• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

well it has a bit more of a leg up than other wanna be comics that are optioned for a run on tv.

Kirkman will work with The Walking Dead producer David Alpert and the series’ former executive producer Chic Eglee (who has also worked on Dexter) to bring the comic to life.

i think we will at least see some type of pilot within the year, if not sooner.

he has to have at least one tv project that Moore doesn't have any rights to.

time will tell...i can see a straight crime/thief show making it (women love this type stuff) where that wouldn't. A Bones, Castle, NCIS, CSI, etc type of show with a handsome Redmond, the women half of viewers would eat it up and i think it would come to fruition quicker, imo, than a L&K would. If done well that is.

It cracks me up how much of a comic's 'investment potential' is tied to the possibility of the book being adapted into another medium. Such an insecure hobby.

time will tell...i can see a straight crime/thief show making it (women love this type stuff) where that wouldn't. A Bones, Castle, NCIS, CSI, etc type of show with a handsome Redmond, the women half of viewers would eat it up and i think it would come to fruition quicker, imo, than a L&K would. If done well that is.

I agree. It sounds like ToT would initially have more of a 'hook' than a comedy about a detective that eats dead people. But the key is, and should always be, quality; if it can't be done correctly there's no point in doing it at all. The only thing bad shows do is make it more difficult for original ideas to get the green light, and instead we get rehashes, remakes, and "reality" shows.

I really don't appreciate your condescending posts Jerel. :taptaptap:

try and make fun of me all you want. i'm not the only one who sees your nonsense

lol

:facepalm:

Basically White Collar on USA network

My #1 came with yesterday's mail after the eBay auction that I won last Sunday night. I was skeptical about it as it was listed as NM on eBay. Upon examination, I definitely wasn't lied to. I'm new to collecting comics, but it certainly looked a lot better than the majority of the new books that I pick up from my LCS on Wednesdays. I only saw one tiny spot on the spine that I didn't like, which would lead me to believe that it would probably get a 9.8. If I had a scanner, I would share it so I can get an opinion from some folks on here.

I may be new to collecting, but I've read enough threads on here to know the difference between the majority of the grades. This book seems like a 9.8 to me. If not, then it's definitely a very nice 9.6. Maybe I will send it in and make it my very first CGC book.

My #1 came with yesterday's mail after the eBay auction that I won last Sunday night. I was skeptical about it as it was listed as NM on eBay. Upon examination, I definitely wasn't lied to. I'm new to collecting comics, but it certainly looked a lot better than the majority of the new books that I pick up from my LCS on Wednesdays. I only saw one tiny spot on the spine that I didn't like, which would lead me to believe that it would probably get a 9.8. If I had a scanner, I would share it so I can get an opinion from some folks on here.

I may be new to collecting, but I've read enough threads on here to know the difference between the majority of the grades. This book seems like a 9.8 to me. If not, then it's definitely a very nice 9.6. Maybe I will send it in and make it my very first CGC book.

If it's your first submission, I'd seriously consider getting access to a scanner and putting it in the Spare a Grade thread.

I don't mean to dampen your spirits, but if you think it's a 9.6, it's probably a 9.4 (Although, I seriously hope you are right and that I am talking out of my back end).

I was burned on about half of my first submission, thinking they were all absolutely 100% 9.8 min.

5 were 9.8

4 were 9.6

1 was 9.4

Those 9.6 and below helped me out a lot with my grading skills (Still not perfect but certainly a lot better).

A second opinion from one of our more seasoned graders is definately worth the effort and forgoes any potential heartache.

Good luck.

Yeah i dont think had a lot of subs for eccc. Looks like sdcc might be the only time to get books signed now? I mean the fastest time until next show. Still wating on my grades from my 2 comics pro i guess might bug them later today and see if have any luck. Sig placemnt on these books was great so im eager to see them with yellow label

i put up a set of 1&2 on ebay. i figure selling them now will pay for every other ToT book i have, so if i hold onto those and prices drop, i haven't lost any money (i still have a #1 1st print, two #1 2nd prints, two #2's, #2 2nd print, and three #3's.)