• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Is the possibility of a TV show + Kirkman pushing these prices so much? I flipped through this book when it came out and was underwhelmed so I passed and my LCS had a few copies and sold me one for cover today but I'm still trying to see what all the fuss is about.

I stopped collecting in the early '90's and now this TV / Movie push seems to be the 2000's version of hologram / foil embossed covers.

So, just confused how a book that had a decent print run from 3 months ago is already being sold upwards of $40.

Sorry, bad memories of standing behind some dude and waiting 30+ minutes while he purchased 50 copies of Maxx #2. lol

Thank you! Just all feels forced, like we as collectors are trying to speed up time and make something it's not.

It is to me to.

I picked up 1-3 last week for cover, when I was at my local store and a guy choose not to get them from his pulls.

Talked to my guys in Montreal to, they still have copies at $15 for sale. It's still hard to find, but it seems copies are still available for reasonable prices.

I wonder how many people are spending the $40-$80 for the comic because they really want it, and not just pure speculation/investment purposes.

I enjoyed #4 too ... was just waiting until next week to discuss more, as it seemed like only a few of us have them in hand yet.

Yeah, I do wish each issue were longer... at least 24 or 28 pages instead of 20. There have been parts I've liked in all four issues, but in the larger sense it feels like the plot hasn't advanced very far yet. (Now I know how Walking Dead single-issue readers feel!)

Thank you! Just all feels forced, like we as collectors are trying to speed up time and make something it's not.

It is to me to.

I picked up 1-3 last week for cover, when I was at my local store and a guy choose not to get them from his pulls.

Talked to my guys in Montreal to, they still have copies at $15 for sale. It's still hard to find, but it seems copies are still available for reasonable prices.

I wonder how many people are spending the $40-$80 for the comic because they really want it, and not just pure speculation/investment purposes.

Totally agree. I also was lucky enough to find a dealer in San Diego who was selling 1-3 for $15. I had previously purchased 2 & 3 separately and had missed the boat on #1. Wanted just to complete the collection.

Put up 2 & 3 on ebay, as I just wanted one copy of each issue for my collection. They sold for $11.50 after I started the auction off at 99 cents. Unfortunately, I'm on day 5 of no pay from the buyer. Last eBay action I could see was her leaving feedback the day after on some other transactions. Any others have to patiently wait for payment on their eBay auctions? :(

Any others have to patiently wait for payment on their eBay auctions? :(

I believe the longest I've had to wait was 6 days, and I kinda figured that would happen after the first 3 since the price was >$300 and the 6th day was the 1st of the month (payday for a lot of folks).

some walking deads iposted sold and the buyer didnt pay but was buying other stuff while i waited. at day 12 i created a case and reported to ebay.

day 12? i usually open a case around day 2.

what drives me crazy is when someone won't respond to a query/email.....how stinking hard is it to respond to someone. In this age of being wired 24/7 there's no excuse. If you don't want the item then LET ME KNOW...don't jerk me around by not responding.

some walking deads iposted sold and the buyer didnt pay but was buying other stuff while i waited. at day 12 i created a case and reported to ebay.

day 12? i usually open a case around day 2.

Seeing that eBay wouldn't allow you to open a case at day 2, I very much doubt that to be true :doh: