• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah and His Everything Journal

1,085 posts in this topic

Jumbo 126

And here is my favorite CGC note of all time. On issue 126 of a title that has featured Sheena on the cover all but maybe five times since issue 9, CGC now decides, for the very first time, to note that this is a Sheena Cover and Story.

How very perceptive of them. And it only took 117 issues from here first cover appearance for them to notice.

Jumbo126.jpg

Jumbo 126

And here is my favorite CGC note of all time. On issue 126 of a title that has featured Sheena on the cover all but maybe five times since issue 9, CGC now decides, for the very first time, to note that this is a Sheena Cover and Story.

How very perceptive of them. And it only took 117 issues from here first cover appearance for them to notice.

:roflmao:

This is unusual because of the white background. I took a look through the Jungle and Jumbo runs on GCD and found only 3 issues (all Jumbos) in either run with an extensive white background.

I think it works well with this particular cover because of the use of the leopard. The spots on the leopard and Sheena's bathing suit are in marked contrast to the white space.

Jumbo 123

Jumbo123.jpg

Yes, the white covers really stand out. When you add in Rangers, Planet, Wings and Fight, you really see how uncommon they were. These are the other two.

Jumbo128.jpg

Jumbo149.jpg

Jumbo 4 is the other one I was thinking of linky . I was on the fence with the 128 as the white area was smaller than the others but, even including it, doesn't raise the population much. I love the 149 cover!