• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD Philadelphia Comic Con now a 4 Day show, May 31, June1-3

183 posts in this topic

For those who have been to this show in the past...

Do you have any tips for a first timer? Parking? Getting your pass? etc...

Thanks in advance :)

Plenty of pay parking lots nearby. Best to get your pass online at this point

I already bought my ticket online. Once i get there i just find a registration booth, show them my e-ticket, and then they will give a wristband, correct?

I already bought my ticket online. Once i get there i just find a registration booth, show them my e-ticket, and then they will give a wristband, correct?

I believe that is correct

I believe that is correct

OK, thank you.

I cannot wait!

Here are some restaurant recommendations for the Con area:

Japanese: YAKITORI BOY, just north of 11th and Race (2 blocks from Con center), full bar, sushi, Japanese dinner menu, karaoke upstairs

Vietnamese: VIETNAM, just north of 11th and Race (2 blocks from Con Center), full bar

PHO CALI, 10th and Arch

Chinese: SAKURA, 11th and Race (a block or so north of Con Center), my fav Chinese in Chinatown (don't ask me though, ask my Chinese friends)

Burgers: 500 DEGREES, 15th and Sansom, not good for large groups, but take-out ok

Pizza: ZAVINO, best pizza in Philadelphia, at 13th and Sansom, not good for large groups, though

So, this is pretty much the first big con I am going to since joining the boards. How the heck does someone like me who doesn't know any board members in person (except Greg Reece) identify other boardies?

Is there a secret handshake or something? Do I put my board handle on a name tag? Maybe, I should just walk around and ask random people if they are members of the secret society? :)

Ha! Seriously though. I won't be up there until Sunday though and it seems most go earlier.

Any advice is welcome!

There are different handshakes between different people. Look at your manual tonight. Study. And Study hard. If you mess up there will be consequences that i cannot mention on the boards. My safety comes first.

In all seriousness though. A lot of members are dealer, such as myself. Look for the dealers and chances are you will find some other boardies lingering around their booths because they know where to find the best books (AND SUPPLIES) at the show.

That's some good advice there Jeff :thumbsup:

You'll be able to find me pretty easy, I'll be the guy scrambling to find a place to sleep still :sorry:

Jim

Loser.

I should be easy to spot. I am an average height, mid thirties white guy that is slightly overweight, has circles under my eyes, and a fair amount of five o'clock shadow by Sunday. Keep an eye out for me!