• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

I actually went into my LCS to look for this issue because of this thread, there were about 4-5 copies of this issue. All had the stress lines except one. The one that didn't have the stress lines suffered other defects so it had no shot at a 9.8. We ended up discussing this issue to talking about his tec 27 4.0MA on comic connect. He did have a hell of a collection up for auction.
My copy has only one stress line.

Both front & back cover look pretty good hm

Does it break color?

I actually went into my LCS to look for this issue because of this thread, there were about 4-5 copies of this issue. All had the stress lines except one. The one that didn't have the stress lines suffered other defects so it had no shot at a 9.8. We ended up discussing this issue to talking about his tec 27 4.0MA on comic connect. He did have a hell of a collection up for auction.

Just looked at my copy and it has two stress lines. :cry:

let me know how it turns out

Yes, I'd like to know as well. ;)

Just looked at my copy and it has two stress lines. :cry:

:(

let me know how it turns out

Yes, I'd like to know as well. ;)

Will do :)

Someone.

Post a picture of a copy that doesn't have this defect.

Thanks.

If you have "dozens in hand" then why don't you post a picture. I am sure we would all like to see what ya got..I for one have never seen any other defects other than what my 6 copies have. They are almost all identical in the defects..

Um....did you read my post, or just skim it...?

his "dozens in hands" have the same defect :baiting:

He didn't read what I wrote... ;)

I don't have "dozens in hand."

However, I did search high and low for a copy of this book when it came out...probably 15-20 different stores in the SF Bay Area...and there wasn't a single copy without it.

Very annoying.

Someone.

Post a picture of a copy that doesn't have this defect.

Thanks.

RMA. I saw one copy but didn't buy it because of different large unfixable defects. I regretted it later when I realized how difficult it was going to be to find because it might have given me some kind of clue.

I also know of one trustworthy grader who saw a similar copy. Mine was in Seattle. His was in the Northeast.

I suspect that even the copies that don't break color still have some trace of this problem in some way or another.

I would love to see a copy like #34 or #36 without even a trace of this flaw, if any exist. Did a quick check, and Nam #53 doesn't have a 9.8 either (though only a single copy has been graded.)

I'd have to look at the other 1/91 and 2/91 Marvel offset books and see what other books share this trait.

The entire print run was like this. It's also not the only book printed this way. There may be a small handful that don't have these tears, but it's not likely.

How does that even happen where the ENTIRE print run has that exact same defect of a few rips in the corner?

What was the print run for that book? I don't know a heck of a lot about printing but that just strikes me as a odd defect for the entire print run to have ???

Because, contrary to what some have said in this thread, it's not just the corner. The tears can be anywhere along the entire spine. Marvel was playing with their cover stock at that time (1991), and this is the result. A lot of Nam #52s have the same problem, though not to that degree.

People have been searching for a copy of this book for years without the flaw. As someone who bought them straight off the stand, with dozens of copies in my hand, I can tell you that every copy I have ever seen had it.

Something just didn't mesh correctly at Quebecor that week/month.

I read it just as you wrote it..I am not a mind reader, if you meant something else then you should have written something else.

With all the tire kicking going on in this thread, a copy will surface sooner than later.

yep. just like GI JOE 21 and ASM 301, now they're everywhere.

And those two polybagged UXM in the late 290s.

With all the tire kicking going on in this thread, a copy will surface sooner than later.

I have to disagree here.

The UXM books had pressable defects.

GI Joe 21 did not have an issue with defects in the print run.

ASM 301 is pretty much the same as GI Joe 21.

This is a book manufactured with enough damage that none so far have gotten the 9.8 designation. Thats pretty rare for a book from this time period.

I have to disagree here.

This is a book manufactured with enough damage that none so far have gotten the 9.8 designation. Thats pretty rare for a book from this time period.

:censored:

I have to disagree here.

Trust me, I have reason to find a nice copy. I have a friend that needs one. What is funny, is I had dozens of copies at one time and never took the time to even care about the book. It's wasn't on my radar then.

I have to disagree here.

Trust me, I have reason to find a nice copy. I have a friend that needs one. What is funny, is I had dozens of copies at one time and never took the time to even care about the book. It's wasn't on my radar then.

Well,it is now :insane:

I have to disagree here.

Worldsbestcomics needs one as well.