New to OA Collecting, Advice, tips?
13 13

1,122 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2022 at 6:40 PM, JC25427N said:

Yeah, BU has these A4 L-Sleeve Mylars, but I was hoping to get something a bit bigger to use for both A4 and actual 9x12 pieces. Plus I'm not sure how I feel about the L-Sleeve mylars, never tried them before. Aside from that, they also have magazine size mylars (about 10 x 13) that should work fine, but they have the flap, so I'd have to cut the flaps in that case too anyway. Was hoping someone who mylar'd their own smaller art knew of a retailer that had something that would be perfect. 

I have some leftover A4 L-sleeves - and have used them for a variety of things. The art can definitely slide out easy, but they are nice if you want something that looks clean and easy to handle.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:26 AM, JC25427N said:

Hey Guys,

I managed to secure my first double page spread, it'll probably be a good while before I get it framed (a lot of things in the queue ahead of it, quite behind on getting stuff framed lol, every time I'm about to go ahead and get some stuff framed I find more art I'd rather spend the money on)

So wanted to ask how people like to store their double page art when keeping them in portfolios. Do you keep the pages together and fold them to fit in one portfolio slot, or do you split them and put each page next to each other in separate portfolio slots?

I've done both. It just depends. If you split them, you want to make sure the art isn't harmed. Usually they are just held together with masking tape. And, I'd recommend putting split pages into the very middle of the portfolio so they lay flat roughly on the same plane. In other cases I decided to keep the page folded up and placed it -- one half showing -- in a single portfolio page. It just preference.