• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Im new to collecting. To be honest i do not enjoy ToT as a read. I just cant get into it but its still too early to tell. Either way ive been holding 3 copies of each issue just in case it really blows up later down the line. If it doesent then im only out a few bucks. I think the risk vs reward is a good gamble.

I think if you've got a few copies of the 1st prints of TOT it's worthwhile keeping them if you paid cover price. You'll lose bit of cash if it slumps but stand to profit if it blows up. It's a slow burner IMO, but is clearly being scripted to play out on the screen. If it's a comic, it should really be written as one and adapted rather than just flat out scripted the way it has been.

I have a few of 1 and 2, I'm perfectly happy to wait and see what happens.

I think if you've got a few copies of the 1st prints of TOT it's worthwhile keeping them if you paid cover price. You'll lose bit of cash if it slumps but stand to profit if it blows up. It's a slow burner IMO, but is clearly being scripted to play out on the screen. If it's a comic, it should really be written as one and adapted rather than just flat out scripted the way it has been.

I have a few of 1 and 2, I'm perfectly happy to wait and see what happens.

slow burner? have you read the first 96 pages of this thread? :makepoint:

and a mere 250 copies of the comicspro variant and probably 750 to 600 copies of the Image Comics Expo variant that aren't signed

You're just pulling those numbers out of thin air, though.

People were claiming that that there were only 250 copies of the WD #81 comicspro variant as well. At C2E2 when the WD #81 variant came out, however, Chicago Comics had an entire case of them that they were selling for $20 each. To think for a second that Comicspro only prints exactly one copy pr. member of their organization is pretty darn silly.

If I'm wrong about the comicspro number that is just because that is the number that everyone has posted. The number on the ICE variant has always been posted at 1000 and I think it is safe to assume that 250 - 400 people had either Kirkman or Spencer sign their books at C2E2 ... if you think I'm wrong then please tell me what you think the actual numbers are. I'd like to know.

The reserve is set at $800 we will see what happens

You're going to pass that reserve and the price is going to keep going up from there. I've been wrong before, but I don't think I'm wrong on this one.

This reminded me of that Simpsons episode wher Lisa helps Homer gamble by picking NFL winners. Homer initially was calling betting advice hotlines and the hotline guy says something like, 'When you're right 55% of the time, it means you're wrong 45% of the time".

:angel:

The eBay breakdown on Thief of Thieves CGC for those following it:

Comicspro CGC SS (K&S) 9.8 is at $832 with 4 days left;

Image Comics EXPO (ICE) 9.8 SS (K&S) is at $350 w/ 6 days left;

The regular CGC 9.8 is at $310 w/ 24 hrs. left;

Another regular CGC 9.8 is at $294 w/ 3 days left;

a reg CGC 9.6 SS is at $99 w/ 3 days left; and

serf CGC 9.4 is at $99 w/ 6 1/2 hrs. left.

I imagine that most people don't read every thread & that people appreciated the info. If you didn't that doesn't mean that everyone else didn't. I thought it was interesting. It's certainly mote interesting than your complaint and accusation of spamming. Relax man. You get too worked up about stuff.