• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Jon Hamm for sure

+1

Madmen is finishing soon too. Could be good timing (if he stays in TV)

+2 dude is freaking awesome. Doesn't take himself too seriously either. Anybody catch him on Children's Hospital?

Bump :-)

Anyone still reading? I really liked this issue ....a good setup issue for the sheat storm thats coming. Book keeps on trucking!

Still one of my fave titles. Looking forward to the read. (thumbs u

Just saw that Andy Diggle is writing it now also.

Is he co-writing with Kirkman or is he THE man?

I didn't think Kirkman shares

Kirkman plots it out and approves scripts. He has said in the past that it's very much like writing for TV in that it has a writer's room feel to the process.

#14 was a great read! I thought it was one of the best issues to date. :applause:

My thoughts:

Early on in this thread I was speculating that the series would move in a darker direction once more of the characters were set up on the board, knowing that Kirkman is behind the overall plotting... well, it seems to be happening here. The stakes seem much higher than in the previous arc, and the dudes in the masks were scary as hell.

I love the sequence where Redmond buys a bottle and takes a drink -- some of the best art (and coloring!) to date.

I wonder if the upcoming heist in Italy explains the framing sequence at the start of issue #1 -- Redmond standing in a museum (?) looking at an empty frame where a painting used to be.

One question. What is the meaning of "the Italians are onto Sabatini"? I get Audrey's reaction (that she knows Augustus is in deep s--t), but I'm not able to put the pieces together as to what it means.

Very much looking forward to "Venice" and the rest of the arc.

One of the hottest titles on the secondary market and on the CGC boards it gets bumped to the second page. :facepalm::grin:

I have pondered this as well. hm

Interest here does seem fairly cool. If Bedlam is too extreme for some, perhaps this title is too tame for some? I guess it's not for everyone. No worries.

I think the title is in a great place for fans, as the "OMG TV show coming" buzz that kicked it off is long gone and the speculators have moved on, but the back issues and new issues continue to sell very well. There is clearly a loyal readership out there -- it continues to amaze me that even issues #9 and #10 have had multiple printings.

Personally I love the characters, the creative team(s) seem like they're having a ball, and it's one of my favorite reads month in and month out.

I unfortunately sold my set awhile back and since regretted it to some extent (not the money but just owning the complete run). I've been searching for a suitable CGC #1 copy as a replacement but haven't had the stomach to bid them up passed a certain pricing point. I'm just hoping they cool down a little in the summer for me to sneak in and snag a copy. :grin:

The story is great and the characters have some depth and I've never been bored while reading an issue. I just can't believe the creative team keeps hitting it out of the park issue after issue. I had wondered if he could keep up the momentum but here we are on #13 and I'm still all in! (thumbs u

Between February and April, order numbers went up according to comichron. Will be interesting to see if this continued in May.

I might need to pick up the second trade and get caught up hm

:) , just remember its useless before you look, and it's all good. But in seriousness. ToT is a great example to show exactly the kind of quick-look analysis it is meant to do.