• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

i'm scared to sell too early and scared to sell too late.....

:ohnoez:

regrets in either direction.

i've sold enough of them to pay for pretty much all the comics i've bought in the last month and a TF101 tablet for digital comic reading.

so you'd think that would be good enough.

i'm scared to sell too early and scared to sell too late.....

:ohnoez:

regrets in either direction.

i've sold enough of them to pay for pretty much all the comics i've bought in the last month and a TF101 tablet for digital comic reading.

so you'd think that would be good enough.

But then again the market needs to be set for ToT cgc. I mean in a few weeks i think should be a decent amount of ToT cgc forsale. Because all we can do is guess right now what prices will fetch.

ToT cgc 9.8 over $200

ToT comics Pro cgc 9.8 $350 to $565 im guessing

ToT comics Pro cgc ss 9.8 $750 to $1275

ToT ice variant cgc 9.8 $ 195

ToT Ice varinat cgc ss 9.8 Over $250

Now i know this is all speculation and most will goble up the book to make a fast buck or two. But i hope people start to read it too because it's not bad at all. Yes it had overtones of white collar in it but not to much.

I mean when i first read this instantly thought John Hamm. I can see him as redmond. So before amc optioned this was released. thats who i saw already as redmond.

I wish the sereis the best of luck and hope that i will thrive on.

going to get really pricey on Joel's SS, already up to $181 with 6 days left. I think that will set the price for the raw's, they'll probably be pushing $80-$100 by the time that auction ends.

yeas right now im high bidder but i know that will change

I'm fairly new to comics. Is something rising this quickly normal? Any comparisons?

That said, let's all take a step back and realize that while it's a good book, it's hype may kill its momentum before it even has a chance. Studios option shows all the time. Sometimes because scripts/concepts are good, sometimes just to make sure no one else gets it. Options also turn into pilots frequently, and they never see the light of day (Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc).

going to get really pricey on Joel's SS, already up to $181 with 6 days left. I think that will set the price for the raw's, they'll probably be pushing $80-$100 by the time that auction ends.

yeas right now im high bidder but i know that will change

and just like that no more high bidder

I'm fairly new to comics. Is something rising this quickly normal? Any comparisons?

That said, let's all take a step back and realize that while it's a good book, it's hype may kill its momentum before it even has a chance. Studios option shows all the time. Sometimes because scripts/concepts are good, sometimes just to make sure no one else gets it. Options also turn into pilots frequently, and they never see the light of day (Aquaman, Wonder Woman, etc).

If I was aMC this would be a no brainer.

yes studios option shows all the time (and they never happen), but unlike other failed comics to tv adaptations, Kirkman already has a solid IN with AMC with The Walking Dead. And that can't hurt the chances of ToT actually happening.

Did the popularity of TWD comic take off the same way this did when the show was announced?

big difference was that TWD was already a comic for several years before the TV show was announced so it had a well established fan base, ToT is only in issue 3 so it's riding on the wave of TWD's popularity. Without the Kirkman TWD link it wouldn't be doing nearly as well.

Agreed.

And to answer the question directly WD had already started casting when it started to get as hot as ToT is now. ToT speculators are definitely jumping on the title faster than they did WD.