• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

you can request action which can allow you to cancel the auction...i did one last week on a 0 feedback who wouldn't respond.

Doing this since 1998, i can tell when someone isn't going to follow through pretty quick.

if someone asks ahead of time for more time, that's fine, of course.

For a non-paying bidder you are gonna wait 4 days before you can even start the process of getting the auction canceled.

Anything else in regards to getting the auction canceled quicker requires the buyer agreeing to cancel the auction, so if they are ignoring you I doubt they are responding to cancel an auction.

You can't open an unpaid item case till 4 days have passed (which is not by any stretch of the imagination unreasonable), and you're trying to circumvent this by firing off a request to cancel the transaction if a buyer doesn't pay the minute the auction ends?

Enjoy the negative feedback :thumbsup:

if the person has 0 feedback, within 24 hours i usually contact them to ask if they intend to follow through with the auction...if i get no response after 24 more hours i submit a cancellation request.

Now i have had people cancel the cancellation request and go ahead and send the money, that's great. Doesn't happen often though.

No sure why someone would leave a negative if they aren't planning on paying.

If someone has 100% feedback and several completed auctions i don't tend to worry about it as much.

I've had some people very happy i sent a cancellation request since they bid too much and weren't planning on paying.

As someone who buys on ebay but does not sell, I really don't get this whole non paying thing.

If I bid on something, it's because I want it, if I win it, I want it in my possession asap, therefore I pay immediately as often as possible and almost always within two or three hours of the auction end.

Bidding on something you aren't going to pay for, or are going to jerk the seller around for days before you do :screwy:

The above just seems so obvious, that it really makes me question humanity as a whole. So many people don't have basic level manners. I know I sound :preach: but seriously, you want it? You bid on it? You won it? Well effing pay for it then'!!!!!

Ah, I feel better now, rantrant over.

lol

Guess I'm eBay old school. There was 7 days to pay and I still will occasionally do that. I'll contact the seller and let them know........usually. ;)

Just a question from the opposite because im a little bit fresh in the ebay thing...so i payed a comic 5 days ago via paypal and told the seller to send me the tracking number after he shipped it...until now there is no responde from him, i just send another question about it 2 days ago...again no answer...so what i should or can do any advice ??

thx alot

he wants to ship it over here to germany with USPS Priority Mail International but i payed alot more money then the service costs...i will send him a last message then wait 2more days and open a case...never had someone that didnt respond on things like tracking number and so on ...and this guy has over 8000 positive feedbacks and only one neg so cant understand that...

I thought I read that there are changes to eBay feedback on communication. He may be taking advantage of that. He may also be busy. :)

Dont know about that. I regularly use ebay and when someone messages me i get an email almost immediately on my droid and in the message in box on ebay.

as long as i'm contacted i can wait as long as needed. It's the silence from a 0 feedback that's worrisome. When i win an auction i usually pay immediately and when someone pays me i mail it that day if the PO is open.

I thought I read that there are changes to eBay feedback on communication. He may be taking advantage of that. He may also be busy. :)

Dont know about that. I regularly use ebay and when someone messages me i get an email almost immediately on my droid and in the message in box on ebay.

And that contradicts what I said how?