• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2023 at 5:57 AM, catch21 said:

Sorry what's special about this book?

On 2/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I grabbed the regular 1-3 (it's a 3-part miniseries) at an LCS the other day for $10, figured it's worth it to have just in case. 3 is "technically" first Damian as officially Robin.

On 2/5/2023 at 12:36 AM, World Devourer said:

There you go. You answered your own query.

But it doesn’t make sense to say that a book will never have value based on a “high” census of fewer than 1,000 copies, when we’ve seen multiple cases where really high census counts don’t really negatively impact the overall value of the book.

If the Damian Wayne character were to see a massive increase in popularity based on the film and his role in the DCU (similar to Deadpool’s rise in popularity after the Deadpool movies), then the book could definitely rise in value from its current levels.

On 2/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, PeterPark said:

Its a small market, but by limiting production you can generate sales with a good artist. Its not anywhere near the normal market, but a fringe part of it. 

My show next month I am sure there won't be one copy and I have 19 dealers at the show. Even if there was a copy nobody would pay the price even close to market prices.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 2/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, littledoom said:

I’ve been after the color version of that Turner variant since the Wednesday it released. Should have bought it then

I agree I pick up the normal issue every chance I get. I passed on a newsstand copy that I regret now last month, but
they wanted a mint for it. 

Its really the last comic book that I was reading that on that 3rd or 4th issue caught me completely by surprise. Those
of you that have read it know exactly what I am talking about. If not for the let down somewhat on the last issue this 
would have been a masterpiece I think. As it is its the best modern story I have read in a long time. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 2/5/2023 at 10:35 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

But it doesn’t make sense to say that a book will never have value based on a “high” census of fewer than 1,000 copies, when we’ve seen multiple cases where really high census counts don’t really negatively impact the overall value of the book.

If the Damian Wayne character were to see a massive increase in popularity based on the film and his role in the DCU (similar to Deadpool’s rise in popularity after the Deadpool movies), then the book could definitely rise in value from its current levels.

(thumbsu

Some people are just completely divorced from reality and think that the tiny niche they focus on is actually relevant and the rest of the hobby doesn't exist.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:38 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Love this cover by Turner. 

This cover has to be one of my favourite Wolverine covers of all time. It just feels stoic.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:29 PM, littledoom said:

I’ve been after the color version of that Turner variant since the Wednesday it released. Should have bought it then

The color variant is hard to track down as well! I have a raw copy signed by the colorist, Peter Steigerwald.

Honestly, he is a magician. 

On 2/5/2023 at 9:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

I agree I pick up the normal issue every chance I get. I passed on a newsstand copy that I regret now last month, but
they wanted a mint for it. 

Its really the last comic book that I was reading that on that 3rd or 4th issue caught me completely by surprise. Those
of you that have read it know exactly what I am talking about. If not for the let down somewhat on the last issue this 
would have been a masterpiece I think. As it is its the best modern story I have read in a long time. 

I mean, I know I kind of showed my hand. 
But yes, I totally agree. OML is probably one of my favourite reads of all time. 
It’s easily tied with my favourite Wolverine read, of all time. The Best of Wolverine. BWS’ Weapon X is the other one.

On 2/6/2023 at 3:35 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

"Sense" often doesn't come into it in this game. There are multiple 9.8's on Ebay at present that will sit there. And sit there.And so on. Another example is ASM #194. As for NM #98, sellers can ASK for a certain price, but there is no guarantee they will get it (the 9.8 with the Double cover and triple signatures is interesting, but...), especially when the market is flooded with said overpriced items.

On the other hand, list an IH #377 3rd print in 9.8 and see how long it lasts. Sweet rarity 👌

Edited by World Devourer

On 2/6/2023 at 2:32 PM, Lazyboy said:

(thumbsu

Some p is sieople are just completely divorced from reality and think that the tiny niche they focus on is actually relevant and the rest of the hobby doesn't exist.

Who is divorced from reality?

Or is it the fact that my avatar is so much better than yours? :baiting:

On 2/6/2023 at 12:20 AM, World Devourer said:

As for NM #98, sellers can ASK for a certain price, but there is no guarantee they will get it

Here are the recent sales for NM 98 - as I mentioned, it's right around $1,500 on average for a 9.8 copy, of which there are 4,000+ on the census:

95189764_ScreenShot2023-02-06at9_18_57AM.thumb.png.b1d249e0f1bf3763d780ebc1b224cab1.png

There are 34 listings for Batman 655 in a 9.8 on eBay - some of those are for the variant, some are for lots, etc. That book has been selling 2-3 copies a day since the news came out, hovering around the $340-350 mark. 2 weeks ago you could get a copy for $130 if you were patient. So it's already more than doubled, and that's just on the news of a movie.

There are 108 listings for NM 98 in a 9.8 - some of those are for the facsimile, some are for lots. Here's an auction with 24 bids, currently at $1,325 with a day and a half left to go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403958415665

Here's another with 18 bids, currently at $1,125 with 6 and a half days left: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155390251003

Census count has next to nothing to do with it.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:29 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Here are the recent sales for NM 98 - as I mentioned, it's right around $1,500 on average for a 9.8 copy, of which there are 4,000+ on the census:

95189764_ScreenShot2023-02-06at9_18_57AM.thumb.png.b1d249e0f1bf3763d780ebc1b224cab1.png

There are 34 listings for Batman 655 in a 9.8 on eBay - some of those are for the variant, some are for lots, etc. That book has been selling 2-3 copies a day since the news came out, hovering around the $340-350 mark. 2 weeks ago you could get a copy for $130 if you were patient. So it's already more than doubled, and that's just on the news of a movie.

There are 108 listings for NM 98 in a 9.8 - some of those are for the facsimile, some are for lots. Here's an auction with 24 bids, currently at $1,325 with a day and a half left to go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403958415665

Here's another with 18 bids, currently at $1,125 with 6 and a half days left: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155390251003

Census count has next to nothing to do with it.

Demand is outweighing supply currently 

On 2/4/2023 at 9:14 PM, World Devourer said:

I'd say some inexperience comes into play here.

As an investment this issue will have no great worth due to the sheer volume of high grade copies (9.8 - 954 of the regular version iand 334 in of the variant version).

Inexperience:  arguing a market outcome based only on supply.