• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's War Comic Time!!!

37 posts in this topic

Thanks Snake Eyes!

Here's another!

AAMOW #106. 4.0 $3.0

aaaamow106.jpg

I'll take this one Shep!

I can't find the icon?

Sgt. Rock #422. Final issue, and tougher to find in nice grade than you might think. I would grade this a solid 9.0/9.2 with bone white pages… but have to drop it to an 8.0 because of a small brownish stain on the front cover (might have been something that happened on press… not sure). Either way, it might be easily removable, though I haven’t tried. Still, a sweet copy. $6.00

aasr422.jpg

I'll take this one Too Shep!

And finally, something really special. If you ever say this on the back of a war comic, you probably wanted one...

2635092.jpg

Well, now's your chance. This is a rare Tank Trap game from the Helen of Toy company. You sometimes see pieces from this game, but it's pretty rare to see a complete set with the map, instructions and the shipping box. Well, that's what we have here. $75.

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Star Spangled War 36 5.5 (maybe nicer) Clean flat copy, minor wear. AMAZING Grandenetti cover, and a sweet Heath art job on the insides. Small letter ‘M’ on back cover in pencil. Tough book! $25

AASSWS26.jpg

:takeit:

Plus - OFF 81 5.5 8.0

- OFF 125 7.0 5.00

- AAMOW 102 7.0 10.00

Thanks Shep!!

Chris Pedrin’s Guide to the Big Five. This is becoming a remarkably difficult book to find, and it is indispensible to the serious war comic collector. This is a very pretty copy, with a light impact at the upper spine, a small corner bend on the upper right front cover, and a ½” circular crease on the lower left corner of back cover. But this one is otherwise pretty fresh - to my knowledge it has not been opened. A copy recently sold on these boards for $150, and there is currently a copy on ebay for $199. There are currently no copies on either Amazon or Alibris. Owing to the small flaws, I’d grade this a 9.0 and am pricing accordingly at $125. SOLD!!

aapbf.jpg

aapb.jpg

:takeit: per PM. Thanks Shep! (thumbs u

Is that helen of Troy game still available???

This thread is nearly 3 years old. Assume that nothing is available.

The game you're talking about was taken earlier in the thread.