• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants

180 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any one knows exactly what the Fatal Attractions Cross Over Story Arc X-Men #25 Black & White + Gold Edition Variants are or where they came from. I know they have to be a Retailer Incentive Variant because both books don't have a Cover Price on them.

I've heard a lot of different stories about them. I've heard that they're RRP Variants and I've heard they were later printings etc. etc..

I've seen copies of the Black & White Semi Sketches in Shops and at Cons. I've seen atleast 12 of them in person ever sense it's been released. I've never seen the Gold Variant available for sale at a Shop or at a Con. So I wonder wich one is harder to find or has the lower print run.

I know the Golds have a higher book value than the Black & White Semi Sketches do. But every time I see them for sale online the Semi Sketches seem to sell for more than the Golds.

Can someone who knows, please tell me what they are and where they came from? Also if anyone knows, what was the Print Run for these Variants? Any info would be appreciated!!

I got my X-Men 25 B&W off the rack at my LCS, when it came out. It has been awhile, but, I think I paid the same as the regular edition. Screw up on the LCS part? Maybe, but, that is where I got mine.

That's how I got both of my B&Ws too. I got one for same price as the regular and I paid $5 for another one. But I've never seen the Gold Edition available for sale at a shop. I didn't find out about the Gold until a couple years after the book was released. I've been able to pick up couple Golds from board member Benjamin Grimm.

Does anyone know anything about these 2 books? Where they ratio Variants? Which one has the lower print run? Why does the Gold have a higher price guide value?

But more on topic, WDMARVELCOMICS and I have discussed the issue of these variants more than once. I've done several Google searches for information on these variants, but have come up empty handed every time.

I bought a B&W variant from American Entertainment back in 1993, i think I paid $7. I had the original receipt, but I forgot to take it out of the bag when I sent my copy to CGC. They didn't send it back with the slab. lol

I only found out about the Gold Editions within the last two years or so. I get them on eBay from one seller. When I finally asked him about the origin of the Gold Edition, he also said that they were dealer incentives. But he didn't go into detail about the ratio or how dealers got them.

...I wish I still had the B&W copy. :mad:

I listed it on eBay and it went unsold the first time, so I relisted it one time, deciding that it'd go back into my permanent collection if it didn't sell. But it sold for $100, on the last day, I think. doh!

I have another raw B&W, but it's not a high grade copy... Probably going to have joeypost press it.

I'm currently bidding on the B&W variant on ComicLink.............I suggest you stay away from it or else :sumo:

I bid on it just because you said stay away lol

jk

I'm currently bidding on the B&W variant on ComicLink.............I suggest you stay away from it or else :sumo:
Mee too...

Now. :devil:

lol

Ok,who outbid me on the B&W X-Men book? :sumo:

lol

Don't worry I won't be bidding I already have a couple B&W Variants, I don't need anymore of them.

:o

Any of them in NM-MT? :wishluck:

Neither one of the two I have is in NM/MT condition, the best one of the 2 is VF(8.0).

lol

Don't worry I won't be bidding I already have a couple B&W Variants, I don't need anymore of them.

Neither one of the two I have is in NM/MT condition, the best one of the 2 is VF(8.0).

:cry:

lol

The owner of the LCS Joe Hill goes to tried to sell me a raw 8.0 or worse for $25 a few years back. I turned my nose up to it and he got so pissed. lol

lol

The owner of the LCS Joe Hill goes to tried to sell me a raw 8.0 or worse for $25 a few years back. I turned my nose up to it and he got so pissed. lol
lol