• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

With all the tire kicking going on in this thread, a copy will surface sooner than later.

yep. just like GI JOE 21 and ASM 301, now they're everywhere.

And those two polybagged UXM in the late 290s.

I have to disagree here.

The UXM books had pressable defects.

GI Joe 21 did not have an issue with defects in the print run.

ASM 301 is pretty much the same as GI Joe 21.

This is a book manufactured with enough damage that none so far have gotten the 9.8 designation. Thats pretty rare for a book from this time period.

:censored:

Trust me, I have reason to find a nice copy. I have a friend that needs one. What is funny, is I had dozens of copies at one time and never took the time to even care about the book. It's wasn't on my radar then.

Worldsbestcomics needs one as well.

I have 2 friends then.

With all the tire kicking going on in this thread, a copy will surface sooner than later.

I have to disagree here.

This is a book manufactured with enough damage that none so far have gotten the 9.8 designation. Thats pretty rare for a book from this time period.

Trust me, I have reason to find a nice copy. I have a friend that needs one. What is funny, is I had dozens of copies at one time and never took the time to even care about the book. It's wasn't on my radar then.

I have 2 friends then.

Really? Who? :popcorn:

I have to disagree here.

I have 2 friends then.

Really? Who? :popcorn:

You don't know them :baiting:

I have to disagree here.

Yes, those didn't have the same issues as #35.

It may be possible that CGC may someday recognize the flaw, and not count off for it, but that's doubtful (and probably wouldn't be accepted.)

I have to disagree here.

It may be possible that CGC may someday recognize the flaw, and not count off for it, but that's doubtful (and probably wouldn't be accepted.)

Imagine the quick influx of #35's to be submitted hoping to be the first one and flipped.

:idea:

I have to disagree here.

Imagine the quick influx of #35's to be submitted hoping to be the first one and flipped.

:idea:

Speak for yourself,I'm keeping mine if it's a CGC 9.8 :)

Over Under the end of 2011 we will have a Wolverine 35 in 9.8. I want answers :sumo:

No chance.

Yes it will be tough but lets get at it people!!! Ive already bought up 20 copies here in Chicago and I have maybe one thats a 9.6 and thats a big maybe but I wont give up hope! (thumbs u

The entire print run was like this. It's also not the only book printed this way. There may be a small handful that don't have these tears, but it's not likely.

How does that even happen where the ENTIRE print run has that exact same defect of a few rips in the corner?

What was the print run for that book? I don't know a heck of a lot about printing but that just strikes me as a odd defect for the entire print run to have ???

There have been issues found without the printing defect, but their condition prevented 9.8 grading for other reasons.

If there are scattered copies out there without the defect, this book will show up in a 9.8 holder sooner than you think.

If there are scattered copies out there without the defect, this book will show up in a 9.8 holder sooner than you think.

Especially after all this discussion about how tough it is to track one down, you know there is a strong chance for this to happen soon.

Remember three years ago when boardies were saying we would never see more than a few GI Joe 21's in 9.8 when that book was going for $2,000-$2,500? Peasofcrap sold his for $,2000 or more when he was just the third one in the census, and there was talk of spine stress from production at that time.

The market has spoken again, though Wolverine 35 will most probably be much, much lower with any 9.8 examples.

117640.jpg.384eb05c3b6dd63d98ae6dfc99a1d796.jpg