• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week for RMA

363 posts in this topic

Did all this happen in the "Bwahaha you must be kidding.." thread?

(shrug)

What makes you think I would know? :shrug:

Dagnabbit I DID mix you up with comix4fun. Maybe I should go BACK on the sake!

HEY! comix4fun!!!!!!!!! Go back and read my posts to park that are lawyery and extract those pieces intended for you. I'll be danged if I go through that effort!

I thank you. :hi:

lol

I didn't see this before I responded.

Once again, if I'm your lawyer, you are in a bad way. Comix4fun, you are in a good way.

Most members have threatened to use info about my family to turn me into a quivering puddle of pain.

He's a standup guy, please keep defending him.

So is that why he was given a strike? He got 3 threads locked after that thread, and the thread went on for 200 more posts after that.

Why didn't Arch use "Threats" like he did with Transplant if that's the case?

Arch said trolling, which leads me to believe it was all the different threads and fights going on simultaneously getting thread after thread locked.

I didn't see what he said to you the first time around actually, or maybe I saw him say something about shredding you without moderation being in place and you laughing it off.

There's no way anyone on this board should be talking about using personal information against anyone else. That's just wrong.

Was this about the time you two were fighting across that thread for hours, weren't you? Back and forth and back and forth? Am I imagining that? It was about the same time several people were trying to shift the thread to joking around and diffuse the hotness.

As I said it's never ok to talk about personal lives or families, part of this sounds like two guys throwing punches in the ring and one guy went below the belt.

I called RMA out immediately for saying what he did and that's that. I never said he got a strike for what he did, he earned that strike all on his own.

If RMA decides to tell me that talking about my family, which is the only personal info I share, can turn me into a puddle of pain, that's a problem.

I'm still baffled that you continue to defend him. (shrug)

I am baffled that you think I am defending his actions in saying what he said, while at the same time refusing to acknowledge that the two of you fought back and forth for quite a while in that thread with him making a statement that sounded threatening that you laughed off and the two of you continued to bait each other until he crossed the line.

The amount of things you guys said to each other was uncalled for and really childish from both of you, then RMA crossed a line. You can't acknowledge that enough to realize that I am not defending him to make mention of the fact that you weren't sitting there reading scripture when he sucker punched you.

From my recollection, posts were being exchanged that were getting into it. RMA made the implied threat. Mikenyc called him out on it and then said he was going to leave for a while. [b] I don't remember any laughing off of the situation from Mikenyc mainly because I don't think that happened.

[/b]

Regardless of a heated debate...it is not acceptable to do what RMA did. Lots of us post pictures of our family, comics, rooms, etc. Just posting that and having it cross ones mind that they could cause someone pain because of that is frankly kind of sick.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5267391

This is part of the exchange, and this is why it seemed like he was laughing it off.

As to the sections in bold above: 1) No

So you're denying that you originally made a statement in which you spontaneously stated that the path of manhood was the path you deemed correct. OK.

2) I can see why you and RMA clashed..misrepresenting statements is the express train to tussle-town.

Exactly how did I misrepresent you? You did indeed take two different tacks in two different messages. In one message, you agreed RMA's behavior was questionable. In another message, you characterized RMA as merely disagreeing with people who likewise disagreed with him, which is a statement of pure equivalence. Which part of that is a misrepresentation?

Finally.....I love love love love...LOVE when people post stuff like this:

There's nothing like watching someone prove their own point at the cost of their own point.

Agreed, it is momentarily but not substantially contrary to what I said. Remember, I was responding to your appeal to authority, in which you essentially said, "I'm superior, I have such-and-such degree, and because of this higher experience and authority, therefore my viewpoint is more valid than yours." That was the argument you were making. So on that basis, I do feel that "Whoop-de-doo" was justified, since what else can you say to somebody who is pulling the equivalent of an Andy Kaufman wrestling taunt?

Did all this happen in the "Bwahaha you must be kidding.." thread?

(shrug)

What makes you think I would know? :shrug:

(shrug)

I guess you were just the last person to post before I. Then I left the message sit while I did something else, so that explains that. lol

troll :sumo:

5 minutes ago:

There are respectful and constructive ways to argue, and there are disrespectful and nonconstructive ways. In the real world, the former enhances the interaction between people, and the latter degrades it.

2 minutes later:

Whoop-de-doo, I have a doctorate in Who Gives a .

There's nothing like watching someone prove their own point at the cost of their own point.

Seriously Chris, you're just going to frustrate yourself with this guy.

You said again when that is the first time I responded to you. You said lawyer-tude to me when I am pretty sure you meant Comix4fun. That is what I meant by mixing posters.

Good for you on the sake. Of course I noticed your tenacity for debating. You want the attention. lol:kidaround:

I don't think this is worthy of a full on debate. One or two replies max before it ceases to be worth the effort. :banana:

Sorry, I couldn't find a way to cram titch in there.

First you DID manage to cram "titch" in there. Perhaps a titch weak in implementation but it is there. (thumbs u

I do NOT want the attention. I simply post here to help my brethren see the light and know they are in a community of loving and caring folk like ME! :acclaim:

(damn you I want some sake now!)

Of course you think his analogy makes sense, you created the "man in the park getting yelled at, let's save him." analogy.

The "let's save him part" is a distortion. I didn't say people had to save anybody, I said it is unrealistic to expect them all to turn facing the other direction and put their fingers in their ears.

Most members have threatened to use info about my family to turn me into a quivering puddle of pain.

So is that why he was given a strike? He got 3 threads locked after that thread, and the thread went on for 200 more posts after that.

Arch said trolling, which leads me to believe it was all the different threads and fights going on simultaneously getting thread after thread locked.

I didn't see what he said to you the first time around actually, or maybe I saw him say something about shredding you without moderation being in place and you laughing it off.

There's no way anyone on this board should be talking about using personal information against anyone else. That's just wrong.

Was this about the time you two were fighting across that thread for hours, weren't you? Back and forth and back and forth? Am I imagining that? It was about the same time several people were trying to shift the thread to joking around and diffuse the hotness.

As I said it's never ok to talk about personal lives or families, part of this sounds like two guys throwing punches in the ring and one guy went below the belt.

I called RMA out immediately for saying what he did and that's that. I never said he got a strike for what he did, he earned that strike all on his own.

If RMA decides to tell me that talking about my family, which is the only personal info I share, can turn me into a puddle of pain, that's a problem.

I am baffled that you think I am defending his actions in saying what he said, while at the same time refusing to acknowledge that the two of you fought back and forth for quite a while in that thread with him making a statement that sounded threatening that you laughed off and the two of you continued to bait each other until he crossed the line.

The amount of things you guys said to each other was uncalled for and really childish from both of you, then RMA crossed a line. You can't acknowledge that enough to realize that I am not defending him to make mention of the fact that you weren't sitting there reading scripture when he sucker punched you.

From my recollection, posts were being exchanged that were getting into it. RMA made the implied threat. Mikenyc called him out on it and then said he was going to leave for a while. [b] I don't remember any laughing off of the situation from Mikenyc mainly because I don't think that happened.

[/b]

Regardless of a heated debate...it is not acceptable to do what RMA did. Lots of us post pictures of our family, comics, rooms, etc. Just posting that and having it cross ones mind that they could cause someone pain because of that is frankly kind of sick.

This is part of the exchange, and this is why it seemed like he was laughing it off.

I did not read this exchange the first time it was made. Reading further, it seems the actual threat is further down...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5267409#Post5267409

Neither is appropriate, but the second is far more egregious.

You said again when that is the first time I responded to you. You said lawyer-tude to me when I am pretty sure you meant Comix4fun. That is what I meant by mixing posters.

Good for you on the sake. Of course I noticed your tenacity for debating. You want the attention. lol:kidaround:

I don't think this is worthy of a full on debate. One or two replies max before it ceases to be worth the effort. :banana:

Sorry, I couldn't find a way to cram titch in there.

First you DID manage to cram "titch" in there. Perhaps a titch weak in implementation but it is there. (thumbs u

I do NOT want the attention. I simply post here to help my brethren see the light and know they are in a community of loving and caring folk like ME! :acclaim:

(damn you I want some sake now!)

Preach on!!!

Titchetty titch titch. :whee:

[/b]

This post right after the threat doesn't seem like laughing it off to me

From Mikenyc

You're bordering dangerously close to a threat RMA. I'm trying hard RMA. I know what you want RMA. You should stop now RMA.

As to the sections in bold above: 1) No

So you're denying that you originally made a statement in which you spontaneously stated that the path of "manhood" was the path you deemed correct. OK.

2) I can see why you and RMA clashed..misrepresenting statements is the express train to tussle-town.

Exactly how did I misrepresent you? You did indeed take two different tacks in two different messages. In one message, you agreed RMA's behavior was questionable. In another message, you characterized RMA as merely disagreeing with people who likewise disagreed with him, which is a statement of pure equivalence. Which part of that is a misrepresentation?

Agreed, it is momentarily but not substantially contrary to what I said. Remember, I was responding to your appeal to authority, in which you essentially said, "I'm superior, I have such-and-such degree, and because of this higher experience and authority, therefore my viewpoint is more valid than yours." That was the argument you were making. So on that basis, I do feel that "Whoop-de-doo" was justified, since what else can you say to somebody who is pulling the equivalent of an Andy Kaufman wrestling taunt?

No, what I am saying is you misstating what I clearly said is not an equivalent to accurate and certainly not the truth.

The way RMA disagrees with someone may not be how I would do it, or how most people would do it, but I don't subscribe to the thought that everyone has to think the way I do...unlike some people. So his actions may be questionable but it's still just a disagreement between 2 people. Mods police these interactions, that's why they are here. You aren't a mod, stop trying to police people's thoughts and behavior as if you were one.

And finally, I never said I was superior. That's you, again, misrepresenting what I said, twisting it to your own goals.

YOU said I was not your definition of a man, that I ignore and turn a blind eye to wrong things. I clearly, and in simple terms gave you specific examples from my life and my past to demonstrate that it's possible that in your 20 months here you may not have solved the mysteries of the universe that the rest of us neanderthals missed along the way. Take that all-seeing eye of yours and do something positive with it...figure out tomorrow's lotto numbers.

Some people would look toward someone who's been on the boards a very long time and experienced exactly how this place works and try to glean something from that. Other people not so much.

The choice is yours. Although I am sure you'll figure out a way to switch this around. Have a good night.

5 minutes ago:

There are respectful and constructive ways to argue, and there are disrespectful and nonconstructive ways. In the real world, the former enhances the interaction between people, and the latter degrades it.

2 minutes later:

Whoop-de-doo, I have a doctorate in Who Gives a .

Seriously Chris, you're just going to frustrate yourself with this guy.

You are right Chuck.

I am now taking my the advice I gave others that have a problem with RMA.

I won't have to try and teach reading comprehension at least.

Titchetty titch titch. :whee:

:luhv:

Sojd i wennt toi the snojtore and bought some sake and dranknds it all in a huge gulpo and feele soosjin fine now.

OK - actually my oven timer went off and I just pulled a beautiful whole wheat/raisin/walnut banana bread out of the oven. Here is a shot of it along with a titch of one of my musical instruments. I am keeping the exif info in the image so you can check the date time and see it was shot with a Canon 3ti (aka 600d).

118654.jpg.5333f0d6cef3846ba5fc595763f81927.jpg

The way RMA disagrees with someone may not be how I would do it, or how most people would do it, but I don't subscribe to the thought that everyone has to think the way I do.

Nor do I, and that is certainly not the claim I am making.

Mods police these interactions, that's why they are here. You aren't a mod, stop trying to police people's thoughts and behavior as if you were one.

Speaking up if I think somebody's behavior has crossed the line into mistreatment of others is NOT the same thing as "trying to police people's thoughts." Do you really believe that nobody should voice their opinions and instead should always quietly wait for the mods to swoop in?

And finally, I never said I was superior.

Quoting you: "What I have, is perspective, experience, and actual knowledge. You have replaced those with conjecture, supposition and assumption about motivations and perceived dangers."

YOU said I was not your definition of a man...

Again, the whole "manhood" thing began with you. I don't want to have to go back 20 pages to extract the originating post, but I will if I have to.

Some people would look toward someone who's been on the boards a very long time and experienced exactly how this place works and try to glean something from that.

Perhaps at a later date we can have a spirited debate about whether the old-timers on here necessarily have more clout than the relative newcomers.