• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Some of these eBay buyers crack me up. I sold a comics pro and a regular for $245 listed as nm or better. He emails me and says, great packaging, but there is a spine crease, how can we rectify this?

Really? Show me a nm without a spine crease. I told him I would fully refund him, including shipping, if he's not happy. I'm quite sure he's looking for a partial refund, that he won't get. Any guesses if he will send it back? My money is on no...

I bet he won't return them. I think he was just fishing for a Partial Refund.

Or if he does he might try to return lower grade copies in place of the copies you sent him or he'll try to send you 2nd Print #1s.

I recently sold 2 1st Print Thief of Thieves #1s on Amazon and the buyer claimed they weren't in NM+ condition like I listed them as, so I told him he could return them for a refund. Well I get the package in the mail today and he sent me 2 2nd Print #1s instead of the 2 1st Print #1s I sent him. I guess he thought I wouldn't know the difference between the 1st and 2nd printings. Needless to say his 2nd Prints are now on there way back to him and I won't accept another return from him now after what he just tried to pull on me.

Unreal. :facepalm:

'You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them screwing each other over for a profit'

Ripley, Aliens

Reminds me, a few years ago I was in a hurry and made the mistake of sending off a Walking Dead 1 without tracking. So the buyer claimed he never received the book. He quickly filed a complaint, and got his money back.

So I got no money, no book back. Banned the person from my auctions. Makes me wonder how many times people pull this little trick.

Guess I will see if the potential of CGC books hitting the market will cool the flame on prices of the raw issues - I have a set of the three first prints up ending tonight and they are only at $36.00 so far - hoping for that end of auction push! Would be nice so I could fund some purchases to actually add to my collection.

This is mine.

I didn't mention it in 'post your auctions' thread yet.

Thanks for finding it.

I don't think I have enough friends (real or Internet) to shill this anywhere but down.

(thumbs u

Guess I will see if the potential of CGC books hitting the market will cool the flame on prices of the raw issues - I have a set of the three first prints up ending tonight and they are only at $36.00 so far - hoping for that end of auction push! Would be nice so I could fund some purchases to actually add to my collection.

I'm sure you'll do fine. At this point I'd pay more than that for a set... and if a cheapskate like me feels that way, there's hope for us all. :grin:

I'm sure you'll do fine. At this point I'd pay more than that for a set... and if a cheapskate like me feels that way, there's hope for us all. :grin:

plus, every ToT #1 i've seen has had a lot bids at the end of the auction

with over 200 ToT comics at any given time, people have the luxury to just wait till the end to bid on them....or grab a good deal on a BIN.

not sure why people started bidding wild on Joel's SS with 6 days left.

i called today, mine are still two weeks away from being graded....they're doing feb 28th right now and mine are mar 12th. He said they've all been working weekends. How about hiring a couple more graders, sigh