• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I look at it this way. Speculation, plain and simple. But then again, it is a great story and the variants were completely damaged.

So yes, a mixture of the two could bring in that kind of $$

Look at Chew!

What variants were damaged?

No Chew variants were hurt in the making of the Larry's run lol

I was talking about TOT ICE Variant :) Which I have one being graded right now......aka........yeah...it's going on the bay

Even Joel was having a hard time filling all his requests for high grade ICE variants and he was very frank and completely honest with me in all my dealings with him. I imagine it must have been that certain stacks were in better shape than others and that those who got their copies early had better looking books than those who went back multiple times or only at the end of the show. Anyone have any more details about the ICE variants condition generally? I'd hate to think that someone would BS me just to make a few extra bucks or alternatively to give me the impression that they were doing me a favor when they weren't. I would also like to see a move towards us all helping one another secure convention variants at or around cost for oneanother in some sort of club where we can help each other get books from the shows we attend in exchange for helping others get convention variants from shows that they aren't able to attend but that we do attend. Anyone else think this is a good idea? Maybe we can start an exchange thread somewhere on the Board? I think it would definitely help build some community and fellowship among board members and help us all avoid paying extraordinary prices on feebay.

When I was speaking with Joel at the convention it didn't come up. I had no issue seeing a multitude of 9.8 candidates for ToT at ImageExpo. That goes for you Adonis. ;)

Like I said the various copies submitted under my account that were not cherry picked all came back 9.6+. In fact I don't recall any below 9.8 specifically. They were obtained at various times during the show.

As for your convention idea I wish you luck. One of the best ways to offset convention costs is to sell the exclusives.

I wasn't there so I don't know if you just got lucky or if I was the object of some BS or puffing. I guess it's possible that you got lucky and were there at the right time or that the people I dealt with were there at bad times or maybe some combination of both. I would like to hear from others and there experiences to confirm that this wasn't the result of good/bad timing.

On a related note, do you have any info about the coloring defect on the regular No. 1. It's around the Image symbol and it looks like spotting for lack of a better description. Does anyone have an example of that so others can see what I'm talking about?

On a related note, do you have any info about the coloring defect on the regular No. 1. It's around the Image symbol and it looks like spotting for lack of a better description. Does anyone have an example of that so others can see what I'm talking about?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5428394&fpart=7

I wasn't there so I don't know if you just got lucky or if I was the object of some BS or puffing. I guess it's possible that you got lucky and were there at the right time or that the people I dealt with were there at bad times or maybe some combination of both. I would like to hear from others and there experiences to confirm that this wasn't the result of good/bad timing.

Is this what u are talking about?

thiefofthievesback.jpg

By tjanse at 2012-02-14

Nope not that one ... I think we all agree that one is a production error .. the one I'm talking about is on the front cover near the Image "I" and it looks like speckles of missing color. It's on a number of issues I've seen and I imagine that it may have been a regional thing because it wasn't on issues I ordered but was on several issues I picked up locally. I'll try and photograph what I'm talking if I have any more copies that have this going on. I think I may have traded away all the copies I had with this on them when the book first came out. If I have any left with it on them I'll post them tomorrow unless someone else posts one before me.

So, this is actually happening. I'm sending all my No 1's to be graded. Wish i would've gotten them SS'd. This is unbelievable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380432422713?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

I paid $47 at different shops buying two #1's, two #1 2nd prints, four #2's, a #2 2nd print, and three #3's. Sold a #1 & 2 set on ebay for $65 shipped. Now I've got the other copies to sit on for a bit and I've already made a profit

So, this is actually happening. I'm sending all my No 1's to be graded. Wish i would've gotten them SS'd. This is unbelievable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380432422713?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Congrats to Joel,he's a board member. :applause: