• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your Keepers.......

121 posts in this topic

Well, for starters.. I doubt anyone else would want this.

But to me it is priceless.

One of the original comics I ever bought when I was a kid 30 something years ago.

I will always keep it.

(see attachment above)

Zeman

477746-Keeper.JPG.6cb2fd2f011a72166eb61e2e031fbf46.JPG

What book can you post that you will never sell.

I would sell any book in my collection for the right price, but this is probably the one book that I'll never sell nor upgrade.

captainaero26.jpg

What book can you post that you will never sell.

I would sell any book in my collection for the right price, but this is probably the one book that I'll never sell nor upgrade.

captainaero26.jpg

Been looking for a decent copy of that book (that isn't stupidly overpriced) forever. I've got the Captain Flight 11 though. Still need a Contact 12.

Been looking for a decent copy of that book (that isn't stupidly overpriced) forever. I've got the Captain Flight 11 though. Still need a Contact 12.

Hey, sometimes it takes stupid money! insane.gif

I definitely need to upgrade my CF 11, and possibly my Contact 12 - here's my copy. Great eye appeal beyond the grade on the label as it has great color and off-white pages, but those interior defects knock down the technical grade (like I care, this book's all about the cover!).

Metro still has the 7.5 CF 11 from the same Heritage Auction I got the Contact from. I believe I was the underbidder on it, and unfortunately it's been sitting, neglected and unappreciated, on their website for the nearly two years since they sniped me... frown.gif

Out of the three, I think the Captain Aero just shades it, which makes the hunt all the more irksome. Richard Muchin had a Cap Aero 26 at the Pittsburgh show, albeit in low -ish grade. Shoulda gone for it anyway, despite the price.

I don't blame you for paying OTT prices on these three books, DB. They're pretty scarce (and of course, undervalued) in FN and up. Still, I do have the highest graded Catman 32 (FWIW). Another Cole classic, and probably the only "highest CGC graded" book I have in my collection at present.

Still, I do have the highest graded Catman 32 (FWIW). Another Cole classic, and probably the only "highest CGC graded" book I have in my collection at present.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Scanny-poo? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi DB, here's the book - Catman 32 CGC VF 8.0

Can't seem to scan in jpegs from my documents or webpage images directly onto this site. Hence the link. Sure it's basic inability. Anyway, it's one of my favourite GA covers.

Just checked Metro's Catman/Captain Aero/Captain Flight listings. Not cheap. If it's all right to ask, as the underbidder on the Captain Flight CGC 7.5, what was your bid?

Who am I to turn down such a friendly invitation? I like it here, especially the fact that there seems to be a stronger interest in Golden-Age books. The interface is much easier as well, esp with posting images:

clue_02.jpg

And here are a couple more... The Headline #19 was soldto me as the Ohio Copy, though I have absolutely nothing to back this up...

headline_01.jpg

headline_19.jpg

That's enough for now. I'll give someone else a chance...

cloud9.gif476795-X-men%2094%20CGC%209.006.jpg

NICE BOOK

I'll let you know how mine grades when it comes back this week.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hi Steve, hi.gif you don't have to wait until you receive your books from CGC to find out the grades. If the books are already graded call up CGC and ask for Scott at customer service and he'll give you the grades over the phone. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hi Steve, hi.gif you don't have to wait until you receive your books from CGC to find out the grades. If the books are already graded call up CGC and ask for Scott at customer service and he'll give you the grades over the phone. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

DUDE....that is a great IDEA!!!! w00 h00!!! I will call tomorrow for sure!

I already learned the HARD WAY that you get 10% off your orders by using the online order form and not the forms that come with my CGC member kit. foreheadslap.gif I missed out on getting a discount on my first order. Ugh.

When you are submitting bundles of 20 - 25 at a time, that adds up really fast. And, CGC member or not, there is a 20% discount for going through Heritage...which doesn't make much sense to be a Collectors Society member if you are submitting a lot of books at once like I am. You are better off going through Heritage or someone else where you get a fatty 20% discount.

....but I did get my 3 free Express submissions AND I prefer to be the only persoin handling my books other than CGC.

grin.gif

Dude, When submitting through Heritage, only you handle your own books. You are only using their on line form. gossip.gif

see...I'm a dumb4ss!

What is the benefit of being a member then? Well, other than the three free submissions? I would be better off submitting my next two lots ( 50 book ) through Heritage for sure.

Odd that CGC would make it that way....don't you think? confused.gif

Banner,

Great choice on the Capt.Aero 26 - That probably ties with Catman 32 as my 2nd favorite L.B. Cole, right after Contact 12.

Here is my copy of the Capt Aero, and I did pay stupid money for it - 7 years ago! I got caught up in the mid-90s L.B. Cole mania, and while I don't regret any of my purchases, as an investment they've definetly underperformed.

478609-captaero.jpg

478609-captaero.jpg.0dc7419509ea5a9393991c6814cc3319.jpg

That's a nice copy! The "classic" Cole books (the 3 sci-fi books, Suspense 8 and 11, Startling Terror Tales 11, and Mask 1 and 2) that were undervalued in the guide in the early 90's have lost a lot of ground over the last few years (guide finally caught up but prices have actually dropped), but guide is still out of whack on a lot of his 2nd-tier horror books. I was pretty happy to buy an unrestored, slabbed VG+ Suspense 8 last year for under guide!! grin.gif

I'd like'd love to upgrade to this one:

Linky

this Seller really cracked me up here; "Silver Streak Comics #9 in a solid, unrestored & complete G/VG (OR AN E-BAY VF) 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Good grief. That got a 6.5 with a 2" tear and a 1/4" triangle piece off the corner? confused.gif That is one overgraded book.