• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed - Remains off to Ebay

15 posts in this topic

It has been a while since I did one of these, but I'd like to scrape up some extra loot for the holidays/to offset the pay reduction I just received at work.

I'm going to list some stuff here.

I hope that some of you buy it.

Shipping is a flat $5 for priority in the U.S.A. for unlimited items unless otherwise specified. Outside the U.S. will be cost, but over $50 I need to send by some method that gives me tracking, so I may need to insure, which could cause you customs costs. Orders of $60 or more get free priority in the U.S.

Paypal, cash, money order, gold bullion...all o.k.

Feel free to P.M. me, but full-price "I'll take it" posted on the board get priority over any offers.

Added: Take another 15% off the prices on anything that's still left. Given how many dealers are doing end of the year blowouts here, my thread is going to get lost, might as well bring these over to ebay sooner than later if I can't generate the requisite interest here.

Here we go.....

Sale pending.... Crackajack Funnies #1, CGC 5.0, White Pages. June 1938. How often are comics from 1938 certified with white pages?? The same month Action Comics #1 came out. You can get this for about 1/millionth the price.

2010 Guide on this is $515. This is sort of an historic book...with white pages...plus it's in a slab! Not to mention, the advertisement on the back is definitely something from another era. Insured priority mail shipping in the U.S.A. is included in my asking price of $490:

krack1front.jpg

krack1back.jpg

Up next we have Green Mask #1 from 1940. Apparent 4.0, C/OW with slight professional resto: piece added, tear seals, spine splits, reinforced. I don't know who did the resto. Lou Fine cover. 2010 Guide on this in VG (unrestored) is $674.

Not sure how to value this. Metropolis has an unslabbed poor copy that looks to have been eaten by wolves and is held together with tape for $155. There is no way my copy ever looked like that pre-resto. And then they have an unslabbed "3.0" copy held together with tape for $504. It is possible my copy looked like that pre-resto.

Anyway, I ain't Metropolis, so I would like $365 for this (which includes insured priority mail shipping in the U.S.A.).

green1front.jpg

green1back.jpg

Next up we have Four Color Comics 535, 7.0 with C/OW. First I Love Lucy comic. If you grew up in the 70's like I did watching Lucy re-runs (or grew up in the 50's or 60's watching them live) this is a nifty piece of nostalgia.

This is $242 in 2010 OPG in this condition. Metropolis has a raw copy they grade at 7.0 up for $225. Someone on ebay has a slabbed 6.5 up for $325. I would like $215 for my slabbed copy, which includes insured priority mail shipping in the U.S.A.

lucyfront.jpg

lucyback.jpg

More to come.

Here are some more, cheaper, slabs:

SOLDStrange Adventures 164. 7.0, OW/W. Great robot cover. Really a very nice 7.0, probably not graded an 8.5 or 9.0 because of a dust shadow on the back I can't quite get my scanner to pick up. $30.50 in 2010 OPG. I would like $22 as the $5 I am charging for shipping isn't likely going to cover the cost of P.M. in the U.S.A.

sa164.jpg

SOLD

Strange Adventures 162. 7.0, OW. Also very nice, mainly the bottom corner creas eknocking it down. Great Aurora monster ad on the back. $30.50 in 2010 OPG. I'd like $21 for this.

sa162.jpg

Buy both the Strange Adventures as a package deal for $40 total + $5 S/H.

SOLD

Marvel Spotlight 10. Early Ghost Rider. 8.5, OW. $53.50 in 2010 OPG. (Criminey, remember when nice raw copies of these GR spotlights were getting 100-200% OPG??). Anyway, I'd like $33 for this.

spotlight10.jpg

SOLD

DC Special 11. Neil Adams cover. 8.0, OW. $34 in 2010 OPG. I would like $24.

despecial11.jpg

tons more after these

DC Special 11. Neil Adams cover. 8.0, OW. $34 in 2010 OPG. I would like $24.

and

Marvel Spotlight 10. Early Ghost Rider. 8.5, OW. $53.50 in 2010 OPG. (Criminey, remember when nice raw copies of these GR spotlights were getting 100-200% OPG??). Anyway, I'd like $33 for this.

:takeit:

Now on to some raw books...

First up we have an Amazing Spiderman Annual #1. Features oodles of Ditko art, the first Sinister Six and an early X-Men appearance. This issue was well loved before I acquired it in 1977, has its share of creases, wear, etc. and some of the square bound spine off the bottom corner and a little piece of vintage scotch tape on the interior cover. I call it a 2.5 (Good +), some might call it a G/VG, some might call it a G. Overstreet 2010 has this at $107.50 in Good+. I would like $70, so less than the $86 G price.

asmannual1front.jpg

asmannual1back.jpg

Next up we have Amazing Adventures 3, one of those nifty pre-hero Marvels (a few months before FF 1), except it features the illustrious "Dr. Droom" in his third appearance and he is listed as Marvel's first superhero by OPG. They later changed him to Dr. Druid in the 70's as the original Dr. Droom was depicted in a bit of a racist way. Kirby and Ditko art. A true classic...alience, monsters, cavemen, dinosaurs, satanic dolls...this one has it all.

This is a well-loved copy and I'm figuring it is about a 3.0 (G/VG). OPG lists this at $60 in that condition. I would like $45 for this...but as a special treat I will include free shipping in the USA.

aa3front.jpg

aa3back.jpg

Now, back to the Golden Age with a Boy Commandos 19. All sorts of Simon and Kirby goodness here. This looks pretty nice from the frint, about a Fine/Fine+, buck as you can see there is a chunklet out of the back. Oh well. OPG lists this at $48 in 3.0 (G/VG). I would like $35, the same $35 my old LCS had priced it at back in about 1998.

boy19front.jpg

boy19back.jpg

Back to the Silver Age with everyone's favorite, Fantastic Four 48...first Silver Surfer, first Galactus...criminey, why didn't I see this copy when FF II came out! Anyway, it is a nice looking copy, about a Fine in appearance, but when you get closer you see thre is a rip starting from just above Sue Storm's head and going diagonally to the center of the book. Luckily, someone was kind enough to seal the rip for us, so the cover isn't flopping around. Anyway, I'm not of the opinion that fixing this problem should make the book worth less than with the rip as it is not as if a chunk of the comic was trimmed off, but what would it grade out to with that big phat rip in there? 2.5 (G+) in 2010 OPG is $70. I would like $60, which includes shipping. Heck, I sold a coverless copy for $50 at the height of the FF II craze.

ff48front.jpg

ff48back.jpg

And now we have a really nice copy of Captain America 103. I feel safe calling it an 8.5 (VF+), although I guess it could be a 9.0. In 8.5 OPG lists this at $59. I would like $45 and that will include free shipping in the U.S.A.

ca103front.jpg

ca103back.jpg

And now we have a nice affordable copy of Daredevil 5. Wally Wood art. It is in the VG- to G/VG range, so I'll call it a 3.0 (G/VG). 2010 OPG lists this at $39. This feels really cheap, but I'd like $29 for this.

dd5front.jpg

dd5back.jpg

more to come

Next up we have Amazing Adventures 3, one of those nifty pre-hero Marvels (a few months before FF 1), except it features the illustrious "Dr. Droom" in his third appearance and he is listed as Marvel's first superhero by OPG. They later changed him to Dr. Druid in the 70's as the original Dr. Droom was depicted in a bit of a racist way. Kirby and Ditko art. A true classic...alience, monsters, cavemen, dinosaurs, satanic dolls...this one has it all.

This is a well-loved copy and I'm figuring it is about a 3.0 (G/VG). OPG lists this at $60 in that condition. I would like $45 for this...but as a special treat I will include free shipping in the USA

:takeit:

And now some DCs....

A gorgeous copy of JLA 27. I was ready to send it to CGC shooting for a 9.4, but then I noticed the bottom staple pull. So, I grade it as a 6.0/Fine. 2010 OPG Fine is $51. I would like $36 for this.

jla27.jpg

jla27back.jpg

Here's a nice copy of JLA 37. 1st SA App. of Mr. Terrific! I grade it a 6.5/Fine+. 2010 OPG has this at $52.50. I would like $34.

jla37.jpg

jla37back.jpg

Here's a nice one...JLA 43. 1st Royal Flush Gang. I grade it as a 7.5/VF-. 2010 OPG is $51.50. I would like $37 as this is a bit of a semi-key.

jla43.jpg

jla43back.jpg

Nice 80 page Giant -- JLA 39 with a nice solid spine. I grade it a 5.5/Fine-. 2010 OPG has it at $35.75. I would like $25.

jla39.jpg

jla39back.jpg

JLA 41. Intro and Origin of "The Key". I grade it as a Fine. 2010 OPG has it at $33. I would like $22.

jla41.jpg

jla41back.jpg

Take another 10% off anything left in this thread (the same 10% mentioned in the first part, not two 10%s). Around midnight/1 a.m. I'll probably move it over to ebay if there isn't action here.

If you want to make a PM offer on any one or more of the slabs, go ahead.