• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

And if the real winner chooses to pay then he has every right to leave negative feedback. You guys really have that many zero feedback bidders who don't pay?

i was told by ebay i didn't have to sell to anyone if i didn't want to...i just refund their money if they pay after the fact (which a 0 feedback buyer has never done).

I'm alot less patient with 0 feedback buyers than anyone else, especially those who just created their account a few days before they bid. I had one just a week or so ago, never responded to any of my emails and after a couple of days i relisted and filed to get my sellers fee back. It expired after a few days of no communication and i got my money.

in 14 years i'm not sure i've had more than a handful of 0 feedback buyers that have ever gone through with the auction.

In 12 years zero feedback bidders have been my best customers so keep sending them to me. I am also very surprised by your 'Ebay answer'. I thought the eBay legal speak clearly stated that you were required to follow through on the transaction.

i was told by ebay i didn't have to sell to anyone if i didn't want to...i just refund their money if they pay after the fact (which a 0 feedback buyer has never done).

I'm alot less patient with 0 feedback buyers than anyone else, especially those who just created their account a few days before they bid. I had one just a week or so ago, never responded to any of my emails and after a couple of days i relisted and filed to get my sellers fee back. It expired after a few days of no communication and i got my money.

in 14 years i'm not sure i've had more than a handful of 0 feedback buyers that have ever gone through with the auction.

i understand that. last month i had 3 people that never contacted me and i had to open cases. jesus, in april alone i hade to open 10 unpaid cases. in may, i had to open 2 more.

I have heard a few incorrect assumptions made by EBay CSr's and unless you are talking to the protection department then I would think this is the correct answer to your scenario. I am surprised you have not been warned by eBay actually.

Question: Can I change my mind about a sale?

Answer:

Yes and no. A seller can cancel an unended auction listing at any time for any reason, at will, so long as the seller is not ending the listing simply to sell to another eBay member outside of eBay. When a listing is canceled with no winning bidder, the seller has no responsibility to any of the bidder(s) in the auction and the listing is considered null and void (though the seller remains responsible for associated listing fees).

A seller can also cancel a specific bid at any time and for any reason before an auction listing ends if the seller doesn't want to do business with the bidder in question.

Circumstances are different, on the other hand, for listings that have already ended and for which a winning bidder or buyer therefore exists. In general, an auction listing is a binding contract. Once a bidder has won an auction, it is the seller's legal responsibility to accept payment in the amount of the winning bid (plus shipping and any other listed extras), and to subsequently deliver the item or service according to the description and terms given in the item listing.

Sellers are in violation of eBay rules and subject to suspension (and in some cases action by law enforcement) in cases in which:

A seller refuses to accept payment for a won auction or listing at all

A seller refunds payment for a won auction or listing and refuses to complete the transaction

A seller accepts payment for a won auction or listing and subsequently fails to deliver the item or offer a refund

Exceptions

Three exceptions to these rules exist.

1) Since eBay real estate auctions (listings for land, investment property, or housing) are non-binding, a seller is not required to sell real estate to the highest bidder even when one exists.

2) Since no eBay member is required to complete a transaction with a member whose account is suspended, a seller need not complete a transaction if the buyer or winning bidder is suspended from eBay once the listing is complete but before shipment has occurred.

3) Sellers are not required to sell to the high bidder on an auction listing if there was a reserve price associated with the listing and the reserve price was not met.

I have heard a few incorrect assumptions made by EBay CSr's and unless you are talking to the protection department then I would think this is the correct answer to your scenario. I am surprised you have not been warned by eBay actually.

Question: Can I change my mind about a sale?

Answer:

Yes and no. A seller can cancel an unended auction listing at any time for any reason, at will, so long as the seller is not ending the listing simply to sell to another eBay member outside of eBay. When a listing is canceled with no winning bidder, the seller has no responsibility to any of the bidder(s) in the auction and the listing is considered null and void (though the seller remains responsible for associated listing fees).

A seller can also cancel a specific bid at any time and for any reason before an auction listing ends if the seller doesn't want to do business with the bidder in question.

Circumstances are different, on the other hand, for listings that have already ended and for which a winning bidder or buyer therefore exists. In general, an auction listing is a binding contract. Once a bidder has won an auction, it is the seller's legal responsibility to accept payment in the amount of the winning bid (plus shipping and any other listed extras), and to subsequently deliver the item or service according to the description and terms given in the item listing.

Sellers are in violation of eBay rules and subject to suspension (and in some cases action by law enforcement) in cases in which:

A seller refuses to accept payment for a won auction or listing at all

A seller refunds payment for a won auction or listing and refuses to complete the transaction

A seller accepts payment for a won auction or listing and subsequently fails to deliver the item or offer a refund

Exceptions

Three exceptions to these rules exist.

1) Since eBay real estate auctions (listings for land, investment property, or housing) are non-binding, a seller is not required to sell real estate to the highest bidder even when one exists.

2) Since no eBay member is required to complete a transaction with a member whose account is suspended, a seller need not complete a transaction if the buyer or winning bidder is suspended from eBay once the listing is complete but before shipment has occurred.

3) Sellers are not required to sell to the high bidder on an auction listing if there was a reserve price associated with the listing and the reserve price was not met.

after reading the only thing i could say was, "wow, they have ebay real estate?" never knew that. crazy

never had a problem not selling to a 0 feedback seller.

Never having a problem and believing you have the right to not complete the transaction are 2 totally different things. It is also quite likely that after receiving the transaction cancellation request a new ebayer may not know what to do.

You definitely do not have the right to not complete and any eBay rep that claimed you do is incorrect.

the reason i haven't had a problem is because they never respond to emails....i guess new ebayers don't know how to respond to requests for payment. I just save the trouble before it starts by cancelling/blocking 0 feedback bidders when they place a bid..

Never having a problem and believing you have the right to not complete the transaction are 2 totally different things. It is also quite likely that after receiving the transaction cancellation request a new ebayer may not know what to do.

You definitely do not have the right to not complete and any eBay rep that claimed you do is incorrect.

yea, i give them a chance at least but when day 4 hits, i open a case.

This has to be exaggerated. Why would you be so prone to new eBay bidders that don't pay?

Unless like your Weekly listings they can be misinterpreted. :baiting:

yea, i give them a chance at least but when day 4 hits, i open a case.

Which is exactly the way it should be.

Except I missed the transition from 7 days to 4 days. I've been 'reminded' a few times. :shy: