• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Famous Monsters of Filmland
1 1

214 posts in this topic

Those are in great shape Hepcat-- That #33 is such a great cover. Just love it. Thanks for sharing... Makes me wanna dig up mine and start up grading.

When I completed my run I was able to get pretty much 9.2 and up for everything past about issue 30 but below that it's touch and go. Mostly in the 6.0-7.5 range. With a few gems like a #4 and a #6 that I scored in at least 9.0/9.2. Pretty stoked about those.

If anyone else has any more... Please share.

Good Day collectors, whilst not a collector myself, I have found something of a time capsule buried away in a trunk Ive had since I was a kid.

I have just discovered a huge stack of Famous Monster Mags ( 53 in total ). Ranging in No.s 109 thru to 183. They have been in plastic sleeves for many many years, and the condition of pretty much all of them is VV good. Sorry, im not up with the mag grading terms.

You guys are the first "experts" ive contacted reguarding the worth of these mags. Any thoughts....

Bye the way, I'm in Australia

Thanks, Ian

how rare is a issue 4 with the ghouls eye sticker in fine or better?

Rarity in descending order:

FM 6 with MT GRAVES STICKER (only about 5 known legitimate copies exist)

FM 4 with GHOUL'S EYE STICKER (only distributed in Philadelphia. VERY rare in ANY condition!)

FM 4 regular issue.

FM 3

However, the HOLY GRAIL is FM 7 with the LUCKY 7

stamp on one of the interior pages. 100-200 copies were stamped with a lucky 7 on one of the pages. The reader would cut out the page and mail it back to FM for a free lifetime subscription to the magazine. No copies have ever been found, probably because of the requirement to send in the page.

Interestingly, FM 1 has the largest printing of all Warren FMs and is quite common, yet people pay big money for that issue.

Edited by Batko

There we are.Found it.

Batko provided this.Thank you Batko !

http://www.nostomania.com/servlets/com.nostomania.HomeServlet

Then click on "MAGAZINES," and then on "PRICING." Click on "F" or write in "Famous Monsters of Filmland." It's self-explanatory.

Click on the above link and join NOSTOMANIA for free. With the free membership you will be able to get to the FM price list which has prices for all issues of FM in every grade (both CGC graded/slabbed and ungraded/non-slabbed mags).

Great link Ben, :hi: how you doing bud.

:applause:

Doing just great.Thanks.

In 2 days i'll be getting my newly bought complete-full-and-entire-from-number-1-to-the-last-Cinefex collection.

So obviously,

:banana:

Should be good for a thread filled with pics by next week.

Edited by montrealfilmguy

Great link Ben, :hi: how you doing bud.

:applause:

Doing just great.Thanks.

In 2 days i'll be getting my newly bought complete-full-and-entire-from-number-1-to-the-last-Cinefex collection.

So obviously,

:banana:

Should be good for a thread filled with pics by next week.

Look forward to it.

I just received FM #19 that I won in an eBay auction last week. The photos I took are too "big" to post here, but you can see them by clicking on the following link:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fans_of_Famous_Monsters_of_Filmland/message/364

This issue is seen frequently for sale, but the condition is usually crummy. I am very pleased with the #19 that I won. I'd give it a 8.5/VF+ (nice gloss, lays flat-no spine roll, off-white pages, no browning or foxing inside or out, tight pages, overall nice collector's copy).

Mike

Mike, I've REALLY got to quit paying attention to your threads/posts because whenever I do, I get inspired & wind up spending way too much money! lol

Seriously, a couple of months ago you wound up re-igniting my passion for old boxing magazines & now, I'm getting quite tempted to get back to adding some new additions to my too long neglected FM collection.

Sad to say, but it's actually been over two years since I last added to it. So, I'm long overdue.

Peace,

Jim

Mike, I've REALLY got to quit paying attention to your threads/posts because whenever I do, I get inspired & wind up spending way too much money! lol

Seriously, a couple of months ago you wound up re-igniting my passion for old boxing magazines & now, I'm getting quite tempted to get back to adding some new additions to my too long neglected FM collection.

Sad to say, but it's actually been over two years since I last added to it. So, I'm long overdue.

Peace,

Jim

Collecting can become a sickness! Especially, FM mags. lol I started out to collect just the FM mags that I had as a kid before mom deep sixed the collection. Well, it's gone beyond that now and I see no end in sight!!! ARRRGH!

Mike