• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I finally read the first 3 issues and in all honestly I thought it was just egh. I understand the comic has Kirkman's name on it and thus AMC wants to turn it into a TV show but in all honesty I don't see this being a hit comic or show.

it's already a hit comic.

It is? What made it a hit?

do you realize that you come off very condesending in alot of your posts. you don't agree, post reasons then. otherwise ignore my posts please. at least board member philip posted his opinion. i shake my head at a vast number of your replies.

Well then shake away. You made a statement with no reasons and asked why you would say that. Hardly condescending. (shrug)

I finally read the first 3 issues and in all honestly I thought it was just egh. I understand the comic has Kirkman's name on it and thus AMC wants to turn it into a TV show but in all honesty I don't see this being a hit comic or show.

do you realize that you come off very condesending in alot of your posts. you don't agree, post reasons then. otherwise ignore my posts please. at least board member philip posted his opinion. i shake my head at a vast number of your replies.

Well then shake away. You made a statement with no reasons and asked why you would say that. Hardly condescending. (shrug)

at least board member philip posted his opinion. in fact, i bet your reasons would be the same as his, so it's like you replied either to be snarky, or just to up your post count. either one is ridiculous.

in fact, i bet your reasons would be the same as his, so it's like you replied either to be snarky, or just to up your post count. either one is ridiculous.

I replied to ask why you would make that claim in a discussion thread about the comic in question. Iw old think my motivation for such a question was painfully obvious. You claimed the comic to be a hit. No reason why or any logic.

I don't think it's a "Hit" comic at all.

The number of "lot of 5" #1s and so on, in my opinion, only further solidify my thoughts that the current price was driven up by speculation.

I remember walking past the rack in my LCS weeks ago when #1 first print was selling for $5 online, and thinking "hmm.. even though there's still like 20 copies of this issue here, I'll pick up other stuff". There was never an initial craze, the price got driven up RIGHT after AMC announced all that - this is a fact. People weren't flocking to the shelves to buy them initially, only when they saw $$ in their eyes.

Yeah, I'd agree. It's a speculative hit, because of the price jump based on the AMC show production.

The comic itself will be a hit when people are buying it to read, and the demand is based on the intrinsic merits of the book itself.

The number of "lot of 5" #1s and so on, in my opinion, only further solidify my thoughts that the current price was driven up by speculation.

I remember walking past the rack in my LCS weeks ago when #1 first print was selling for $5 online, and thinking "hmm.. even though there's still like 20 copies of this issue here, I'll pick up other stuff". There was never an initial craze, the price got driven up RIGHT after AMC announced all that - this is a fact. People weren't flocking to the shelves to buy them initially, only when they saw $$ in their eyes.

Yeah, I'd agree. It's a speculative hit, because of the price jump based on the AMC show production.

The comic itself will be a hit when people are buying it to read, and the demand is based on the intrinsic merits of the book itself.

If / When that happens.

And I couldn't agree more

Once again my friend there is NO problem getting 9.8's. There are plenty in the system that will be released soon.

Watching you guys run around is very entertaining. :popcorn:

Now the last comment here is condescending. (thumbs u

I think Kirkman and AMC having the faith in it reassures people (fans & speculators) that it will have a future and hopefully it could be a bright one. I enjoy it and it could be great, we are only 3 issues in remember.

It's the same speculation driving up the price of WD #1 past it's FMV isn't it?

Not quite. There is an element of speculative similarity but WD has a long loyal group of readers that drove up the price long before any mansion of a TV show. wD also HAS a TV show. ToT has a company that bought the rights which happens all the time with absolutely no results.

I think Kirkman and AMC having the faith in it reassures people (fans & speculators) that it will have a future and hopefully it could be a bright one. I enjoy it and it could be great, we are only 3 issues in remember.

Exactly 3 issues and how much did AMC pay for the rights? Hardly a big risk at this point.

thank you. anyone who thinks ToT isn't a hit, speculatively or otherwise, is just being thick headed. if no copies were selling anywhere, the book wouldn't be a hit. if it's selling, even if it's selling to people looking to flip it, it's a hit. whether it'll stay a hit is up for grabs, but at the present moment, and for the last few weeks, the book has been a hit.

and i don't appreciate branget replying as if i said super dinosaur was a hit comic. your reply came off as condesending. if it wasn't, maybe you should change the way you reply, since this isn't the first time i've seen someone question something you replied.

thank you. anyone who thinks ToT isn't a hit, speculatively or otherwise, is just being thick headed. if no copies were selling anywhere, the book wouldn't be a hit. if it's selling, even if it's selling to people looking to flip it, it's a hit. whether it'll stay a hit is up for grabs, but at the present moment, and for the last few weeks, the book has been a hit.

and i don't appreciate branget replying as if i said super dinosaur was a hit comic. your reply came off as condesending. if it wasn't, maybe you should change the way you reply, since this isn't the first time i've seen someone question something you replied.

Was that so hard? You call a book a hit because copies are selling. I completely disagree. Almost every #1 sells in some capacity and I would hardly call them hits. There is a BIG difference calling a comic a hit based on a possible TV show announcement or calling it a hit because it sells on its own merits.

And I am often condescending so no issue there but you picked the wrong post to go off on. There is a multitude of inaccurate claims in these modern threads and often by the same few people. It's easier to be a smartass then to explain why they are out to lunch over and over again.

What do you have against increasing my post count? ;)

According to the census report there is 12 graded copies of #1, 3 of them being 9.8's.

There are many more coming. I have a few subbed under my account by a few boardies. There will be no shortage. In general any comic with that size print run will have a multitude of 9.8 candidates.

It's the same speculation driving up the price of WD #1 past it's FMV isn't it?

Not quite. There is an element of speculative similarity but WD has a long loyal group of readers that drove up the price long before any mansion of a TV show. wD also HAS a TV show. ToT has a company that bought the rights which happens all the time with absolutely no results.

This is why I have been staying quiet in this thread that is turned into nothing but crazy speculation.

As Branget and others have mentioned this show is still 2-3 years away from possibly being on AMC as a finished product. The reality is that ton of stuff that gets sold for TV or movie rights just never sees the light of day.

50/50 that this is made into a finalized product is probably higher odds than what I really should be listing. I kind of wish someone would turn Invincible into a dang show either animated or live action.

Back to the story in the comic, the 1st 3 issues so far are pretty slow and really dang boring. I am only still getting 1 of each issue going forward just because I want to have the run IF this finally hits tv.