• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Just got them today comics pro ss cgc 9.8

001phi.jpg

By tjanse at 2012-05-01

Very nice... ( Somebody is about to make some good money ... if your selling both !! )

Either way im happy for now im sure it will help feed my silverage spidey run

Just got them today comics pro ss cgc 9.8

001phi.jpg

By tjanse at 2012-05-01

Very nice... ( Somebody is about to make some good money ... if your selling both !! )

Either way im happy for now im sure it will help feed my silverage spidey run

:applause: (thumbs u (worship)

Looks like someone else is giving an Image Comics Expo CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman and Spencer) a try with an auction and an opening BIN of $700.

The auction on the Comicspro 9.8 SS (K&S) is doing well. I wonder what the reserve is? I wonder how much higher it is than the $760 mark its already at.

I wonder what the reserve is? That just show the power of this book ... most comics with high reserves don't get bid on. They sure as heck don't get bid on all the way up over the $750 mark. My word!

I wonder what the reserve is? That just show the power of this book ... most comics with high reserves don't get bid on. They sure as heck don't get bid on all the way up over the $750 mark. My word!

See them get bid on all the time. Some reach the reserve, some don't.

The only thing it shows is that there are a lot of people who missed the boat on Walking Dead and are now willing to gamble rather ridiculous amounts in the hope that ToT will be the next shining star of the Modern era.

As much as I try not to, I just can't help shake my head at this - WD took a very long time to build up the kind of hype it now enjoys; it did it through excellent storytelling over almost 100 issues, strong TPB sales which kept on bringing in new readers, a ton of word-of-mouth advertising (I must have given the first trade to at least 5 people who've never read comic books before) and optioned film rights that actually resulted in a very good & successful TV show.

ToT has three fairly average issues under the belt, Kirkman's name on the cover (even though he won't actually be writing the later story arcs) and a recently-announced option that, in the world of television, doesn't even come close to guaranteeing that a TV show will ever be made. Can anyone say Locke & Key?

I thoroughly congratulate the sellers who are reaping the benefits of what seems to be a collective case of comic book history amnesia - being able to basically print money is always a glorious thing.

As for the buyers, well ... you know that whole "what I collect rocks, what you collect sucks"-thing? If you love ToT and want to spend $1,000 on what is sure to be the first of many Comicspro variants in CGC 9.8, knock yourself out - even though I'm fairly certain the guy who ponied up $12k for that New Mutants #98 in CGC 9.9 might want to have a word with you about the dangers of buying "first to market" books. Nevertheless, I wish you the very best & a ginormous return on your investment.

To the guy who spent $150 on that CGC 9.2 copy of ToT #1 on eBay, however, I only have one thing to say: you're a dumbazz.

WD took a very long time to build up the kind of hype it now enjoys; it did it through excellent storytelling over almost 100 issues, strong TPB sales which kept on bringing in new readers, a ton of word-of-mouth advertising (I must have given the first trade to at least 5 people who've never read comic books before) and optioned film rights that actually resulted in a very good & successful TV show.

This is EXACTLY what separates WD from the recent crop of pretenders to the throne. (thumbs u

Can ToT get there? Maybe. Can it run 30-40 quality issues, or however long it takes to get the extant copies of number one into the hands of readers and true fans? We'll see. For now it remains the comic equivalent of a small cap stock with a PE of 150.

The only thing it shows is that there are a lot of people who missed the boat on Walking Dead and are now willing to gamble rather ridiculous amounts in the hope that ToT will be the next shining star of the Modern era.

As much as I try not to, I just can't help shake my head at this - WD took a very long time to build up the kind of hype it now enjoys; it did it through excellent storytelling over almost 100 issues, strong TPB sales which kept on bringing in new readers, a ton of word-of-mouth advertising (I must have given the first trade to at least 5 people who've never read comic books before) and optioned film rights that actually resulted in a very good & successful TV show.

ToT has three fairly average issues under the belt, Kirkman's name on the cover (even though he won't actually be writing the later story arcs) and a recently-announced option that, in the world of television, doesn't even come close to guaranteeing that a TV show will ever be made. Can anyone say Locke & Key?

I thoroughly congratulate the sellers who are reaping the benefits of what seems to be a collective case of comic book history amnesia - being able to basically print money is always a glorious thing.

As for the buyers, well ... you know that whole "what I collect rocks, what you collect sucks"-thing? If you love ToT and want to spend $1,000 on what is sure to be the first of many Comicspro variants in CGC 9.8, knock yourself out - even though I'm fairly certain the guy who ponied up $12k for that New Mutants #98 in CGC 9.9 might want to have a word with you about the dangers of buying "first to market" books. Nevertheless, I wish you the very best & a ginormous return on your investment.

To the guy who spent $150 on that CGC 9.2 copy of ToT #1 on eBay, however, I only have one thing to say: you're a dumbazz.

Note to newer members: You can read this as 'snotty' or you can take it for what it actually is: an informed, educated view of the hobby from someone who's seen quite a bit more than you.

Note to newer members: You can read this as 'snotty' or you can take it for what it actually is: an informed, educated view of the hobby from someone who's seen quite a bit more than you.

I Dont a think new member would take this as snotty. I think one may look at as the sharing of information and being more informed the way the boards should be. But i do have to agree ToT 9.2 dumb move.

The reserve is set at $800 we will see what happens

You're going to pass that reserve and the price is going to keep going up from there. I've been wrong before, but I don't think I'm wrong on this one.

The reserve is set at $800 we will see what happens

You're going to pass that reserve and the price is going to keep going up from there. I've been wrong before, but I don't think I'm wrong on this one.

Yeah i know but i have got alot of messages in reguards to trades and pulling it off evil bay so i have decided to let the chips fall and see what happens. But yeah the reserve will be passed tomorrow.

Remember that although Deadpool has a much larger fan base than Redmond there are 250K copies of New Mutants 98 and a mere 250 copies of the comicspro variant and probably 750 to 600 copies of the Image Comics Expo variant that aren't signed and significanly less copies that are potentially 9.6 or 9.8 and even more copies that are in top shape if what was reported here and elsewhere by a number of members regarding the condition of this book is accurate. Now, I think we all agree that the figure the Thief of Thieves regular cover CGC 9.2 sold for was too much. I for one think that the regular cover CGC 9.8 and 9.8 SS books are selling for too much or that the comicspro variants and ICE variants are selling for too little. What is scary is that the market wants this book to be the next Walking Dead and that the demand for the book because of that speculation has resulted in the Thief of Thieves books selling for numbers that are about 25% to 50% of what they would sell if the TV series gets made and is a hit. I for one think that the market is inflated, but apparently I'm in the minority. I don't think that the numbers for the comicspro and ICE variants are too high. In fact, I think the comicspro raw books I've seen have been in such good shape that if the raw books being sold on ebay are in comparably sharp condition - they may actually be a deal. I also thought that the ICE Variant CGC 9.8 SS (Kirkman and Spencer) BIN that sold for $500 was a good deal and if I didn't have one already I would have been tempted to grab it myself.

This may be the smartest post ever made on these boards (worship)