• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD WORLD Philadelphia Comic Con now a 4 Day show, May 31, June1-3

183 posts in this topic

Another question, I want to have Stan Lee sign my AvX #1 1:200 sketch and SS it. I assume I need to buy the Stan Lee autograph ticket for this? or does that just get me a pre-signed artifact?

Yes you need through desert wind for that

So i just find them onsite when i get there?

Yes, just look for them, one of their reps was just at my booth and answered your question, hope this helps.

Unfortunately I have to say this show was a disappointment for me. I attended yesterday and was there from 10-8. The show's well organized, and the convention center is huge and it's fun to be in central Philly, but there's a lack of comic dealers. For the budget collector, there's a few good $1 dealers with good stock in alphanumeric order, and there's even a 50 cent dealer with an excellent stock in alphanumeric order. And there are a few high grade dealers (I don't collect that so can't say how they are). What's missing is reasonably priced low-mid grade silver dealers. Yes, there are a few, but they're fairly expensive, and their stock is not very impressive (which for me means no fairly deep runs of the main DC and Marvel silver titles).

There were many toy dealers and 50% graphic novel dealers. Not many statutes dealers, and the ones there were high priced; so high priced that I didn't even make an offer for any. One dealer had a cool Jessica Rabbit mini-poster signed by Kathleen Turner, but she wouldn't come off her $60 price. It's probably worth that (I don't really know), but I didn't want to pay that much for something that I don't really collect, I just thought it was cool.

This was my first time at the Wizard convention, and maybe my expectations were wrong. I had expected this convention to be more like Chicago. The convention space seems to be about the same, but many more comic dealers in Chicago than here in Philly. I had worried that 1 day won't be enough in Philly (I only had time for 1 day due to kids' sports activities), but now I'm glad because I'm not sure I could fill a 2nd day at this convention.

I meant to say I was there from noon (when it opened) to 8 (when it closed). I thought the staff handled the lines really well yesterday. I'd be interested to hear how today went. They were planning to let the VIPs in 30 minutes early today, and the VIPs got in about 15 minutes early yesterday. At a future WW con, if I decide to stay for a few days, I think I'll spring for the VIP admission to get the goodie bag and to get in earlier.

About my comments above, sorry if it sounds negative, but there just were not many comic dealers IMHO. Perhaps it's not fair to compare Philly to Chicago, but if I compare this Philly con to Pittsburgh, I think Pittsburgh is much better for comics.

I had a flawless convention experience today.

On my way in I saw an insanely hot red head in completely sheer lingerie coming down the escalator. Next I picked up my onsite submissions, which were all 9.8s and 9.9s.

I then left the convention center immediately, as it could only go downhill from there. Best 20 minutes of my week.

I had a great day today at the con. I'll be back tomorrow for both of my Stan lee SS submissions. I got some gret deals on mid-grade even high-grade silver ASM's for my run. Picked up a raw ASM 97 (drug issue) that should grade 9.2 for $30, originally the dealer wanted $100.

I hope tomorrow the crowds die down a bit.

I helped sell at Toon Tumblers, bought supplies from HF, snagged some books and had fun. Wished dad would've planned his trip another weekend, but that's the breaks. Also brought the wrong memory card for the camera so missed out on pics.

Next year?

I stalked celebrities, almost died hugging Norman Reedus, met Greggy, and gave away cookies.

Best con yet.

(shrug)

I missed the Wizard Con and the Pons Con due to complications, such as the car trouble and the birth of my new grandson. But here are some of the books I intended on bringing to the party.

7339405224_7ef11179bc_z.jpg

7339405748_e31845ca7a_z.jpg

plus a 1/2 box of pre-code horror. Next time I guess.

I stalked celebrities, almost died hugging Norman Reedus, met Greggy, and gave away cookies.

Best con yet.

(shrug)

I missed the Wizard Con and the Pons Con due to complications, such as the car trouble and the birth of my new grandson. But here are some of the books I intended on bringing to the party.

You really know how to party!! :banana:

Best con yet.

(shrug)

We missed you, Bruce. Congrats on the new grandson!