• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Nick Spencer on Thief of thieves

"BF: Not all of your books are so heavily science-fiction focused. The recently released Thief of Thieves is a deeply character based project that focuses on the now retired “King of Thieves,” Conrad Paulson (aka Redmond). What was the inspiration for this stellar book?

SPENCER: Well, the inspiration is more for Robert to talk about, really, but I can say when he showed me the document he’d put together for the story-- which was a sort of broad rundown of the entire cast intermingled with ideas for plot points over the first twenty or so issues-- I was so impressed by it. It was a story I had to be a part of telling.

BF: Thieves also sees you partnering with Image Comics giant, Robert Kirkman. Is the creative process of Thieves vastly different than your solo works?

SPENCER: I’m very conscious of the fact that this is Robert’s story, and I view myself as a caretaker of sorts. Even more so than when working on a Marvel or DC book, really, because this isn’t something that’s passed down for generations and you can argue has really become a sort of public trust. This came from one writer’s head-- and it’s my responsibility to take his ideas, and try to communicate them to the audience as effectively as I know how."

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/lowdown/p/detail/image-month-nick-spencer-talks-his-evolution-at-image-comics

This is what Robert Kirkman had to say about Thief of Thieves during an interview for Season 3 of TWD.

"A: Thief of Thieves is a great heist story about a man named Conrad Paulson who leads a double life as a master thief known internationally as Redman...I am working with Chic Eglee, who is a fantastic writer who worked on the first season of The Walking Dead, and right now we are in the pilot development stage, so he's going to be working hard on the pilot -script and once that's written we'll go from there. But it's really exciting to be working with AMC again."

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/05/robert-kirkman-interview.php

Is issue 4 coming out tomorrow? Image website has it listed but I didn't see it on Diamond's list.

i dont think it is

My LCS did not get it today (they get their issues one day ahead of schedule)...he seemed to think that Diamond had just not seen his order due to the madness diamond had during free comic bood day...but if this is a nation wide thing I would like to know so I can let him know!

Is issue 4 coming out tomorrow? Image website has it listed but I didn't see it on Diamond's list.

i dont think it is

My LCS did not get it today (they get their issues one day ahead of schedule)...he seemed to think that Diamond had just not seen his order due to the madness diamond had during free comic bood day...but if this is a nation wide thing I would like to know so I can let him know!

Mine didn't get it today either.

Well guys it was nice knowing you...with ToT 4 not coming out ontime I suspect widespread suicide across the nation :(

TWD, Morning Glories and Batman all are due out. I'll be good.

With it not being on Diamond's ship list, I figure that's a big hint. Can't find any on eBay, but #3 2nd print looks to be out.