• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your Keepers.......

121 posts in this topic

That's a nice copy! The "classic" Cole books (the 3 sci-fi books, Suspense 8 and 11, Startling Terror Tales 11, and Mask 1 and 2) that were undervalued in the guide in the early 90's have lost a lot of ground over the last few years (guide finally caught up but prices have actually dropped), but guide is still out of whack on a lot of his 2nd-tier horror books. I was pretty happy to buy an unrestored, slabbed VG+ Suspense 8 last year for under guide!! grin.gif

Any ideas as to where the Mile High copies of some of these classic Cole books are nowadays. I remember seeing some of them for what now seems like dirt cheap prices at the Diamond Opening back in the mid 90's.

A second tier Cole cover which I have always wanted is Blue Bolt #105. To me, still undervalued in the OS with a classic si-fi cover featuring a space dragon and gorgeous alien damsel in distress. Tough to find in high grade.

Anybody have a high grade copy for sale at a reasonable price or even a scan of one?

While we're talking about Blue Bolt:

bluebolt_112.jpg

Not exactly a nice copy, but I don't expect I'll be up grading this one anytime soon. I dug this copy out of the bottom of a box of 90's crud at a flea market about two years ago and bought it for $2. I keep it around to remind me to dig through those boxes of Moderns and not just walk off with my nose in the air.

That's a nice copy! The "classic" Cole books (the 3 sci-fi books, Suspense 8 and 11, Startling Terror Tales 11, and Mask 1 and 2) that were undervalued in the guide in the early 90's have lost a lot of ground over the last few years (guide finally caught up but prices have actually dropped), but guide is still out of whack on a lot of his 2nd-tier horror books. I was pretty happy to buy an unrestored, slabbed VG+ Suspense 8 last year for under guide!! grin.gif

Any ideas as to where the Mile High copies of some of these classic Cole books are nowadays. I remember seeing some of them for what now seems like dirt cheap prices at the Diamond Opening back in the mid 90's.

A second tier Cole cover which I have always wanted is Blue Bolt #105. To me, still undervalued in the OS with a classic si-fi cover featuring a space dragon and gorgeous alien damsel in distress. Tough to find in high grade.

Anybody have a high grade copy for sale at a reasonable price or even a scan of one?

bolt105.jpg

If I had that Wonderworld 7 , I'd be keeping it as well. That is a cool cover!! As to condition - It looks nice enough to me - once I have a book in at least VG, I generally loose interest in upgrades.

bolt105.jpg

DrB;

Thanks for the cover scan of what I consider to be an undervalued, under-appreciated, and classic Cole cover.

BTW....is this copy for sale?

Excellent stuff, thanks again! thumbsup2.gif