• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Predator collecting thread.. any interest?

247 posts in this topic

Wow, a thread for my favorite movie of all time! I have watched the original move at least 200 times in my life, which is kinda depressing, but it's just one of those movies you can pick up from any point and enjoy. I also loved the original Dark Horse mini-series.

I would rank the movies as follows:

Predator - 10/10 - I wouldn't change a thing

Predators - 7.5/10 - Such a great surprise. I thought the franchise was dead and then a good sequel appears out of nowhere. It's not 'Aliens' good, obviously, but had a fun cast, anchored by a completely out of character Adrien Brody and lots of awesome azz kicking Predator action. The Yakuza/Pred samurai fight was the highlight for me.

Predator 2 - 4/10 - A huge disapointment for the 12 year old me. I was so amped when this came out and it took me years to admit it sucked.

AVPR - 2/10 - Yes, it was horrible, but at least it was self-aware in its stupidity and had a bit of fun with it.

AVP - 0/10 - Putrid. You get the rights to two of the best movie monsters of all time and a budget of $60mm and the best you can come up with is a watered down, formulaic, PG-13 POS? Paul WS Anderson is right up there with Uwe Boll.

Paul WS Anderson actually makes money on his movies than Uwe Boll.

Checkmate :insane:

Wow, a thread for my favorite movie of all time! I have watched the original move at least 200 times in my life, which is kinda depressing, but it's just one of those movies you can pick up from any point and enjoy. I also loved the original Dark Horse mini-series.

Predators - 7.5/10 - Such a great surprise. I thought the franchise was dead and then a good sequel appears out of nowhere. It's not 'Aliens' good, obviously, but had a fun cast, anchored by a completely out of character Adrien Brody and lots of awesome azz kicking Predator action. The Yakuza/Pred samurai fight was the highlight for me.

Predator 2 - 4/10 - A huge disapointment for the 12 year old me. I was so amped when this came out and it took me years to admit it sucked.

AVPR - 2/10 - Yes, it was horrible, but at least it was self-aware in its stupidity and had a bit of fun with it.

AVP - 0/10 - Putrid. You get the rights to two of the best movie monsters of all time and a budget of $60mm and the best you can come up with is a watered down, formulaic, PG-13 POS? Paul WS Anderson is right up there with Uwe Boll.

Yeah, I personally loved Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia and that made no money. rantrant

Yeah, I personally loved Paul Thomas Anderson's Magnolia and that made no money. rantrant
Wrong Paul Anderson :gossip:

Woah! All this time I thought AVP:R was a directorial misstep. :facepalm:

Woah! All this time I thought AVP:R was a directorial misstep. :facepalm:
lol

:foryou:

I really didn't think AVP was that bad. I hated the way "Scar" looked un-masked but otherwise I wasn't too disappointed with it.

Are you referring to how he had human eyes? If you are (and, I suppose, if you aren't), then I hated that as well.

I'm referring to everything about it. The eyes, the mandibles, the jaw, the coloring, the movement. I thought it was all bad.

I really didn't think AVP was that bad. I hated the way "Scar" looked un-masked but otherwise I wasn't too disappointed with it.

Are you referring to how he had human eyes? If you are (and, I suppose, if you aren't), then I hated that as well.

I'm referring to everything about it. The eyes, the mandibles, the jaw, the coloring, the movement. I thought it was all bad.

Yea. And it all looked so plastic-y. But those eyes. Those eyes.... I was fuming.