• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2023 at 1:24 PM, catch21 said:

655,656,657 and 666 

On 2/1/2023 at 1:44 PM, godzilla43 said:

I don't have 655,656 or 657 but in 655 Damian is only seen in shadows? 656 in last page he attacks Batman and he speaks? 657 he is in the cover and in the book, talks and he is named? 
So ain't 657 then Damians first appearance? Like ASM 299 is cameo and Hulk 180 is cameo.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, catch21 said:

I said this earlier in this thread. Plus 657 is the 1st time Daimen wears the Robin outfit.

I find this quite confusing with which book has the most value for Damian's first cameo/full appearance. Wasn't 655 for the longest time considered the book to own for Damien and now it seems like 656 which had less value is the one to own. I don't care since I own 655-657 and 666.....but just crazy.

Edited by captainzombie

On 2/2/2023 at 1:03 AM, captainzombie said:

I find this quite confusing with which book has the most value for Damien's first cameo/full appearance. Wasn't 655 for the longest time considered the book to own for Damien and now it seems like 656 which had less value is the one to own. I don't care since I own 655-657 and 666.....but just crazy.

You sell more books when you tease...

And then everybody goes and gets confused later.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:03 PM, captainzombie said:

I find this quite confusing with which book has the most value for Damian's first cameo/full appearance. Wasn't 655 for the longest time considered the book to own for Damien and now it seems like 656 which had less value is the one to own. I don't care since I own 655-657 and 666.....but just crazy.

Currently there are less copies of 656 in the census compared to each 1:10 variant and regular of 655. However, 655 sold copies sell for more.

Edited by catch21

On 2/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, godzilla43 said:

Yeah, Batman 657 should be his 1st full appearance. In ASM 298 there is one page showing talking Venom in shadows, 299 there is two pages one in shadows, talking and in last page you see Venom and character is named. Now that Damian matters this might turn out to be another "Killer Croc" where the is so many cameos and first appearances that market just picked Batman 357 and well who cares really?!?

Most people on the market do not know what is inside the book.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:03 AM, captainzombie said:

655 is the book to own.  

On 2/2/2023 at 10:49 AM, WolverineX said:

655 is the book to own.  

Thanks! I am glad that I did get all of these within the last 2 years and several copies of each. At least I was able to get 9.8's on 655 and 656. I still need to send in 657, and stinks that my 666 came back as a 9.6.

Glad that they are trying something different with an edgy Robin vs. keep going to the well with MR.. They should just introduce him as Nightwing in the movies, there is so much potential with his popularity.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:53 AM, captainzombie said:

Thanks! I am glad that I did get all of these within the last 2 years and several copies of each. At least I was able to get 9.8's on 655 and 656. I still need to send in 657, and stinks that my 666 came back as a 9.6.

Glad that they are trying something different with an edgy Robin vs. keep going to the well with MR.. They should just introduce him as Nightwing in the movies, there is so much potential with his popularity.

Nice,  glad to hear you picked these up while they were cheap.  It's been nice seeing the rise recently.... can't wait to see him in the movies. 

I just wish they would get cyberpunk  batman ready.... batman beyond is such a goldmine.   He is pretty much Peter parker as batman.... the joker had no idea what to do with Terry making jokes while they were fighting...

On 2/2/2023 at 10:58 AM, WolverineX said:

Nice,  glad to hear you picked these up while they were cheap.  It's been nice seeing the rise recently.... can't wait to see him in the movies. 

I just wish they would get cyberpunk  batman ready.... batman beyond is such a goldmine.   He is pretty much Peter parker as batman.... the joker had no idea what to do with Terry making jokes while they were fighting...

Agreed. It is quite awesome to finally see these DC books gain some traction and for now it appears like Gunn and co. are also focusing on newer characters then the older tired and true DC characters. It will be interesting for those that are speculating as now we are at a point where you can expect any character to be pulled into the DCU.

I have a feeling that we will see Batman Beyond in one form or another. Especially considering how popular the Beyond the White Knight series has also been.

I wonder if they will still do something with Val-Zod since Michael B. Jordan was tied to this project for a long time.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:35 PM, littledoom said:

Once a bonafide dollar book, The Authority #1 is now a $100+ plus wall book

wish I had one to sell lol.

On the flip side, it was $100 book before it ever saw a dollar bin 😝 

I remember selling sets of 1-12 for $150-200 in the early 2000s. 

There are still some sleepers out there. Planetary is nearly an equally awesome story to me and some others think it was the better of the two series. It also used to bring good money for a #1 and the preview issues. 

Something tells me that Action Comics #775 could be the next book to jump back up. It’s DC’a answer to how or if Superman could take on the Authority. probably my favorite single issue ever. 

My gut tells me that The Authority could be the monster part of gods and monsters. Although they have a moral compass they make the Seven,  from the Boys series, look like Boy Scouts when it comes to fighting or problem solving 😝 

Edited by the authority

On 2/2/2023 at 3:53 PM, littledoom said:

I sold a variant CGC 9.6 of this that I bought already slabbed for $12 for $160 back in 2017 and a set for $80 also with the variant

Yea, it was in development and then died. There was big lull in there where I sold as well.

Edited by ygogolak

On 2/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, ygogolak said:

Yea, it was in development and then died. There was big lull in there where I sold as well.

Yeah, it depends how many years you are willing to wait to see a nice ROI lol... I think Damian Wayne's 1st can easily be a $200 comic raw.. now is the time to hoard copies