• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

So, this is actually happening. I'm sending all my No 1's to be graded. Wish i would've gotten them SS'd. This is unbelievable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380432422713?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Congrats to Joel,he's a board member. :applause:

Talk about jackpot. That's without the TV show! Imagine if this thing actually takes off! A 9.8 SS'd TWD #1 sells for $1,400-1,500! :ohnoez:

So, this is actually happening. I'm sending all my No 1's to be graded. Wish i would've gotten them SS'd. This is unbelievable...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380432422713?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Congrats to Joel,he's a board member. :applause:

Talk about jackpot. That's without the TV show! Imagine if this thing actually takes off! A 9.8 SS'd TWD #1 sells for $1,400-1,500! :ohnoez:

That's when I sell mine and get a nice Silver Age key. :headbang:

whatever boardie has that Image Expo SS for 799.99, they need to lower the price or it won't sell. People enjoy bidding, not just clicking and buying. jmo.

It's too staggering a number, even with a best offer option. Only 1 offer so far on it.

Quick question, I have 2 standard first prints that are coming back as 9.8. Can I get them submitted for SS at a convention and keep the 9.8 or will it need to be regraded?

They'll regrade it, but if things work out, you should be OK.

If i were you, i'd get all the sigs i wanted at the same time so you don't have to play Russian roulette down the road again. Congrats on the grades.

$611.00 ... good lord that's a lot of money (for a book that came out three months ago with a 17K print run)! I can't believe that so many people were willing to bid on that book when the comicspro and ICE variants are incredibly more rare. Tons of the 1,000 print ICE books were signed (which effectively relegates them to the lesser green label) and the comicspro print run which is reportedly 250 total books. Why pay out the nose for the regular SS book? I'm super happy for Joel and the next 3 people who list their books b/c it sure looks like they are going to sell for $500 plus. I can't believe I didn't hoard these books. doh!

whatever boardie has that Image Expo SS for 799.99, they need to lower the price or it won't sell. People enjoy bidding, not just clicking and buying. jmo.

It's too staggering a number, even with a best offer option. Only 1 offer so far on it.

Since you asked that is/was my book ... now it's my LCS's sorta (our deal is based on the sale price, costs for selling, shipping, etc.) ...it's the first of a series of comics that I've sold in about 15 years (although I sold 3 Joker Robber Hot Toys in the last few months with the same deal and that worked perfect) ... I'm actually a little nervous that I would have done better if I would have tossed it up in an auction starting at 99 cents with no reserve and just watched to see how it did. I asked him to start it out at $800 because I didn't want to interfere with Joel's auction and I figured the high figure might actually help his auction (although I'll never know if it did or not - I'm certainly not a psych guy).

Well look who's not a seller. :whistle:

I should have confessed the moment I attempted to dump the ulta contentious Batman and Superman Allstar books or the ever talked about Hush series (not even a 2nd print and certainly not the RRP in the lot). :tonofbricks: But since we always talk about Thief of Theives, I had to admit that it was mine. :grin: Now I'm going to have to learn all you big boys tricks of the trade. I was afraid that if I hung out here long enough that my greed would get the better of me. (shrug) I guess it was only a matter of time before I transitioned from trading to selling. If it makes you feel any better, I definitely tried to trading the Thief of Thieves ICE SS book for Walking Dead stuff with a Thief of Thieves enthusiast, but he only had Chew and I've got lots of Chew (at least until I find out more about the Chew pilot in wihch case I will probably buy way to much Chew) :idea:

Does less than 5 auctions make me a seller? I can't believe I drank the coolaid. For the record, I blame all of you for making it look much easier than I remember it and much easier than it actually is.

I wasn't there so I don't know if you just got lucky or if I was the object of some BS or puffing. I guess it's possible that you got lucky and were there at the right time or that the people I dealt with were there at bad times or maybe some combination of both. I would like to hear from others and there experiences to confirm that this wasn't the result of good/bad timing.

On a related note, do you have any info about the coloring defect on the regular No. 1. It's around the Image symbol and it looks like spotting for lack of a better description. Does anyone have an example of that so others can see what I'm talking about?

Seem like remember Joel saying something to me too. I had to waite a bit to get mine from Joel and it was worth the waite too.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=5487665&Searchpage=2&Main=249989&Words=thief+of+thieves&topic=0&Search=true#Post5487665

... I had no issue seeing a multitude of 9.8 candidates for ToT at ImageExpo. ...Like I said the various copies submitted under my account that were not cherry picked all came back 9.6+. In fact I don't recall any below 9.8 specifically. They were obtained at various times during the show.

Flash back to 2/27/12 http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=5487665&Searchpage=2&Main=249989&Words=thief+of+thieves&topic=0&Search=true#Post5487665 where Branget's post says

I was just very tired. I saw quite a few copies and they were mostly bent. I have not read it yet it I plan to.

I think your memory is slippin buddy (insert joke about your age poking and picking on me for selling a couple comics here) :baiting: or you're just tryin to break my balls for reporting what other people said which apparently included you, Joel and a number of others. :kidaround:

It looks like the ICE book (with its 1000 copy print run) was not only in bad condition to start with, a numbe of the books were signed so they won't ever get to be legit CGC SS books and are going to get green labeled. I think the ICE version is WAY more desirable than the regular cover and may, depending on what the census numbers look like down the road, give the Comicspro variant a run for its money (although I think it's going to be hard to catch that bad boy unless the reported print run of 250 (and from some people a mere 200 copies) is inaccurate and we have zero reason to believe that. Neither book was a regional variant or one of those manufactured comic shop variants. There the books that smart investors want to buy and I'm increasingly tempted to shell out money for more copies of these two variants particularly when the CGC copies hit the shelves or if I can find raw copies that are potential 9.8 candidates.

Someone has way too much time on his hands. Plenty of 9.8 candidates. I believe that was right after the con and my 1st line was I was just very tired. If they were all bent then why did every non-cherry picked copy that hit my account get graded 9.8?

Just threw a copy of TOT #1 up on ebay. I have 4 runs of 1-3. Figured Id sell one now just to make my money back on what I paid for them, and hold on to the other three runs incase it blows up like the walking dead.

Not having much luck, maybe its because Im totally new to ebay and I only have 4 feedbacks. Its only up to 10 bucks right now but still have 6 days left.