• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

finally...scheduled for grading. Never again will i not use fast track.

:banana:

Only 2 weeks to go. ;)

Most comics would not be worth fast tracking.

i seriously don't have the patience for modern 45 day slow boat, no matter what i'm sending in.

Plenty of #4 at my LCS, surprised it is selling at a premium when I can't move copies of #3 here. weird. then again, every store i go to has plenty of Saga 2s and people seem to be trying to sell that at a premium.

any reason as to why some places did not receive #4? Thought it was just the south but someone in Alabama got 5 from their comic store.

Same thing happened with Mind the Gap last week.

Maybe just issues with Image's printer?

finally...scheduled for grading. Never again will i not use fast track.

:banana:

Only 2 weeks to go. ;)

Most comics would not be worth fast tracking.

i seriously don't have the patience for modern 45 day slow boat, no matter what i'm sending in.

Expensive lifestyle with no patience. Good luck with that. (thumbs u

My LCS, which serves a great portion of the Tampa Bay Area did not get Thief of Thieves #4 this week. I asked, and the owner said it was supposed to be there, but when checking his invoice, none were received. Hopefully, they will be here next week? It seems like this is happening other places as well...I think it might be a problem on Diamond's end. Can anyone verify?

Even weirder in the UK. You'd think a small country like this would get uniform distribution, but my LCS, who are normally pretty on the ball with this stuff, is telling me next week, yet I've ordered one from A Place in Space (45 miles away), and they have them in hand. Seems a bit :screwy:

We've experienced this issue with other Image books at my LCS. I believe it has to do with the number of issues ordered. So my LCS gets tons of Manhattan Projects and when the last issue shipped he got 1/2 his order. The same with Mind the Gap (but that may have been in part a result of a tractor trailer crash), my LCS got their A covers and didn't get their B covers until the following week. This week they got no copies of Thief of Thieves but Diamond has confirmed they will receive them next week. My LCS also didn't get their copies of Hell Yeah this week either.

Those of you looking for perfect copies of #4 may have your work cut out for you. In the large batch I looked through, 85-90% had a white spot in the ULC along the black spine. It looks like a storage rub, because it hits where the spine is a bit rounded, but it was fairly uniform in size/placement so I think it must be from production... maybe a spot where the ink was too heavy and didn't dry properly. (shrug) I'll be curious if you guys see what I'm talking about when your copies roll in.

Those of you looking for perfect copies of #4 may have your work cut out for you. In the large batch I looked through, 85-90% had a white spot in the ULC along the black spine. It looks like a storage rub, because it hits where the spine is a bit rounded, but it was fairly uniform in size/placement so I think it must be from production... maybe a spot where the ink was too heavy and didn't dry properly. (shrug) I'll be curious if you guys see what I'm talking about when your copies roll in.

can u post a pic?

can u post a pic?

I can't, because I pulled my copies from the other 10-15%. ;) It's nothing too dire, but in general there seemed to be a number of little ink glitches in the ULC. Hopefully the batch I was looking at was worse than average.