• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week for RMA

363 posts in this topic

First of all, all of you :baiting:.

Second of all, RMA will be reading this and :roflmao:

He will then spend the next week micro analyzing every thread, and then we will have to read his 500 post rebuttal and the boards will :ohnoez::censored: : :pullhair::fear:

So stop all the :blahblah:

And either zzz or :popcorn:

And remember :troll:

(thumbs u

Why do you think we are doing it.

Well... You do realize that you could've had all that "peace and harmony" by simply having him (or anyone else that is upsetting you in any way) on ignore, don't you? I don't get it...

Let's say you're in a crowded public park and you see a man walk up to another man, get in his face, and start berating him for no reason. Everybody around just watches it and does nothing, and it goes on and on, ruining the enjoyment of the park for a large number of the bystanders. According to your argument, the people witnessing this are totally wrong to object to what's occurring, and their only valid recourse is to take earplugs to the park and turn their heads away. And according to you, all the responsibility falls on those people and none of the responsibility falls on the person causing the scenario to begin with.

These are two men, right? Not a man and a child, or a man and a smaller child, or a man and a disabled smaller child? lol

Were you staking out said miniature child with binoculars and a parabolic microphone in order to know that what was happening was "for no reason"? Because I think that might be illegal. :eek:

Or did someone shine the Bat-Signal in the sky? :grin:

I've got children, I don't need to swoop into the rescue of other adults because their grammar, or spelling, or bullet point position is being questioned and debated. I think an adult, who entered into the conversation voluntarily and has the ability to walk away, put their opponent on ignore, or otherwise grow a pair will probably survive the encounter. I am not laughing at you, but that analogy of the park is giving me the giggles.

no, you just complain about it to me in PM :ohnoez:

Well... You do realize that you could've had all that "peace and harmony" by simply having him (or anyone else that is upsetting you in any way) on ignore, don't you? I don't get it...

Let's say you're in a crowded public park and you see a man walk up to another man, get in his face, and start berating him for no reason. Everybody around just watches it and does nothing, and it goes on and on, ruining the enjoyment of the park for a large number of the bystanders. According to your argument, the people witnessing this are totally wrong to object to what's occurring, and their only valid recourse is to take earplugs to the park and turn their heads away. And according to you, all the responsibility falls on those people and none of the responsibility falls on the person causing the scenario to begin with.

These are two men, right? Not a man and a child, or a man and a smaller child, or a man and a disabled smaller child? lol

Were you staking out said miniature child with binoculars and a parabolic microphone in order to know that what was happening was "for no reason"? Because I think that might be illegal. :eek:

I've got children, I don't need to swoop into the rescue of other adults because their grammar, or spelling, or bullet point position is being questioned and debated. I think an adult, who entered into the conversation voluntarily and has the ability to walk away, put their opponent on ignore, or otherwise grow a pair will probably survive the encounter. I am not laughing at you, but that analogy of the park is giving me the giggles.

lol...yes I do.

I do want to apologize to the forum for not refocusing ths discussion on specific details and letting Doohickey misdirect my comments without properly correcting them.

There are some important points:

1) I was never referring to "manhood" I was referring to "mature adults" who can and should be able to deal with their own verbal confrontations. Because in the end, they are words. Adults should be able to handle words. Someone who really believes they can handle someone else's confrontation or they are more equipped to do that than the person having the argument is, without that person asking for help, incredible haughty.

2) I should have more clearly identified that there are two kinds of action you can take when you see something wrong happening to someone:

A) ILLUSORY: Make blanket statements about what you would do in a mythical park with mythical combatants, having a mythical argument.

AND

B) ACTUAL: Step in an actually do something, like when we lost Nik, or when ComicDonna lost his house, or most recently BigHulkFan was broken into and lost so much right before Christmas. There have been many more and this forum and its members have actually stepped up, in an actual tragedy free from the hypothetical.

So many of us have seen real tragedies here, happening to real people. So many of us have actually stepped up and helped people and families who are at their lowest point.

Those situations show the forum at it's best. What it's really capable of, and many of the people in this thread have been there, on the front lines, actually doing the right thing. That's my experience, most of you have had the same experience. Given what we've seen and done most of us don't need a morality test on what we'd do if we saw someone in REAL trouble...we've seen it for real and passed that test.

People who have been here for a while, actually taken the time to get to know me, and have been through any of these trying times for other boardies know exactly where my heart is.

What's this thread about?
About wives conplaints about toilet seat being left up, along with side conversation on bi-lateral countermatter equilibrium and it's effects on the human body (on and off plane gravitational continuity, of course!!)

What's this thread about?
About wives conplaints about toilet seat being left up, along with side conversation on bi-lateral countermatter equilibrium and it's effects on the human body (on and off plane gravitational continuity, of course!!)

Regular day-to-day stuff then.

This is depressing, he's one of the few guys here who doesn't have me on "ignore"
lol

Thingy out,RMA out,and Boozad is MIA :ohnoez:

NO Boozad started his own site....seriously..I remember going through it

I started that site about three years ago, it's certainly not why I haven't been posting on here, I don't think that much of myself. I haven't had time to fart lately, life has been a real bellend to me the past three months or so, that's why I haven't been around.

This is depressing, he's one of the few guys here who doesn't have me on "ignore"
lol

Thingy out,RMA out,and Boozad is MIA :ohnoez:

NO Boozad started his own site....seriously..I remember going through it

I started that site about three years ago, it's certainly not why I haven't been posting on here, I don't think that much of myself. I haven't had time to fart lately, life has been a real bellend to me the past three months or so, that's why I haven't been around.

Thanks for the appearance, Gav! :hi:

lol...yes I do.

I do want to apologize to the forum for not refocusing ths discussion on specific details and letting Doohickey misdirect my comments without properly correcting them.

There are some important points:

1) I was never referring to "manhood" I was referring to "mature adults" who can and should be able to deal with their own verbal confrontations. Because in the end, they are words. Adults should be able to handle words. Someone who really believes they can handle someone else's confrontation or they are more equipped to do that than the person having the argument is, without that person asking for help, incredible haughty.

2) I should have more clearly identified that there are two kinds of action you can take when you see something wrong happening to someone:

A) ILLUSORY: Make blanket statements about what you would do in a mythical park with mythical combatants, having a mythical argument.

AND

B) ACTUAL: Step in an actually do something, like when we lost Nik, or when ComicDonna lost his house, or most recently BigHulkFan was broken into and lost so much right before Christmas. There have been many more and this forum and its members have actually stepped up, in an actual tragedy free from the hypothetical.

So many of us have seen real tragedies here, happening to real people. So many of us have actually stepped up and helped people and families who are at their lowest point.

Those situations show the forum at it's best. What it's really capable of, and many of the people in this thread have been there, on the front lines, actually doing the right thing. That's my experience, most of you have had the same experience. Given what we've seen and done most of us don't need a morality test on what we'd do if we saw someone in REAL trouble...we've seen it for real and passed that test.

People who have been here for a while, actually taken the time to get to know me, and have been through any of these trying times for other boardies know exactly where my heart is.

I always respect your posts. They contain a good balance between snarky and funny, yet the substance is usually there. I'm surprised though that you, as a seasoned member, can't see the bigger picture with RMA. There is a reason that for years there have been these same situations with a never ending cast of different members always fighting with the same member.

I'm not innocent by any stretch of the imagination. I say mean things or attempt to goad RMA. I get annoyed when I see him fighting or being rude to another member and I find it difficult to not interject. I repeat that I am equally obnoxious with him.

However, and a huge however, we are all grown men and woman who can handle themselves but to imply the threat that the personal info that I have shared on these boards can be used to "shred" or "turn me into a quivering puddle of pain" is unacceptable. I don't Facebook or Twitter or Tumble or talk on parrot chat boards or rocking chair chat boards, this is my first exposure to an Internet community.

I talk about my daughter or my soon to be born son, and maybe I shouldn't. I share this information because it brings me immense pleasure and I enjoy hearing about others families. To have someone then spit that back in my face and attempt to make me feel foolish for it is foreign to me. I can take abuse more than most and it rolls off my back. I gave friends and family as many strikes as they need, but it doesn't work that way with my children. RMA is someone who spends much of their time on chat boards and has no wife or children and cannot grasp how sensitive you are as a father and husband.

I don't believe that RMA got his strike for what he said to me, nor would I care if he did. He did show his true colors as nothing more than a bully, who will go to whatever level is necessary to, I'm not really sure what, to win, to further the fight, or whatever the end is.

A few years ago, I was a smoker. I went from smoking a few a day to about a pack a day. Then for a while I went a bit crazy, smoking all the time (always outside so my books were never exposed to my bad habit - nothing worse than a book that smells like cigarette smoke).

I smoked and smoked and smoked until one night as I was on the last of several in a row, I reached some kind of nicotine saturation point, nearly got physically sick and couldn't even look at a cigarette without feeling nauseous. It was a little bizarre since I had smoked for years and nothing like that had happened before. I experienced no withdrawal symptoms and haven't smoked since. Now I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, can't imagine paying $6.00 a pack (or whatever they are now) and have no desire to partake in the slightest.

As of this thread, I believe that I have now reached the 'RMA Situation' saturation point.

A few years ago, I was a smoker. I went from smoking a few a day to about a pack a day. Then for a crazy bit I went crazy, smoking all the time (always outside so my books were never exposed to my bad habit - nothing worse than a book that smells like cigarette smoke).

I smoked and smoked and smoked until one night as I was on the last of several in a row, I reached some kind of nicotine saturation point, nearly got physically sick and couldn't even look at a cigarette without feeling nauseous. It was a little bizarre since I had smoked for years and nothing like that had happened before. I experienced no withdrawal symptoms and haven't smoked since. Now I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, can't imagine paying $6.00 a pack (or whatever they are now) and have no desire to partake in the slightest.

As of this thread, I believe that I have now reached the 'RMA Situation' saturation point.

Cigarettes are about $10 a pack in NY.