• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comicon!

88 posts in this topic

Is anybody staying in Baltimore for the Diamond retailers summit? Has anyone one attended the summit before, any good?

I'm thinking of making a roadtrip down there provided the house mother gives me her approval.

CRC

Who cares if its any good. DC is giving out the Superman 204 RRP.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anybody staying in Baltimore for the Diamond retailers summit? Has anyone one attended the summit before, any good?

I'm thinking of making a roadtrip down there provided the house mother gives me her approval.

CRC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who cares if its any good. DC is giving out the Superman 204 RRP.

That along with the Identity Crisis #1 RRP has me seriously considering three days of road-tripping.

Oh, and all the informative workshops...cough

CRC

September 11-12 in Baltimore. Best damn comic show in the United States!

It will be one of the best if CGC does on-site grading and as of today, it's looking pretty good 893applaud-thumb.gif

More news next week.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Has there been any follow up on the above comment? Will CGC be grading onsite at Baltimore?

Hey Arnold!

Hey all!

I understand that there is a forum dinner in the works for Baltimore.

Had a great time at the San Diego dinner.

Keep me posted...I live 20 min. from the show, and I will actually be there at my own publisher booth pushing my own books, TIMESPELL, ZOOMIES and the dvd-docuseries I've been filming on the industry.

Love to come out and see you guys again.

Rich

Bill Willingham and Don Rosa Come to Baltimore Comic-Con

The 5th Annual Baltimore Comic-Con would like to announce the additions of

Bill Willingham and Don Rosa to our guest list!

Critically acclaimed, Eisner Award-winning writer of one of the first mature

super hero titles (Comico's The Elementals), as well as the maxiseries

Pantheon (LoneStar Press), Bill Willingham has turned his attention to the

realm of fantasy with, Fables (Vertigo) and a certain Dark Knight's partner,

Robin (DC). A writer who can always be counted on to pull the rug out from

under readers with surprise twists and unexpected turns is a proud addition

to Baltimore Comic-Con Family!

Don Rosa is one of the best artists currently working on Disney comic's

stories. Having started working for Gladstone in 1987, he relived in the US

the character of $crooge Mc Duck, writing and drawing him in brand new

stories and adventures. His most famous work to date is without a doubt the

huge saga The Life and Times of $crooge Mc Duck.

Bill and Don help top off an extensive guest list that includes:

Comic Legend, John Romita Sr.

Thanks to A.C.T.O.R.

Howard Chaykin

Jim Starlin

Matt Wagner

Tom Raney

Buzz

Michael Bair

Todd Dezago

Bo Hampton

Doug Wagner

Rob Hunter

Dave DeVreis

Dexter Vines

Georges Jeaty

Andy Runton

Jose Villarubia

Josh Blaylock

Alex Saviuk

Andy Smith

Jim Calafiore

Mark McKenna

Jimmy Palmiotti

Amanda Conner

Ron Marz

Adam Hughes

Greg Horn

Brian Stelfreeze

Dean Haspiel

Walter and Louise Simonson

Mike Grell

Dan Parsons

Paul Gulacy

Joe Linsner

Billy Tucci

Mark Wheatley

Frank Brunner

Steve Rude

Mark Waid

Kurt Busiek

Mike Kaluta

Howard Porter

Ron Garney

Mike Wieringo

Greg Rucka

Frank Cho

Scott Kurtz

Mike Oeming

J.G.Jones

Brandon Peterson

Robert Kirkman

John K Snyder III

Jimmy Gownley

Neil Vokes

Josh Middleton

Scott Kolins

Jeff Parker

Steve Lieber

Steve Conley

John Gallagher

Rich Faber

Karl Story

Cully Hamner

Pop Mhan

Marc Hempel

Harry Roland

AND MANY, MANY MORE!!!

SHOW HOURS

Just a reminder for everyone: This year's show hours are:

Saturday: 10am to 6pm

Sunday: 10am to 5pm

when i first started reading donut's posts saying that Baltimore was the best comics show (i'll say on the East coast, but I don't remember what he said exactly) I wasn't sure if it was true.

I went last year, and as the guest list above demonstrates, it's absolutely true. I would certainly make every effort to attend this con. I can't wait.

The guest list and panels in Baltimore are fantastic. One panel today, "that 70s panel", brought together Kaluta, Starlin, Chaykin, Brunner, Gulacy, Simonson and Grell (!!!).

Another winning aspect: on-site grading was less harsh than it was in Philly.

I'm broke, tired, and happy after day 1...

The guest list and panels in Baltimore are fantastic. One panel today, "that 70s panel", brought together Kaluta, Starlin, Chaykin, Brunner, Gulacy, Simonson and Grell (!!!).

Another winning aspect: on-site grading was less harsh than it was in Philly.

I'm broke, tired, and happy after day 1...

Sounds like our November show last year. We had one panel with Kaluta, Starlin and Marshall Rogers and a second one with Gulacy, Chaykin and Steve Rude. All of those guys (except for Marshall) are in Baltimore this weekend.

Kaluta and Chaykin are great storytellers.

I wish I was there.

Kev

I must have missed you? Just got home from the CGC dinner and am beat...looking over the boards, fixing pics (will post soon! thumbsup2.gif ), and checking out my buys. My books will be done tomorrow and will be back to pick them up and go thru boxes smile.gif The Baltimore Con is always a good time!

Here's a thirty second update as I have about 100 pictures from the con. I will try and get the best 10 or so up here.

Friday - came down to Bruce's where he showed me his sweet [!@#%^&^] comic office and some killer books. Also helped me get some sweet updgrades on my existing Batman books and hooked me up with a killer Batman mask! Thanks Bruce! Foolkiller showed up around 4 and we headed down to Baltimore where we met up with Chrisco and his buddy for dinner and later on the Rocketeer for a drink before we all went to sleep.

Saturday - up and at 'em early with ACTOR Booth starting at 9:00am. It was pretty cool - John Romita was the featured guest and the line up for Senior was amazing. So many people came up to him and thanked him for the impact on their life and had their pictures with him. It was great. He threw out some neat comic knowledge and was very personable. It definitely kept me busy though - I have never worked the booth when there were so many people trying to meet someone. I did get to meet Howard Porter whose work on JLA just rocked and talked to him about his time at CSFB and got a killer Batman sketch - thank you Howard! That was basically the main event for me at the show - meet porter and get a cool sketch. He did a great job and really made my con. I also talked to Buzz and Bair a bit and had a good time just running into a few other forumites.

Saturday night was the forum dinner which was at this seafood place, A great time had by all. I enjoyed meeting Solar who I had never met before as well as some of the new cgc guys. I also met William from Demolition comics which was neat. He is a cool guy even though he said that I talk to much sorry.gif

Sunday came and went too soon. A few last minute things at the con before heading off to lunch in Baltimore and then heading home. Just finished up dinner with FK who was nice enough to drive me to NY and now it's off to bed as I have to go to work tomorrow. I will try and throw some pics in tonight and tomorrow with some captions.

great to see / meet everyone,

DAM

Okay, here are a few pics - I will try and post more detailed commentary later on.bruceoffice.jpg

Our very own Bronze Bruce 13 has a sweet [!@#%^&^] set up. Super organized and a true professional. All my books for this con came from Bruce who helped me with some bronze (duh) and copper upgrades to the Batman run. And here I only think that BronzeBruce has marvels!bkbbdontdrop.jpg

Brian, how many times do I have to tell you don't drop the damn books!romitabestpic.jpg

Here's the best pic I had or Romita. You can see John (in the green shirt and the beard) with his wife Virginia, the Nathans (Marc was the show promoter/organizer) in the black and then Kevin B from ACTOR in the back. Very cool. Romita was a lot like Santa Claus to 35-45 year old men at this show. A really great guy - it was very cool to have this experience. Here's to you John!geppioverstreetgordon.jpg

Who are these guys?bairbuzz.jpg

Mike Bair and Buzz - Buzz is still my favorite. He had a new sketch book for this show which had some of my Batman pieces (not the JLA piece but who cares) with one of the centerfolds having one of my Batman and Robin pieces and right across was Foolkiller's Batman and Robin! That was pretty neat.cho.jpg

I heard Frank on the ComicZone but didn't realize that he is a super celebrity. Here he is with his black cat. He drew some barbarian babe that hit $2K. To put it in perspective Romita did the following:Spiderman (x2): $500, $625Mary Jane - $525Daredevil - $450Black Cat - $700Frank Cho Barbarian Babe - $2KFD explained to me that FC is a god down in Maryland and also NEVER does female sketches. hm . . . porterbatman.jpg

the biggest pic but I wanted people to see Howard with the kick [!@#%^&^] sketch he did for me. Thank you so much Howard!greenlantern.jpg

The DAM60 Best Costume of the Show Awardhoarder.jpg

I literally remember the day Logan was born . . . hoarderfamily.jpg

the happy familythedonuts.jpg

"the Donuts"forum1.jpg

I am only posting the best 4 forum dinner pics. I took a lot of "real life" pics but now wish I had everybody just pose for a picture or two because many of them didn't come out! sorry.gifAs I edit this I can't see tell who is who (all the jpgs are just forum#) but will try to re-edit this with the names. . . forum2.jpg

forum3.jpg

forum4.jpg

finale.jpg

Me, Bruce, and Brian - time to go home. The Harbor was very nice . . . Great show!DAM