• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Wow, I can't believe I stuck up for the OP last night. I have learned two things from this.

Was one of them to never start a land war in Asia?

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"!

INCONCEIVABLE!

i have bought and sold on ebay, and ive had to back out of a deal as a seller because a book got ruined, I have overpaid for every book i have ever bought,and i own over 18k of em, the only ones i didnt overpay for is the ones i got for free, that is my opinion.

i can jump on here and moan about how much i pay for new books or old books or any other books, and whoever sold em to me can look and laugh and say "i thought i undersold the book" or whatever, most collectors i know dont like payin 1 penny more than they have to for a book, so most are not happy with every purchase, and most have thought they overpaid for a book or 2.

but just because somebody who buys a book jumps on here and says they overpaid dont mean they person_without_enough_empathyin about the purchase, just person_without_enough_empathyin about the price. jeez.

callin somebody out cause they wanna express their opinion on here, thats a little lame. and then tellin the buyer that they dont haveta follow thru on the purchase, well mate, thats on you. you screwed up, so move on, suck it up, admit your mistake, and apologize and b done with it.

Can someone translate this for me?

Yes, it says

"Hi Blowie! :hi: "

..I'm pretty sure it says "I havn't taken my Ritalin today",... hm

Pretty simple, here are the facts:

1) Seller lists book on EBay.

2) Buyer asks if time payments would be available.

3) Seller replies that they would not and to bid on auction if interested.

4) Buyer bids and wins auction.

5) Buyer than starts complaining in thread about overpaying.

6) Seller, after reading complaint, sends PM allowing Buyer to back out of the deal.

7) Buyer then backs out of deal.

8) Seller then starts a thread criticizing Buyer for backing out of the deal.

9) People become upset with Buyer.

10) Buyer then posts PM back and forth with the Seller proving the invitation to back out.

11) People now become upset with Seller.

12) Seller cannot fathom how anyone would be upset with him.

13) A whole lot of ridiculousness ensues.

What's the problem? It is clearly the Seller's problem. Buyer had remorse but was going to pay. Seller offered him the opportunity to back out, and the Buyer took it. Tough titties said the kitty, but the milks still good!

Now continue to pray that Burt lifts his arm up!!

Wow, I can't believe I stuck up for the OP last night. I have learned two things from this.

Was one of them to never start a land war in Asia?

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"!

INCONCEIVABLE!

:hi:

Dan

6) Seller, after reading complaint, sends PM allowing Buyer to back out of the deal.

10) Buyer then posts PM back and forth with the Seller proving the invitation to back out.

What's the problem? It is clearly the Seller's problem. Buyer had remorse but was going to pay. Seller offered him the opportunity to back out, and the Buyer took it. Tough titties said the kitty, but the milks still good!

You're getting better.

NEXT CASE!

Now continue to pray that Burt lifts his arm up!! :sick:

I don't even read these threads anymore,I just wait for recap. (worship)

The buyer didn't have the money..he was going to ask he brother to help pay for it.

Are these two quotes sequentially accurate?

Quote:

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

Quote:

I'll let you know tomorrow. My brother might be willing to pay the difference.

You're getting better.

Not nearly enough indignation but it will have to do. The children are screwed until next time.

:whee:

*comix4fun gets credit for this video

I think you had good intentions, and the Buyer should have just bid on the book and paid, but that is not what happened.

You're only at fault for presenting the situation as one in which the Buyer is refusing to send payment. It's a bad situation, and in the future don't try to accommodate anyone, after the fact, and then call them out for accepting the accommodation.

I think you had good intentions, and the Buyer should have just bid on the book and paid, but that is not what happened.

You're only at fault for presenting the situation as one in which the Buyer is refusing to send payment. It's a bad situation, and in the future don't try to accommodate anyone, after the fact, and then call them out for accepting the accommodation.

There's too much logic in this post for what this thread has become.