• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Issue 5 is just around the corner can't waite to read this one. Any thoughts on whats gunna happen?
It's still 3 Wednesdays away.

Still fun to get thoughts and such..

Issue 5 is just around the corner can't waite to read this one. Any thoughts on whats gunna happen?
It's still 3 Wednesdays away.

Still fun to get thoughts and such..

Since the book jumps around in time so much, it's hard to even remotely guess what will happen in #5. But I'm looking forward to it too.

On issue #4, I will say

(minor spoilers ahead, I suppose)

This was probably my favorite issue to date. Really liking the character of Augustus, and the dynamic of his relationship with his father is believable and fleshed out nicely. He obviously wants to be his own man, but the only reason he is taken even remotely seriously by those around him is because he is his dad's son, and thus he's forced to trade on his dad's name. ("I learned from the best.")

Also liking the increasingly dark tone, as more criminal elements are worked into the series.

some people need to start getting whacked...not enough danger. I'm guessing Augustus's girl friend will get kidnapped and his dad will have to help bail him out by completing a job for him. Or even the mom will get kidnapped and he'll have to steal something to win her freedom.

CGC has been hard on the regular cover Thief of Thieves ... I think that helps drive the high prices of CGC 9.6s & 9.8s. I don't know if early census submissions were done in haste or what, but I guess we'll see when the new HOW & Census numbers come out.

lol

I thought you turned over a leaf and were against spreading misinformation? How in the world did you conclude CGC is being hard on the regular cover? :facepalm:

I wasn't suggesting that CGC was giving improper grades, just that the census & gpa numbers show a lot more lower grades than I usually see on new books. I'd try & paste the info, but I'm on my cell .... I think you misunderstood my post. That's not hard to do bc of auto spell correct on my cell. Moreover, I've never spread misinformation & don't appreciate the suggestion that I have. There are lots of people on the boards who attempt to influence prices, popularity, etc. I'm not one of them. I just report the facts, share opinions & ask for input from others.

You said

CGC has been hard on the regular cover Thief of Thieves ... I think that helps drive the high prices of CGC 9.6s & 9.8s.

I asked

How in the world did you conclude CGC is being hard on the regular cover? :facepalm:

So who misunderstood who?

The census is typical of new books so once again I will ask "How did you conclude that CGC has been hard on ToT regular cover?"

Holy hell man.

When I'm not on my cell I'll pull the numbers, but I rarely see a significant number of 9.2s on a three month old book. I think that's pretty tough. We can agree to disagree but your taking my statement out of context by failing to include my rhetorical question about whether submissions were made in haste. Calm down big dog. Like I said I'm typing with my thumbs on my cell, not trying to argue, etc.

I wasn't suggesting that CGC was giving improper grades, just that the census & gpa numbers show a lot more lower grades than I usually see on new books. I'd try & paste the info, but I'm on my cell .... I think you misunderstood my post. That's not hard to do bc of auto spell correct on my cell. Moreover, I've never spread misinformation & don't appreciate the suggestion that I have. There are lots of people on the boards who attempt to influence prices, popularity, etc. I'm not one of them. I just report the facts, share opinions & ask for input from others.

Pretty much every other one of your posts has misinformation - or, at the very least, speculation with no basis in reality :shrug:

I'd venture a guess and say that the reason for all the 9.4s and 9.6s in the census are an influx of new speculators who:

a) don't know how to grade

b) do know how to grade but in their haste to be first to market think 9.4s and 9.6s will hold their value

When I'm not on my cell I'll pull the numbers, but I rarely see a significant number of 9.2s on a three month old book. I think that's pretty tough. We can agree to disagree but your taking my statement out of context by failing to include my rhetorical question about whether submissions were made in haste. Calm down big dog. Like I said I'm typing with my thumbs on my cell, not trying to argue, etc.

There is 1 graded 9.2 on census. So back to this little thing about spreading misinformation?

There is no agree to disagree. You made a statement based on ??? And consistently request others to backup what they say with facts. Where are your facts?

I'll let the dog comment go for now. Don't do it again.

Pretty much every other one of your posts has misinformation - or, at the very least, speculation with no basis in reality :shrug:

I'd venture a guess and say that the reason for all the 9.4s and 9.6s in the census are an influx of new speculators who don't know how to grade.

That was just plain rude and factually inaccurate as it pertains to me. Also, your theory about speculators who don't know how to screen books doesn't work bc the numbers we are working with, unless they have been updated recently, were released prior to the news about the TV show. Who knows, maybe there were some who didn't do a good job guessing how CGC would grade the books & were just riding kirkman fever. After all, look at the number of people who are paying or paid top dollar for the Hardcore one shot. Before you make such sweeping conclusions you may want to think this stuff through analytically and refrain from bad mouthing other board members as it makes you appear like you have personal animus and are unknowledgable when you have some good ideas. In sum, back off & try & have a good time. That's all any of us can really hope to do on the boards anyway.