• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Comic Expo - I'm taking Signature Series Submissions

67 posts in this topic

Ok, the masses have spoken, so I am OFFICIALLY accepting Signature Series submissions for the upcoming Image Expo in Oakland, CA for February 24-26, 2012. Here are the basic details:

1) Moderns will be $35 per book, plus the new $5 service charge per order. PM me for quotes on any other tier.

2) I am asking that you prep your own books with a window bag. If you're wondering how to do that, this thread on preparing your books will help you out. Also, you should write your name on the back (either on a sticker, or on the backing board), along with a list of the creators you want to sign that book. Books received without a window bag will incur a $5 prep fee per book.

3) Please, NO requests for Todd McFarlane SS. I will not accept, I will not "try" and I am not taking any requests for any non-CGC SS items to be signed by him.

4) Brian K. Vaughn signatures - Due to the expected demand I will have, here is my policy: I am happy to accept as many books as you want for Brian K. Vaughn, and I am currently reaching out to set up a deal where everyone's books get signed. HOWEVER, until any deal is reached, I am placing a ZERO GUARANTEE that any books will be signed by him. You are sending books AT YOUR OWN RISK and they may be shipped back to you unsigned. If things change, I will let everyone know. (I will still attempt to get everything signed, regardless, but I'm not showing up with 100 books where everyone's assuming it's a done deal.)

5) Deadline for receiving books: Saturday, February 18th. NO EXCEPTIONS! Books that show up the week of the show won't get taken or signed unless arrangements are made with me in advance. (My address is at the bottom of this post)

6. There may be additional creator signing fees (e.g. $20 for any New Mutants #87 or #98, or Deadpool #1, signed by Rob Liefeld) and I will let you know once you submit your books to me.

Here's the guest list so far. Let me know any questions you may have!

Robert Kirkman

Erik Larsen

Rob Liefeld

Todd McFarlane

Whilce Portacio

Marc Silvestri

Jim Valentino

Blair Butler

Joe Casey

Jay Faerber

Rob Guillory

Jonathan Hickman

John Layman

Larry Marder

Ryan Ottley

Nick Spencer

Fiona Staples

Richard Starkings

Brian K Vaughan

Matt Wagner

Karl Altstaetter

EBAS Eric Basaldua

Brian Buccellato

Keu Cha

Daniel Corey

Brian Denham

Joshua Hale Fialkov

Bryan Glass

Jon Goff

Al Gordon

Sina Grace

Edwin Huang

Tyler Jenkins

Joe Keatinge

D.J. Kirkbride

Richard Koslowski

Vincent Kukua

Chris Marrinan

Jim McCann

Chris Moreno

Marat Mycheals

Jimmie Robinson

Nei Ruffino

Brandon Seifert

Eric Shanower

Mel Smith

Christina Strain

Steven Struble

Andy Suriano

Kurtis Weibe

Chris Wood Art

Jim Zubkavich

Books can be mailed to:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

Tracking number is preferred, and especially if you're sending books close to the due date, PM or e-mail me the tracking number so I have it.

Oh, and one final thing: Any books sent to me without paperwork, instructions, or any sorts of heads up will be routed to Rich Henn's 3 year old for proper handling. After I let my cat take a nice nap on it first. :)

This is awesome, Joel. What is the policy with cracking Yellow labels? Have a Y and a couple Ex Machinas begging for BKV.

I believe I am able to crack Yellow Labels, but I'll double check. For BKV, I would only crack them if I knew they were going to get signed. If I didn't think I could get them signed, they'd be sent back to you in the slab.

To answer the other questions from this thread:

1. I am not planning on taking sketch requests at the show but I can pick up sketches if you can work something out with the artist in advance. You can always PM and ask me and we can try to work something out.

2. If BKV releases a Saga Preview at the show, I would get it signed by BkV and Fiona Staples and get it graded if I can get a small quantity and they are high quality enough. (9.6 or better) I would probably give priority first to those people getting BKV sigs and then open it up to the general community.

Watch this spot or the initial post above for more info.

This is awesome, Joel. What is the policy with cracking Yellow labels? Have a Y and a couple Ex Machinas begging for BKV.

I believe I am able to crack Yellow Labels, but I'll double check. For BKV, I would only crack them if I knew they were going to get signed. If I didn't think I could get them signed, they'd be sent back to you in the slab.

That would be just fine. I will PM in a couple of days. Thx,

--S.

Joel,

A lot of "if's" in this questions, but...

IF BVK is signing books, and IF there is some kind of Saga Exclusive to be had at this show, can we make some sort of arrangement to get said exclusive signed by BKV and/or Fiona Staples and slabbed?

I am able to crack yellow labels for this show and certain limited sketch requests will be considered. Check out some of the new additions like Ed Brubaker! You know you want a Fatale #1 signed and slabbed! :)

As a bonus I will pick one of my submitters at random and give them a FREE J Scott Campbell Sleeping Beauty So Cal Comic Con limited print with Free shipping. ($25+ value) If the winning submitter sent in 3+ books, that print will be signed by J Scott Campbell!

The deadline is coming up but if you need a few more days let me know.

Joel,

A little confused... In #3 you state "NO requests for Todd McFarlane SS", then you list TM in the guest list. Are there any other artists that you aren't accepting SS submissions for? Why not TM?