• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I've received a number of messages that indicate that the print run on the Image Comics Expo variant is 500 and not 1000. Does anyone have any difinitive information. The initial reports on the board were that the print run was 1000 copies. If anyone has contact info for an Image person involved in the distribution on this or other variants at the Expo, please PM it to me and I promise to keep it confidential. Thank you all for your anticipated cooperation and consideration.

It's 1,000.

Is PGX just ill informed, was there an announcement at the show, etc.? Why are you certain its a 1000 copy print run.? PGX is looked at my publishers as equal to CGC (not by serious collectors, but that's a different thread) ... I've only seen testimonial evidence and it is contradictory until now there's a written declaration by PGX. Any one have any info? I seriously appreciate any and all insight & information shared. Thanks!

It's 1,000.

Is PGX just ill informed, was there an announcement at the show, etc.? Why are you certain its a 1000 copy print run.? PGX is looked at my publishers as equal to CGC (not by serious collectors, but that's a different thread) ... I've only seen testimonial evidence and it is contradictory until now there's a written declaration by PGX. Any one have any info? I seriously appreciate any and all insight & information shared. Thanks!

PGX is a joke!

Seriously guy, you could get better informed information from a Magic 8 Ball than the PGX.

It's 1,000.

PGX is a joke!

Seriously guy, you could get better informed information from a Magic 8 Ball than the PGX.

:roflmao:

I thought that was just what collectors thought & that comic distributors treated CGC & PGX as equals. If I'm wrong, please correct my misunderstanding of the facts.

It's 1,000.

PGX is a joke!

I thought that was just what collectors thought & that comic distributors treated CGC & PGX as equals. If I'm wrong, please correct my misunderstanding of the facts.

I think you need to learn a bit more about PGX and their dealings. :makepoint:

It's 1,000.

PGX is a joke!

Where is your understanding that publishers look at both as equal?

Just because someone can submit to either of them isn't an acceptance by a publisher. The publisher has nothing to do with it.

CGC is set up and in the open at every major convention every year and set up as an extension of a highly respected coin collectors society. They've done promotions with major publishers.

PGX is... Well, there are some very detailed threads regarding the shady and outright scandalous dealings of that company.

Do a search Nico, and read about them, you'll have a hard time even wanting to say their name afterwards!

It's 1,000.

PGX is a joke!

Where is your understanding that publishers look at both as equal?

Just because someone can submit to either of them isn't an acceptance by a publisher. The publisher has nothing to do with it.

CGC is set up and in the open at every major convention every year and set up as an extension of a highly respected coin collectors society. They've done promotions with major publishers.

PGX is... Well, there are some very detailed threads regarding the shady and outright scandalous dealings of that company.

Do a search Nico, and read about them, you'll have a hard time even wanting to say their name afterwards!

He was warning me before not to use the PGX name in bad ways when I was stating some of the things they have done. He is just simply making this shiat up at this point, he has no idea about what Publishers think about PGX or CGC nor has he yet looked into the headache and joke that is PGX. He is too busy posting the same info into multiple threads to give branget a headache. :)

I was asking for info nothing more. Thanks for the link. Have many or any conventions banned them?

Apparently PGX was at the Image Comics EXPO & at other cons. I know that many people have real concerns about their business practices. I assume that if Image permitted them at the Image Comics Expo that PGX wouldn't misrepresent the print run of a major convention exclusive. Otherwise they would lose their entire market share and have potentially enormous civil liability under under the following theories: misrepresentation, negligence, actual & constructive fraud, etc. and be liable under theories of substantially encouraging & assisting in illegal wrongdoings, joint venture, etc. I don't know anything about the company but those kinds of misrepresentations are an insurance nightmare & a class action and/or tort attorneys' dream. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for corporations committing fraud and other illegal acts, there wouldn't be a need for civil courts. I would just be shocked if PGX lied about a print run on the face of everyone of those books, but I'm surprised all the time. There just doesn't appear to be any motive for PGX to lie about the number of TOT ICE variants. Am I missing something from this situation?

The afore statements are purely hypothetical and do not constitute legal advice and/or a legal opinion and are for entertainment purposes for a potential fictional legal drama and should not be relied upon as they are fictional & the law differs from state to state.

I was asking for info nothing more. Thanks for the link. Have many or any conventions banned them. Apparently PGX was at the Image Comics EXPO & at other cons. I know that many people have real concerns about their business practices. I assume that if Image permitted them at the Image Comics Expo that PGX wouldn't misrepresent the print run of a major convention exclusive.

It really doesn't take any sort of 'credibility' to buy a table at a convention. Rob Granito set up at plenty. PGX has a history of misrepresentation and errors on their labels. It's all there to read about. What does Image care? They're in the business of publishing comics.

A 'major convention exclusive' is only a big deal in our little bitty hobby.

Otherwise they would lose their entire market share and have potentially enormous civil liability under under the following theories: misrepresentation, negligence, actual & constructive...

In theory I guess. Judge Judy might not laugh it out of court.

Seriously Nico, no one outside of our hobby cares about the secondary comic book market. We're all on our own to live and learn.

I assume that if Image permitted them at the Image Comics Expo that PGX wouldn't misrepresent the print run of a major convention exclusive.

I would just be shocked if PGX lied about a print run on the face of everyone of those books, but I'm surprised all the time. There just doesn't appear to be any motive for PGX to lie about the number of TOT ICE variants. Am I missing something from this situation?

I don't think they'd lie or misrepresent in this case. They would, however, be too lazy to get their facts correct.