• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your best eBay deal on a CGC graded magazine?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I have definitely overbid on some items in the past few months, but I've also had some great deals. In the first few months of CGC grading magazines, I acquired the following magazines at - I believe - good prices, given their current values as listed in the overstreet price guide:-

-Comix International #1 CGC 9.4 (White Pages) $149.99

-Vampire Tales Annual CGC 9.4 (White Pages) $ 70.00

-Marvel Preview #7 (Satana) CGC 9.6 (White Pages) $90.00

-Monsters Unleashed #1 CGC 9.6 (White Pages) $79.99

-Monsters Unleashed Annual CGC 9.4 (Off-white to White Pages) $50.00

-Legion of Monsters #1 CGC 9.8 (White Pages) $149.99

-Tales of the Zombie Annual CGC 9.6 (White Pages) $130.00

-Tales of the Zombie #4 CGC 9.4 (Off-white to White Pages) $49.99

-Web of Horror #2 CGC 9.2 (Off-white to White Pages) $129.99

I believe these are realistic prices. Any views? And what good deals have you had?

Absolute Steal on that Comix International #1

That is a tough issue. Great buy! Awesome Corben Werewolf panel at the bottom of the cover.

Yep! That sure was a steal. Allcomixs had it listed as a BuyItNow item (can you believe) and I stumbled upon it by accident very shortly after they had listed it. Naturally, I hit that BIN button without a second thought. Allcomixs tend to sell modern comics in the 9.8 - 10.0 grade range, so I was really surprised to see Comix International #1 CGC 9.4 listed in their auctions. By the way, the service was excellent - all in all a fantastic (possibly never to be repeated) transaction. Thank you Allcomixs - and thank you bounty_coder for responding to the post.

Hate to be a buzz kill, but Comix International #1 is one of the most beautiful collections of material and color in the history of Comics Magazine publishing. Seems a shame to only be able to ogle it's cover and not ram your snoot into the depths of it's interior!

I have 2 runs of CI that I bought as they were published. One run I had bound into hardcover while the other sits in a box, still virtually untouched after all these years, so I am a tad guilty of hypocrisy myself, but I consider run #2 my back-up plan should harm befall the bound run.

I pull it off the shelf often and sometimes just get off on flipping through it to absorb all the pretty art and colors...and that smell....oooh..la la! My favorite Warren run, hands down!!!

5 hours ago, wpbooks01 said:

Hate to be a buzz kill, but Comix International #1 is one of the most beautiful collections of material and color in the history of Comics Magazine publishing. Seems a shame to only be able to ogle it's cover and not ram your snoot into the depths of it's interior!

I have 2 runs of CI that I bought as they were published. One run I had bound into hardcover while the other sits in a box, still virtually untouched after all these years, so I am a tad guilty of hypocrisy myself, but I consider run #2 my back-up plan should harm befall the bound run.

I pull it off the shelf often and sometimes just get off on flipping through it to absorb all the pretty art and colors...and that smell....oooh..la la! My favorite Warren run, hands down!!!

I absolutely agree.  Corben's work in these volumes are nothing short of breath-taking.  The saturation of art that leaks off the page is just out of this world.  There is no harm in preserving the best known copies of this gorgeous collection of art as you see fit though.