• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week for RMA

363 posts in this topic

A few years ago, I was a smoker. I went from smoking a few a day to about a pack a day. Then for a crazy bit I went crazy, smoking all the time (always outside so my books were never exposed to my bad habit - nothing worse than a book that smells like cigarette smoke).

I smoked and smoked and smoked until one night as I was on the last of several in a row, I reached some kind of nicotine saturation point, nearly got physically sick and couldn't even look at a cigarette without feeling nauseous. It was a little bizarre since I had smoked for years and nothing like that had happened before. I experienced no withdrawal symptoms and haven't smoked since. Now I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, can't imagine paying $6.00 a pack (or whatever they are now) and have no desire to partake in the slightest.

As of this thread, I believe that I have now reached the 'RMA Situation' saturation point.

Cigarettes are about $10 a pack in NY.

For real? Holy shnikes! :eek:

A few years ago, I was a smoker. I went from smoking a few a day to about a pack a day. Then for a while I went a bit crazy, smoking all the time (always outside so my books were never exposed to my bad habit - nothing worse than a book that smells like cigarette smoke).

I smoked and smoked and smoked until one night as I was on the last of several in a row, I reached some kind of nicotine saturation point, nearly got physically sick and couldn't even look at a cigarette without feeling nauseous. It was a little bizarre since I had smoked for years and nothing like that had happened before. I experienced no withdrawal symptoms and haven't smoked since. Now I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, can't imagine paying $6.00 a pack (or whatever they are now) and have no desire to partake in the slightest.

As of this thread, I believe that I have now reached the 'RMA Situation' saturation point.

I absolutely agree. I have said my peace and will not say anymore.

In NYC a pack of cigarettes are, wait for it, $12 a pack.

A few years ago, I was a smoker. I went from smoking a few a day to about a pack a day. Then for a while I went a bit crazy, smoking all the time (always outside so my books were never exposed to my bad habit - nothing worse than a book that smells like cigarette smoke).

Jeepers...that's like a nice mid-grade EC Horror comic a week!

Wow. That's crazy.

13572.gif:hi:

Christian :hi:

I need to change that avatar, I didn't realise I'd been away for three months. It's a fleeting visit but hopefully that'll change in a couple of weeks.

Wow. That's crazy.

About $4,400 a year if you're at a pack a day.

Has RMA grown a shill yet ??

Well, someone called 'whoa' showed up last night calling everyone hypocrites, but all of his posts and the corresponding replies were scrubbed from the thread when the Men in Black came by. It was a bit too obvious, so may not have been him though.

Wow. That's crazy.

About $4,400 a year if you're at a pack a day.

Mark me down for 2 packs a day. hm One could buy a pretty nice comic with that kind of money.

Well, someone called 'whoa' showed up last night calling everyone hypocrites, but all of his posts and the corresponding replies were scrubbed from the thread when the Men in Black came by. It was a bit too obvious, so may not have been him though.

This was Stu. No doubt about it..

That was Stu.

Mark me down for 2 packs a day. hm One could buy a pretty nice comic with that kind of money.

I get $15 cartons from the local Indian Reservation.

Damn!!!

I thought I was doing well with the $45/carton I spend (even better when Camel runs their $1 off/pack and can get a carton for $35).

I need to make a trip up north. My wife goes to VT on business quite often. Their about $60 a carton. She's in Florida now, looking after her mom. I guess she found some for $40 per carton there.

This was Stu. No doubt about it..

I can never keep all the shills straight. Someone should write a manual.

Damn!!!

I thought I was doing well with the $45/carton I spend (even better when Camel runs their $1 off/pack and can get a carton for $35).

That's a good deal for mainstream smokes. I am smoking off-brand menthols (Lewistons).