• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAKING SUBS FOR THE LONDON COMIC BOOK CONVENTION FEB. 25-26

38 posts in this topic

Well, I've always wanted to see a different part of London other then the inside of the Heathrow airport------

Fellow signature series board members----

I am happy to announce that I am accepting submissions for the London Supercon Comic book convention coming up February 25 and 26th.

Spots will be limited on a first come first serve basis, and I will be accepting submissions for UK guests only.

Please do not ask for spots for anyone that is not on the London Convention guest list.

I would like to focus on just the UK creators that do not attend the US shows or attend often.

Also, please be aware that some of the creators at this show require a donation for their signature, and pricing for these guests can vary. Please PM me for inquiries with your requested artist.

I would suggest the following creators to focus on for signatures:

BRIAN BOLLAND

MIKE CAREY

IAN CHURCHILL

GLEN FABRY

SIMON FURMAN

JOHN McCREA

SEAN PHILLIPS

I would rather not take subs for artists that do American shows all year round like Perez, Jimenez, Mike Norton, Bernie Wrightson, etc.

Please PM me for further details on pricing and specific signature requests.

All books need to be in hand with payment in full (check or money order ONLY) by Feb. 20th.

I would like to suggest PREP YOUR OWN BOOKS!!!

This eliminates a few things----you've selected where you want the signature placement, not me. And you're going to learn a valuable lesson in prepping books by making sure that you've secured them yourself and avoid any potential damage.

1) Use Silver Age bags. I like 7 1/4 x 10 1/2.

2) Use FULL BACKS. If you don't know what they are, look it up.

If you don't have a dealer that sells Full Backs, then use THREE standard

boards to support your comics.

***(ONE THIN BACKING BOARD IS NOT ENOUGH TO GIVE SUPPORT TO YouR COMIC BOOK).

Can't stress this enough. Ever see what happens in a long white box at a show or your LCS when all the comics from the back spill forward to the front?

Spine stress and bent books.

3) Create your own window that is no less then 2" wide x 5" across.

You DO NOT need to expose the entire face of the comic book to create a

window bag. I know a lot of people do this but you really don't need to do this.

The artist/writer signing the book doesn't need all that area.

It leaves it open to exposure, damage, his greasy hand from the sandwich he just ate, a wedding ring pressure from his finger as he presses down---it's a powder keg. 2"x5" is really all you need. I promise he doesn't sign his name on checks and documents in big bold swipes with a pen, and he shouldn't have to do it on a comic either UNLESS this is what you want :shurg:

Also, by controlling the signature area, you eliminate the possibility of him signing with a black pen in a black area. You'd be surprised how many creators do this. Or deface an image like a head shot. Quesada and Ennis are infamous for signing with big letters across the heads of the characters on the comic.

SO---to recap....PLEASE PREP YOUR OWN BOOKS FOR THIS EVENT! You're only doing yourself a huge favor by making sure your comics are well protected.

I get comics mailed to me for signings in an envelope with one thin board.

If the were shipped 9.8 they certainly didn't arrive that way.

There will be no books going to London from Feb. 20th forward.

There is no flexibility here.

I also ask please do not send me slabs to crack.

Please do not ask for sketch requests.

And, please do not (again) ask for someone that is not on this guest list---

http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com/guests/

One last thing I would like to ENCOURAGE-----

---if you have your own CGC account, please by all means, put your books on your own account. I don't care if you have a dealer account or a Collectors Society account.

It makes everything that much more manageable so you can track your own invoices online, etc.

Plus, I don't have to worry about billing or shipping costs.

Just LMK when you PM me---and have all your invoice paperwork filled out when you send me your books.

What about Stan lee

I would like to focus on just the UK creators that do not attend the US shows or attend often.

This signing op is for UK creators ONLY.

So is that a "No" on Stan Lee?

shouldn't you have your own personal announcement thread Rich? That way the people on your PM list will know which shows you are attending. You can continue to update the thread with new announcement announcements. Saw on google that smart people do it that way. Just a heads up.