• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SF Get Together?

13 posts in this topic

So is anyone in the SF area be up for a get-together dinner? Doesn't have to be a fancy place. Just think it would be fun to have another dinner - or even a weekend lunch or brunch.

What do ya think? If enough folks are up for it we can further the effort and choose date and place. Heck - if even a couple of folks are up for it. Think it would be fun. Can be cheap but good, too in this city.

Anytime. Anyplace. - I'm there! thumbsup2.gif

Speaking of events and SF, the Hayward-Con is on June 6. Not sure how exciting it will be, but I'd expect to see most of the local dealers there, and maybe a few regional ones. Best of all, admission is free!

www.super-con.com

Damn Pov, I wish you guys were up here in Seattle. I would love to be involved in a "comic encounter group" for members of "Comics Anonymous". Not too many forum members, if any, are up in this neck of the woods. Oh well. ------Sid

Speaking of events and SF, the Hayward-Con is on June 6. Not sure how exciting it will be, but I'd expect to see most of the local dealers there, and maybe a few regional ones. Best of all, admission is free!

www.super-con.com

I'm actually trying to get a couple of tables for SuperCon. I'll probably do Sacramento the following week too.

www.super-con.com

I am in for dinner and Hayward Con, schedule permitting. thumbsup2.gif

Is super-con any good? I have 15 boxes of stuff I want to sell, and have been thinking about setting up at Sac or Hayward. Any opinions as to which is better?

Thanks.

Is super-con any good? I have 15 boxes of stuff I want to sell, and have been thinking about setting up at Sac or Hayward. Any opinions as to which is better?

Thanks.

The Con in Hayward this weekend (Sunday, June 6) is free and won't be very large. Maybe about 30-35 tables.

Sacramento is a regional con that is put on quarterly. It's usually bigger and better for dealers. It has more regulars so you can usually count on better sales.

It really depends on what you have. Both cons will have a lot of dollar boxes, 25 cent boxes, etc. Both cons will also have a lot of the same dealers. Minimal CGC'd stuff. Keys get a lot of interest.. otherwise, low prices drive a lot of sales.

I'd be up for Hayward Con - just realized it is this Sunday!

But I am gonna need to take Bart or whatever public transportation goes from San Francisco to Hayward. Thoughts on the best way to get there?

(I let my Massachusetts driver's license expire without realizing it so now am in the wait line for test). frown.gif

Thanks for the info.

I'll probably go to the Hayward show this weekend (as a buyer), and to Sac (as a seller).

Have you been to Super-Con?

Super-Con has been located in Hayward the last few years (last year and this year) and is annual. It's actually on par with Sacramento in size. Last year, John Romita, Jr. was there drawing ALL DAY (and even after the con closed) and the lines were pretty long for him. This is good and bad since the Con is only for 6 hours and if you're in line for a couple of hours, that cuts down on the browsing time.

If you want to sell in Sacramento, you should call Dan to see if they have any tables left. It's next week. (June 13) Sometimes, a dealer will get bought out before the show even opens so tables may open up.

If you don't have a permanent sellers permit, you should get a temporary one now.

If you want to sell in Sacramento, you should call Dan to see if they have any tables left. It's next week. (June 13) Sometimes, a dealer will get bought out before the show even opens so tables may open up.

If you don't have a permanent sellers permit, you should get a temporary one now.

Thanks again. I didn't realize you needed a permit. Guess I'd better do some homework.

Hey POV! I'll be there plying my wares alongside Mr. Kao as I sell off runs of recent moderns at bargain basement prices. I'm also bringing my mini-hoarde of unopened vintage Star Wars figures.

Not sure how close the con venue is to Hayward BART, but this web site has the address:

http://www.super-con.com

If that won't work out and you need a lift, I can pick up and drop you back home afterwards, but I'll be going about an hour early and staying for the duration.

See ya Sunday!

-Jim