• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite "The Big Bang Theory" Comic Book Store Episodes

171 posts in this topic

Has anyone gone to the actual store?

http://www.thecomiccenter.com/

OMG! I had no idea. I thought it was just a set. Thanks for the link.

BTW, I'm really surprised the owner isn't making a bigger deal out of it. The only reference I can find to the show is in the photo section.

Cool looking store. BTW, the store FAQ lists the only actual buying policy I have ever seen laid out in print of how a comic store can afford overhead margins:

Do you buy comics?

Yes...But we are really only looking for hot current products and old stuff (silver/golden age). Most of the time we will give store credit (trade) because we only give 5% of the books value in cash. Example: If you have a comic worth $100, you would get $5 cash or $40 credit...AT BEST (depending on the quality and popularity of the comics). Also, if we already have the book in question, you will receive nothing.

Cool looking store. BTW, the store FAQ lists the only actual buying policy I have ever seen laid out in print of how a comic store can afford overhead margins:

Do you buy comics?

Yes...But we are really only looking for hot current products and old stuff (silver/golden age). Most of the time we will give store credit (trade) because we only give 5% of the books value in cash. Example: If you have a comic worth $100, you would get $5 cash or $40 credit...AT BEST (depending on the quality and popularity of the comics). Also, if we already have the book in question, you will receive nothing.

I guess they just wnt to avoid the flood of junk, but that kind of policy stops some pretty good pickups from walking in the door....so they won't pay anything for gs xmen q in vg if they have a copy?

Has anyone gone to the actual store?

http://www.thecomiccenter.com/

OMG! I had no idea. I thought it was just a set. Thanks for the link.

BTW, I'm really surprised the owner isn't making a bigger deal out of it. The only reference I can find to the show is in the photo section.

Thats freakin cool... have to check out the store as well! I liked the latest episode, Leonard needs to get over his long-distance thing with Priya. Get back into the game dude!

My favorite moment is from the third season when they return to their apartment only to find that is has been broken into and all of their electonic equipement has been stolen.

While Leonard laments the loss of his computer, video games, etc. to Raj and Howard, Sheldon runs to his room and comes back shortly and says, "Thank goodness. They didn't take my comic books!"

Cue the intro ...

Thats freakin cool... have to check out the store as well! I liked the latest episode, Leonard needs to get over his long-distance thing with Priya. Get back into the game dude!

I agree. He needs to broom Priya and get with that comic book creator girl. We need to see more of her in upcoming episodes!

I agree. He needs to broom Priya and get with that comic book creator girl. We need to see more of her in upcoming episodes!

I AGREE (thumbs u BTW, a very funny show!

Favorite episode is when they dress up as the JLA.

That one was a riot lol

The christmas episode with Sheldon getting a napkin signed by leonard nimoy and his reaction was priceless.

Amen! It was hilarious at the end of that one.

That might be my favorite episode, now that I think about it. Sheldon's reaction is just so insanely accurate.

The christmas episode with Sheldon getting a napkin signed by leonard nimoy and his reaction was priceless.

Amen! It was hilarious at the end of that one.

That might be my favorite episode, now that I think about it. Sheldon's reaction is just so insanely accurate.

I FORGET WHAT HE DID, WAS IT "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER" hm