• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

Good to know. You expect to post and never be asked a question. Way to stand your ground. You da man! Keep bragging about your multiple fast track submissions of target practice books. :whee:

:facepalm:

Why are u so concerned about what i do? I have answered all your questions sir. I wasn't braggin about target practice. I was pointing out that i can do whatever i want with the books. Dont make me cry... I have had a hard enough day today.

I usually don't send in that many books and fast track is always on schedule. Now if I were to send in 30 WD's then I wouldn't fast track. But with a limited number of books, $50 isn't that much to me.

I'm just curious about the whole scenario. You mentioned fast tracking multiple copies of #3? I assume since it is multiple copies you are looking to sell?

Honestly it just doesn't bother me to spend the extra $20 for those two books to have them fast tracked. I'm sure I'll sell one of them but in all honestly I hate waiting. lol Aside from that it will be a good while before #3 is hot if ever.

Ah, a fellow OCD'r. You're in the right crowd. lol

I thought it was in hopes of future sales so I was curious about the logic. I fast track some when I can't wait. I have some books come in every week so to send them slow I just forget about them and get a nice surprise in 4-6-8-10-12 weeks. ;)

Are you planning a registry set?

OCD is very correct, I'm am that for sure! lol No really I know exactly what you mean about taking the slow route. I did that with my watchmen set and it was a great surprise when they came in. I'm thinking about it. Preparing my WD and Chew set's now, but I have actually got the jump on ToT. First time I've done that. :)

Good to know. You expect to post and never be asked a question. Way to stand your ground. You da man! Keep bragging about your multiple fast track submissions of target practice books. :whee:

Why are u so concerned about what i do? I have answered all your questions sir. I wasn't braggin about target practice. I was pointing out that i can do whatever i want with the books. Dont make me cry... I have had a hard enough day today.

It's a discussion board half wit! We have discussion here. In this particular thread we are discussing Thief of Thieves. More specifically we were discussing multiple graded copies of issue 3. You offered this information which then prompted a question. See how that goes? Did anyone suggest what you had to do with the books? No. In fact you stated more than once that you got them graded for the same reason as everyone else. Then you stated you might want to use them for target practice.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that nobody (except a boardie friend of mine) gets books graded to use as target practice.

As far as crying feel free to weep. It's a much more productive use of time than your last few posts. :makepoint:

It's a discussion board half wit! We have discussion here. In this particular thread we are discussing Thief of Thieves. More specifically we were discussing multiple graded copies of issue 3. You offered this information which then prompted a question. See how that goes? Did anyone suggest what you had to do with the books? No. In fact you stated more than once that you got them graded for the same reason as everyone else. Then you stated you might want to use them for target practice.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that nobody (except a boardie friend of mine) gets books graded to use as target practice.

As far as crying feel free to weep. It's a much more productive use of time than your last few posts. :makepoint:

You can always troll over and hit the ignore button. I would highly recommend it.

OCD is very correct, I'm am that for sure! lol No really I know exactly what you mean about taking the slow route. I did that with my watchmen set and it was a great surprise when they came in. I'm thinking about it. Preparing my WD and Chew set's now, but I have actually got the jump on ToT. First time I've done that. :)

You figure you can submit a little less than double the amount of books using the slow track. I hate my bills as is and sometimes I have to pack a submission really quick so I don't think about fast track. It is tempting. Looking for complete sets of WD and Chew. I'm a bit of a fan. ;)

You can always troll over and hit the ignore button. I would highly recommend it.

Kettle meet pot. You have the power!!

What's the margin on submitting a book like ToT 3 with modern fast track? After the grading cost, shipping, and book cost are rolled in, what profit would be made from a 9.8?

I will end this cause i really don't care. Branget won

I will end this cause i really don't care. Branget won

:acclaim:

For right now it's actually in the negative I'm sure. Now if the show explodes at 20% of what WD did then a profit can be had. I know you are Branget! I got my Chew 4 and 5 today BTW. Flawless :)

Zero

Which actually initially prompted my question until I ran into mess for brains.

Was my gut feeling. (thumbs u

So it's essentially a gamble on the future of the property.

I'm happy keeping books in 9.8 raw, and acting upon it later, based on how things turn out.

:)

Which is why I asked about the multiple copies as well. For example with how white hot WD has been it still is not worth fast tracking issue 11 for example. I was curious how far you would go grading multiple issues before storing them raw. Until the recent spike I never fast tracked any WD issue except 1-3. I do tend to fast track a few of my registry books though. :shy:

Zero

Which actually initially prompted my question until I ran into mess for brains.

Was my gut feeling. (thumbs u

So it's essentially a gamble on the future of the property.

I'm happy keeping books in 9.8 raw, and acting upon it later, based on how things turn out.

Agreed. The grading money can be better spent on other books IF the goal is to turn a profit. Even WD #3 wasn't worth fast tracking until the show actually started.

(preface, I only submit for SS now)

All my submissions are fast tracked.

They are completed in order of importance (rare signature, multiple signatures available, upcoming movie / TV show, etc...)

Variants are done first, with regular issues done if the value greatly exceeds my cost (3:1 after fees) or if they are for my personal collection.

*You have time to get your ToT done later.

Think about all the people that rushed out for Locke & Key or Alias books to get graded...

I follow that recipe a little as well. I like to stagger my submissions. I failed to do so recently and ended up with 400 slabs at my door. :eek:

i fast track because i don't like waiting...at all...very impatient. It's worth $10 to me to not have to wait 45 business days. I mistakenly did one in march and i'll never do that again. I do small quantities so doesn't really matter.

I follow that recipe a little as well. I like to stagger my submissions. I failed to do so recently and ended up with 400 slabs at my door. :eek:

lol that must have been fun!

I'm hoping to be organized before the 300 next week. ;)

lol that must have been fun!

I'm hoping to be organized before the 300 next week. ;)

What are you getting graded in such abundance if i may ask? (shrug)