just don't bring the big returns.

No, irrelevant garbage that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This thread is about the market. If you're looking for yet another hype thread for your stupid, worthless :censored:, you're in the wrong place.