• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAKING SUBS FOR THE LONDON COMIC BOOK CONVENTION FEB. 25-26

38 posts in this topic

I completely forgot about those Grendel and LOBO covers!!!!!

I didn't consider Biz because he's at Boston, but then again, if he cancels that show (in April) and this turns out to be his one stop----better to not regret the opportunity that was in front of you at the time.

Quick update, while I crunch numbers---

$60 per book covers everything---your artist fees, your grading, your shipping costs.

That flat cost covers all artist, including Buckingham, Fabry, Bolland, Churchill, etc.

That being said, I have been hearing that Glenn Fabry is still not on the guest list,

but I do have a private signing with him scheduled over that weekend.

*(This is to address the PM's and emails that have been sent regarding Fabry books because others have seen that his name is not on the guest list either)

The Queen Mother has been dead for some years :makepoint:

I agree, since he did that song from the Lion King he's been coasting.

To address several PM's that I have received today ---

London subs $65 to $60 includes everything.

This is your $5 invoice fee CGC now charges.

This is your artist fee that will need to be paid out.

This is my time, plus shipping, plus grading.

There are no hidden fees for different color pens, additional sigs, etc.

One fee covers it all.

Thank you for your time.

LASTLY---all books must have payment in money order or check, with all your contact info and board name with real name.

FYI, books that have arrived thus far without these important details (and I HAVE received books for both MegaCon and London with nothing but the book)

WILL NOT BE GETTING DONE.

Not kidding even a little.

I am not wasting time trying to locate who you are, I am not hunting you down for money.

Those Batman books you've sent me are not doing anything but going to my kids.

Those Cardy books and Fabry books that arrived--my kids love 'em.

Thanks!

No Money, no info, no service.

Not trying to be difficult, but some common sense is critical.

You could always donate the comics to a charity organization! Haven't you stated that people need to send information with their books a least a dozen times and in each of your threads about accepting subs?

Reminds me of my college roommate who paid the phone bill. Our phone got shut off. I asked if he paid. He said yes right on time. I found the bill and he showed me his check. I then reminded him that the phone company does not know who he is as the phone was in my name. Giving information on the check or sending in the detached part of the bill works wonders...

And of course they cashed the check too...

Goes with your story really well...

I'd like to get a Stan Lee done at Megacon and then have you take it to London to get Perez and Sienkiewicz. Doable? I'll send payment in loose quarters separate from the book which will also be mailed separate from my mailing information. Can I get a discount for my extra prep?