• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2023 at 11:44 AM, godzilla43 said:

I don't have 655,656 or 657 but in 655 Damian is only seen in shadows? 656 in last page he attacks Batman and he speaks? 657 he is in the cover and in the book, talks and he is named? 
So ain't 657 then Damians first appearance? Like ASM 299 is cameo and Hulk 180 is cameo.

Half right, asm 299 1st appearance in cameo Hulk 180 1st appearance in cameo.  655 is Daimen 1st appearance in cameo. Can't say cameo alone. Yeah 657 is key book. 657 is something I can see in a movie.

Edited by catch21

On 2/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, godzilla43 said:

I don't have 655,656 or 657 but in 655 Damian is only seen in shadows? 656 in last page he attacks Batman and he speaks? 657 he is in the cover and in the book, talks and he is named? 
So ain't 657 then Damians first appearance? Like ASM 299 is cameo and Hulk 180 is cameo.

Both examples are just first appearances. No cameos.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:06 PM, the authority said:

There isn’t a person on the planet happier about The Authority than yours truly. I tried to sell Batman 655-657 last month with no takers. Pretty thrilled about that announcement too. 💪😎

I did immediately think of you when I finally watched the announcement today! Haha.

I'm happy for you. Any tips on authority? I want to say that my used bookstore has had several, runs even, for a long time, and yet there was never any public info on what to grab. :shy: is it really #1,12,13&29? Or is there an appearance elsewhere like gen 13 or Invincible?  @the authority

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/1/2023 at 5:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did immediately think of you when I finally watched the announcement today! Haha.

I'm happy for you. Any tips on authority? I want to say that my used bookstore has had several, runs even, for a long time, and yet there was never any public info on what to grab. :shy: is it really #1,12,13&29? Or is there an appearance elsewhere like gen 13 or Invincible?  @the authority

Stormwatch Volume 1 #37 features the first Jenny Sparks who was the leader and attitude of the team and Jack Hawksmoor. 

Stormwatch Volume 2 #4 features the first appearances of Midnighter and Apollo. The Batman and Superman of The Authority. 

Then the issues you named. Issue #1 featured the style that I believe led to what was used in the First Ultimates run. The Ultimates seemed more like the MCU Avengers , especially Captain America imo. 

Stormwatch 37-50

Stormwatch Vol 2 1-12

Wildcats Aliens prestige

The Authority 1-29 were all great stuff. All written by Warren Ellis and Mark Millar. Art was by Hitch, Neary, and Frank Quitely. Sprawling story

Edited by the authority

On 2/1/2023 at 5:28 PM, the authority said:

Stormwatch Volume 1 #37 features the first Jenny Sparks who was the leader and attitude of the team and Jack Hawksmoor. 

Stormwatch Volume 2 #4 features the first appearances of Midnighter and Apollo. The Batman and Superman of The Authority. 

Then the issues you named. Issue #1 featured the style that I believe led to what was used in the First Ultimates run. The Ultimates seemed more like the MCU Avengers , especially Captain America imo. 
Stormwatch 37-50

Stormwatch Vol 2 1-12

Stormwatch Aliens prestige

The Authority 1-29 were all great stuff. All written by Warren Ellis and Mark Millar. Art was by Hitch, Neary, and Frank Quitely. Sprawling story

As soon as we're not iced in here in town, I'll go look. :)

Bless you, as I know it's a working knowledge, ie from your experience, so it is appreciated.  :cheers:

Amazing that there wasn't snow just all ice, but blessed so far so I give Him the glory. Neighbor even shoveled the sidewalk for me today. I'm holding down the fort with enough food until Friday thank God.

Texas is a bit  :ohnoez: compared to the rest of the now ice world.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/1/2023 at 5:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

As soon as we're not iced in here in town, I'll go look. :)

Bless you, as I know it's a working knowledge, ie from your experience, so it is appreciated.  :cheers:

Amazing that there wasn't snow just all ice, but blessed so far so I give Him the glory. Neighbor even shoveled the sidewalk for me today. I'm holding down the fort with enough food until Friday thank God.

Texas is a bit  :ohnoez: compared to the rest of the now oce world.

I’m glad you’re well. It’s mostly ice here too. Couldn’t make it up my driveway last night but it cleared off today. 

I used to live in Houston and Corpus Christi but it only snowed once down there in many years. Houston absolutely shut down over the snow 😝 

Hope you find some gems. Stormwatch vol 2 #4 is the biggest winner 🏆 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, Corona smith said:

To add to your post expect to see Stormwatch #4 First Apollo & Midnighter to see some action. I also just picked up another graded 9.2 Batman 655. Total of 3 graded newsstands I have. 

655 Variant must be a good one to find now. 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:28 PM, the authority said:

Stormwatch 37-50

Stormwatch Vol 2 1-12

Stormwatch Aliens prestige

hey Authority, you are the Authority on Authority. 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:50 PM, wisbang21 said:

I was looking at a 655 variant on a site yesterday 9.8 for $400, starting browsing all the other comics on the site , looked at it again, it was sold!  They had a SS 9.6 Variant for 350 .  Grabbed that , my first SS!  Some crazy person has one on ebay SS 9.8 for 10k! :ohnoez:

Good pickup.  Who signed it?

On 2/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, Hekla said:

Would have loved a Planetary announcement too, but maybe that's Gunn-DC Phase 2 :wishluck:

I was thinking the same thing, but then thought how could a movie do justice to that series? It might work better as an HBO Max series or even an animated run. Give me "Planetary" and "100 Bullets" in  well done HBO Max series and I could die happy.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:49 PM, boomtown said:

I was thinking the same thing, but then thought how could a movie do justice to that series? It might work better as an HBO Max series or even an animated run. Give me "Planetary" and "100 Bullets" in  well done HBO Max series and I could die happy.

That would be fantastic. 😎