• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

How can you tell if you have a first or second print copy? I can't find anything, Does it say it somewhere? Thanks

Check the bar code at the back...It has two sets of numbers. check the set that has 5 digits. The first three indicates the book issue number, the fourth number indicates the variant version. The fifth number represents the printing version.

How can you tell if you have a first or second print copy? I can't find anything, Does it say it somewhere? Thanks

Check the bar code at the back...It has two sets of numbers. check the set that has 5 digits. The first three indicates the book issue number, the fourth number indicates the variant version. The fifth number represents the printing version.

Thanks. :applause:

I did not know this.

As noted, Image is easy - between the actual color/art variations, and the fact they put 'second printing' on the cover. Marvel likewise puts second printing by the issue number.

DC's new 52, though... this will REALLY help with them, and the multiple printings - 7 for JLA alone. (thumbs u

Gotta love Long Island. Save some for Brooklyn!

Sonofagun! I ran out to my LCS after reading these replies and all the ToT's were gone! I asked the owner what happened to all the books I saw there , it was just a few days ago, and his reply was "sold out, they're going for $50 a pop now" Man, I missed the boat, shoulda bought multiples when I had the chance.

I finally read the first 3 issues and in all honestly I thought it was just egh. I understand the comic has Kirkman's name on it and thus AMC wants to turn it into a TV show but in all honesty I don't see this being a hit comic or show.

it's already a hit comic.

I don't think it's a "Hit" comic at all.

The number of "lot of 5" #1s and so on, in my opinion, only further solidify my thoughts that the current price was driven up by speculation.

I remember walking past the rack in my LCS weeks ago when #1 first print was selling for $5 online, and thinking "hmm.. even though there's still like 20 copies of this issue here, I'll pick up other stuff". There was never an initial craze, the price got driven up RIGHT after AMC announced all that - this is a fact. People weren't flocking to the shelves to buy them initially, only when they saw $$ in their eyes.

I finally read the first 3 issues and in all honestly I thought it was just egh. I understand the comic has Kirkman's name on it and thus AMC wants to turn it into a TV show but in all honesty I don't see this being a hit comic or show.

It is? What made it a hit?

It is? What made it a hit?

do you realize that you come off very condesending in alot of your posts. you don't agree, post reasons then. otherwise ignore my posts please. at least board member philip posted his opinion. i shake my head at a vast number of your replies.

in fact, i bet your reasons would be the same as his, so it's like you replied either to be snarky, or just to up your post count. either one is ridiculous.

I saw ToT the day it came out at my lcs and decided I wouldn't start collecting new comics anymore. I now regret that decision. :-( I've only found one 1st printing of #'s 2 & 3 so far. I'll be happy if I get $50 for the set honestly. The money would most likely go to a grail I want.