• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today on Comic Zone with Jae Lee & John Romita Sr.

8 posts in this topic

Announcing Spider-Man’s John Romita on Comic Zone Radio!

Tune in to the Internet's most popular online comic book radio show, hosted by Metropolis Collectibles’ very own Vincent Zurzolo.

Live Monday, May 10th, 3:00 PM, EST (audio archives posted after the show)

Listen to Comic Zone Radio at http://www.metropoliscomics.com/comicShow.html

Monday’s Guests include:

JOHN ROMITA SENIOR, Marvel Comics Legend

JAE LEE, Hellshock

NICK BARRUCCI, Dynamic Forces President

ARMY OF DARKNESS comic book creative team

John Romita Sr. will join Vincent to talk about the influence of his art on Spider-Man II. Dynamic Forces founder Nick Barrucci, along with the team from the all-new The Army of Darkness comic will discuss the upcoming launch of the comic featuring characters from the Sam Raimi (Spider-man I & II) films Evil Dead I & II and T.A.O.D.

If you would like to ask any of our guests a question call 888-514-2100 (USA) and 011-858-268-3068 (outside the USA).

To listen go to:

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/comicShow.html

In the last four months over 2,500 fans have logged on each week to listen to the Comic Zone. They have listened to almost 20 hours of FREE comic interviews including the following:

Neal Adams

Murphy Anderson

Terry Austin

Mark Bagley

Steve Borock

Randy Bowen

Mike Carbonaro

David Carradine

Howard Chaykin

Sandy Collora

Peter David

Jack Davis

Al Feldstein

Danny Fingeroth

Larry Hama

Irwin Hasen

John Jackson Miller

Jack Kamen

Joe Kubert

Erik Larsen

Todd McFarlane

Mike Mignola

James O’Barr

George Pantela

Brian Pulido

David Schnelby

Arlen Schumer

Danny Simmons

John Snyder

Jim Starlin

David Schnelby

Jim Steranko

Jerry Weist

Jeff Vaughn

Listen to the archives for FREE at:

http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archives.asp?sid=68

Awesome show today Vincent! What a treat to be able to talk to JR SR about what it was like to work on Amazing Spider-Man back in the early days. Like you said, if someone told me 20 years ago that I'd be on the phone chatting with John Romita Sr. about his early work on Spider-Man, I'd have said you were crazy. Thanks for having him on your show!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

For those of you who haven't listened to the Comic Zone show yet -- I have listened to the last three episodes and they are great. I usually just tune in right around noon my time and take a break to organize my desk as I'm listening. There are some super interviews and if there is a creator who you've always wanted to ask "that one question," it is super easy to call in and ask. I called in today to talk to JR SR, and they picked right up. It was the coolest thing to be able to ask him about his early collaboration with Stan on Amazing Spidey, and I got a kick listening to Vincent and his buddy get excited about the fact that "two kids from Rockaway are sitting here talking on the phone with John Romita Sr." I highly recommend it for those who have access to a computer with soundcard during the radio show.

893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif