• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

It's 1,000.

Is PGX just ill informed, was there an announcement at the show, etc.? Why are you certain its a 1000 copy print run.? PGX is looked at my publishers as equal to CGC (not by serious collectors, but that's a different thread) ... I've only seen testimonial evidence and it is contradictory until now there's a written declaration by PGX. Any one have any info? I seriously appreciate any and all insight & information shared. Thanks!

PGX is a joke!

Seriously guy, you could get better informed information from a Magic 8 Ball than the PGX.

:roflmao:

I thought that was just what collectors thought & that comic distributors treated CGC & PGX as equals. If I'm wrong, please correct my misunderstanding of the facts.

rmpl

dont know if anybody asks but what do you think will this journey go i think there is a crazy hype this book is only 2 moths out and the 1st print universal 9.8 is on 400$ on ebay thats insane...but i heard only fe days ago about the series so i will began read this and see what it is like :)

dont know if this will also be as good as WD in both ways storywiese and financialwise for those that had more copys :)

The content must be there for AMC to option the show (umm, TV deal with only ONE ISSUE PUBLISHED?!), and I'm sure they trust Robert after TWD, but the show could still never see the light of day. I'm not complaining, and I think the story has gotten much better since issue 1, but it's still very surprising to see this grow so quickly.

zombies are cooler than crooks, but personally I think from the walking dead hype and the comic books continued sell outs, it will at least get one season on AMC

That would be awesome to see an AMC show on ToT...I personaly have watched every seasn on WD and would love to see one for theives!

The content must be there for AMC to option the show (umm, TV deal with only ONE ISSUE PUBLISHED?!), and I'm sure they trust Robert after TWD, but the show could still never see the light of day. I'm not complaining, and I think the story has gotten much better since issue 1, but it's still very surprising to see this grow so quickly.

3 issues

zombies are cooler than crooks, but personally I think from the walking dead hype and the comic books continued sell outs, it will at least get one season on AMC

That would be awesome to see an AMC show on ToT...I personaly have watched every seasn on WD and would love to see one for theives!

It would be awesome to have any comic on TV. I'm hopeful that Chew, Powers, Locke & Key, Thief of Thieves, the Damned, 100 Bullets and a ton of other books who've sold screenplay or pilot rights will get made and picked up by a network. The move into other media legitimazes the hobby with the mainstream and encourages old readers to return and new readers to pick up comics. It was really cool to see two news stories about comics on my local news (one for the Avengers and one for Free Comic Book Day). The industry is doing well and I hope that it keeps doing well far into the future.

It would be awesome to have any comic on TV. I'm hopeful that Chew, Powers, Locke & Key, Thief of Thieves, the Damned, 100 Bullets and a ton of other books who've sold screenplay or pilot rights will get made and picked up by a network. The move into other media legitimazes the hobby with the mainstream and encourages old readers to return and new readers to pick up comics. It was really cool to see two news stories about comics on my local news (one for the Avengers and one for Free Comic Book Day). The industry is doing well and I hope that it keeps doing well far into the future.

Tell that to the producers of the Human Target or the makers of Whiteout, where a bunch sits on a shelf at my favorite Big Lots discount store for $3 brand new. An actual bottle of white-out sells for more. lol

Not every little known comic property is gonna make it, when they have to compete with more heavily promoted Marvel/DC programming. Being based on a comic/graphic novel might be an ugly thing after a while for the little guys as they struggle for an audience. The mainstream might not want to be clued into every property's floppy history too. My 2c

I pegged him as 35 ish. he'll be 20 and look like Brad Pitt on the TV show... lol

Ha...I was thinking the samething lol

Anyhow, I think #4 is still setting up the arc and we really want get into the meat and potatoes until the 5th or 6th issue...if not later. I'm still all in at this point though still excited to see where it heads.