• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2023 at 3:52 PM, littledoom said:

Yeah, it depends how many years you are willing to wait to see a nice ROI lol... I think Damian Wayne's 1st can easily be a $200 comic raw.. now is the time to hoard copies

I still have most of the copies of #655-657 I was snagging from dollar boxes not that long ago, so I hope you are right on the raw prices. (thumbsu

On 1/31/2023 at 10:07 PM, followtheleader said:

For a modern, SW 4 is a tougher book to find. 

I only found 1 copy over the years, but plenty of the others.  

This.  
I finally managed to pick one up last year(!) when my LCS came across a copy.  I forget what I paid, but I seem to remember it was probably around $70 in raw VF/8.0 due to some small spine creases.  Hard to find AT ALL never mind in high grade due to the black cover.  

On 2/4/2023 at 10:20 PM, PeterPark said:

tell me more...

Selling between $25-30. Copies got cleared off eBay 1/31-2/1. When I looked the other day there weren't any listed, but looks like there are a few now. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/4/2023 at 9:43 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Selling between $25-30. Copies got cleared off eBay 1/31-2/1. When I looked the other day there weren't any listed, but looks like there are a few now. 

I grabbed the regular 1-3 (it's a 3-part miniseries) at an LCS the other day for $10, figured it's worth it to have just in case. 3 is "technically" first Damian as officially Robin.

On 2/5/2023 at 5:53 AM, Jackhartmann said:

Batman #655 CGC 9.8 White Pages 1st Damian Wayne DC Comics

Current bid $200 2 days. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155388694481

I'd say some inexperience comes into play here.

As an investment this issue will have no great worth due to the sheer volume of high grade copies (9.8 - 954 of the regular version iand 334 in of the variant version).

Edited by World Devourer

On 2/4/2023 at 10:14 PM, World Devourer said:

I'd say some inexperience comes into play here.

As an investment this issue will have no great worth due to the high volume of high grade copies (954 of the regular version in 9.8 and 334 in 9.8 of the variant version).

Not that I'm suggesting Damian is currently on the same level as Deadpool, but New Mutants 98 (4,000+ 9.8 copies; $1,500ish FMV) would suggest this isn't necessarily true.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

The Bride of Frankenstein and Nina Mazursky 1st appearances seem to be going under the radar even with the Creature Commandos announcement, as Weird War Tales #93 and Creature Commandos #1 seem to be taking precedent in that regard :whatthe:

Still curious what's a better grab: Morrison's Klarion Seven Soldiers (2005) or the New 52 series (2014) ~